Dispatching concrete trucks using simulation method
Treść / Zawartość
Ready mixed concrete (RMC) is the primary material required for buildings and public infrastructure work. RMC is produced to meet customer’s demands and its deliveries must conform to construction site and technological operating constraints – the material cannot be prepared in advance and stored. Concrete production scheduling and truck dispatching is mainly handled manually by experienced RMC batching plants staff. The paper presents simulation model which can be used to asses alternative strategies for truck allocation and production planning in stochastic environment. The models’ operation is illustrated by a notional case – the model prompted solutions of improved transhipment efficiency and reduced plant operating cost under assumed operating constraints.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., fig., tab.
- 1 Asbach L., Dorndorf U., Pesh E. Analysis, modeling and solution of concrete delivery problem. European Journal of Operational Research 193 (2009) 820–835.
- 2 Feng Ch. W., Cheng T. M., Wu H. T. Optimizing the schedule of dispatching RMC trucks through genetic algorithms. Automation in Construction 13 (2004) 327–340.
- 3 Lin P. C., Wang J., Huang S. H., Wang Y. T. Dispatching ready mixed concrete trucks under demand postponement and weight limit regulation. Automation in Construction 19 (2010) 798–807.
- 4 Lu M., Lam H.-C. Simulation – optimization integrated approach to planning ready mixed concrete production and delivery: validation and applications. Proceedings of the 2009 Winter Simulation Conference 2593–2604.
- 5 Matsatsinis N. F. Towards a decision support system for the ready concrete distribution system: A case of a Greek company. European Journal of Operational Research 152 (2004) 487–499.
- 6 Naso D., Surico M., Turchiano B., Kaymak U. Genetic algorithms for supply-chain scheduling: A case study in the distribution of ready mixed concrete. European Journal of Operational Research 177 (2007) 2069–2099.
- 7 Park M., Kim W. Y., Lee H. S., Han S. Supply chain model for ready mixed concrete. Automation in Construction 20 (2011) 44–55.
- 8 Sobotka A., Biruk S., Jaskowski P. Process approach to production management in a construction company. Proceeding of the Fourth European Conference on Product and Process Modelling in the Building and Related Industries, Portož, Slovenia, 19–11 September 2002.
- 9 Tommelein I. D., Li A. E. Y. Just-in-time concrete delivery: mapping alternatives for vertical supply chain integration. Proceedings of the Seventh Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction IGLC-7, California 1999, 97–108.
- 10 Yan S., Lin H. C., Jiang X. Y. A planning model with a solution algorithm for ready mixed concrete production and truck dispatching under stochastic travel times. Engineering Optimization 44 (2012) 427–447.
- 11 Yan S., Lai W., Chen M. Production scheduling and truck dispatching of ready mixed concrete. Transportation Research. Part E 44 (2008) 164–179.
- 12 Yan S., Lin H. Ch., Liu Y.-Ch. Optimal schedule adjustments for supplying ready mixed concrete following incidents. Automation in Construction 20 (2011) 1041–1050.
- 13 Yan S., Lai W. An optimal scheduling model for ready mixed concrete supply with overtime considerations. Automation in Construction 16 (2007) 734–744.
- 14 Wakefield R., Sears G. Petri Nets for simulation and modeling of construction systems. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 123(2) (1997) 105–112.
- 15 Zayed T.M., Halpin D. Simulation of concrete batch plant production. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 127(2) (2001) 132–141.