ECAAD Modelling Tool based on ADOxx®
The work presented in this paper as a result of the European Commission's project NEXT-TELL shows how concepts from the domain of meta-modelling have been applied in the area of technology enhanced learning (TEL) to enable full-fledged tool support for activity and assessment design. The tool, based on the ADOxx® meta-modelling platform (www.adoxx.org), supports teachers and learners to externalize their plans, pedagogical approaches and reasoning using a graphical models. Proposed modelling approach uses a pre-defined but still flexible modelling language, enhanced by a set of mechanisms and algorithms to operationalize the design work. The focus for the enactment of models through mechanisms and algorithms lies upon the model itself rather than on a "generation" approach as applicable in other domains such as software engineering or workflow management. During the development tasks, an open and iterative approach was selected to on one hand include user feedback in the implementation work but also make the results available in an open and reliable framework. The Open Models Initative (www.openmodels.at) by the University of Vienna has been selected to enable a continuous evolution of the model content on one hand (model library/repository of artefacts created) and also the modelling method for ECAAD defined as set of construction principles and approach for these models. (original abstract)
- Next-Tell - Next Generation Teaching, Education and Learning for Life; http://www.next-tell.eu, accessed 02.2013.
- Karagiannis D., Kühn H. (2002), Metamodelling Platforms. [in:] Bauknecht K., Min Tjoa A., Quirchmayr G. (Eds.): Proceedings of the Third International Conference EC-Web 2002 - Dexa 2002, Aix-en-Provence, France, September 2-6, 2002, LNCS 2455, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, p. 182.
- Reimann P. (2010), Process modelling in instructional design. Presentation at the 1st International Workshop of the Open Models Initiative in conjunction with Modellierung2010. Klagenfurt, Austria, March 24, 2010. http://www.openmodels.at/web/omi/blogs/-/blogs/1st-international-workshop-on-omi, accessed 02.2013.
- Utz W., Hrgovcic V., Karagiannis D. (2009), ADVISOR: Towards Holistic Model-Based e-Learning Environments Based On Meta-Modelling Concepts. Appeared [in:] Proceedings of the MSKE2009 - International Conference on Managing Services in the Knowledge Economy, July 15-17, 2009, Famalicão, Portugal.
- Karagiannis D., Visic N. (2011), Next Generation Modelling Platforms. [in:] Perspectives in Business Informatics Research. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-642-24511-4. 2011, p. 19-28.
- Next-Tell Deliverable 2.1 Specification of ECAAD Methodology V1. http://www.next-tell.eu/publications/, accessed 02.2013.
- Next-Tell Deliverable 2.3 Specification of ECAAD Methodology V2. http://www.next-tell.eu/publications/, accessed 02.2013.
- Kickmeier-Rust M. D., Hillemann E., Albert D. (2011), Challenges for 21st century classroom education: The NEXT-TELL approach. [in:] Gómez Chova L., Martí Belenguer D., López Martínez A. (Eds.), Proceedings of Edulearn 2011, July 4-6, 2011, Barcelona, Spain, p. 838-843.
- Utz W., Hrgovcic V., Halb W. (2012), Modelling Tool Support for Evidence Centred Activity and Assessment Design. eChallenges e-2012, Lisbon, Portugal.