The concepts of privatization of state-owned enterprises and public housing stock in Poland : similarities and differences
Privatization of the Polish economy highlighted many problems concerning mostly the concepts of the process. This work attempts to make a review of the main aspects of privatization in Poland on the basis of state-owned enterprises and public housing stock. The authors indicate similarities and differences in privatization of the given resources with regard to the motives and dilemmas, scope of state intervention, techniques, equivalence of sale prices to the market value, and general consequences of this process. The conclusion of this work is that despite some common motives for the privatization of property in Poland, one can list significant differences with respect to the indicated resources. (original abstract)
- Bałtowski M., Prywatyzacja przedsiębiorstw państwowych. Przebieg i ocena, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, 1998.
- Black R., Jaszczołt K., Lee M., Solving the Housing Problem, Lessons From Poland and Hungary in Creating a New Housing Finance System, USAID/Warsaw 2000, Central Europe.
- Błaszczyk B., Gruszecki T., Privatization in Poland. The Legal and Organizational Framework, Stefan Batory Foundation, Warsaw 1991 (Polish).
- Blaszczyk B., First Years of Privatization in Poland (1989-1991), The Institute of Economic Sciences under PAN, Warsaw 1993 (Polish).
- Brozi E., Ways and Barriers of the Privatization of State-owned Enterprises, University of Łódź Publishing, Łódź 1993 (Polish).
- Clapham D., Privatisation and the East European Housing Model, Urban Studies, Vol. 32 1995.
- Dobroczyńska A., Juchniewicz L., Snopek S., Capital Privatization in Poland, WNE UW, Warsaw 1998.
- Frąckowiak M., Housing Crisis in Poland, Causes and Conditions of its Overcoming, Poznań Institute of Technology, Poznań 1994.
- Kostrz-Kostecka A., The National Investment Funds Program,Twigger, Warsaw 1995 (Polish).
- Krawczyk R., The great change, Publishing House, Warsaw 1990 (Polish).
- Lis P., The Conceptions of the Housing Policy, Scientific Notebook No 31, Department of Economic Policy and Developmental Planning, The Poznań University of Economics, Poznan 2005 (Polish).
- Apartments 2002, Central Statistical Office, Warsaw 2003 (Polish).
- Oblicki M., Privatization: Myths and Reality, The Solidarity Weekly 1990, No. 15 (Polish).
- A Strategy for the Long-term Development of the Housing Sector in 2005-2025, Appendix, The conditions of the housing sector in 2005-2013, Warsaw 2005.
- The Information on the Plans and Actions in the Housing Policy, Appendix I, Housing in the process of transformation, the Council of Ministers, Warsaw 2000 (Polish).
- Tittenbrum J., The Economic Rationale for Privatization, Humaniora Foundation Publishing House, Poznań 1995 (Polish).
- Tomidajewicz J.J., Common Privatization in Poland - its Economic Factors and Risks, The Polish-French Colloquium, The Poznań University of Economics, Poznań 1993 (Polish).
- Winiecki J., How to Make a Mass Privatization Program without Achieving almost any of Its Vital Aims, in: Adam Smith Center, Notebooks 1995, No. 6 (Polish).
- Zwierzchlewski S., Some Dilemmas of Polish Privatization, Legal, Economic, and Sociological Movement 1999, Notebook 3 (Polish).