Towards global architecture. The project between technique and technology
Treść / Zawartość
Environment, ecosystem, greenhouse effect emissions, public health, energy, sustainable development. This is an incomplete list of elements that are part of our daily lives, which show today’s human footprint responsibility over the health of the planet. Although these issues have been for decades on all policy statements on development the situation is not improving. Indeed, constantly, we are called to change our lifestyle and our models of well-being that are causing an exaggerated and increasing waste of energy and resources, along with the increase of the overall impact of human species on natural systems. I do believe the environment is a resource that has been exploited and neglected for too long, however I am also convinced that excessive (ab)use of certain terms, such as the concept of sustainability, has weakened its driving force and innovation. There is no doubt that the thematic areas related to the monitoring of environmental quality and sustainable development dominate the cultural and socio-economic scenery for the articulation program design and governance of the territory, but the risk we are running today is to flatten themes of 'environment only for propaganda or even worse for the market. The report is a reasoning on innovation, technology and the complexity that now accompanies any work of transformation and that should lead to a "possible future”.
Bibliogr. 7 poz.
- 1 Carson R., Silent Spring, Mariner Books, 1962.
- 2 Beck U. Risk Society: Towards a New Modernity, 1992, Sage Publication.
- 3 Bateson G., Mind and Nature: A Necessary Unity, Aug 2002, Hampton Press.
- 4 Davis M. Dead cities and other tales, The new Press, 2002.
- 5 Rifkin J. The Hydrogen Economy, J.P.Tarcher / Penguin, 2003.
- 6 Singer P. One World: The Ethics of Globalization, Yale University Press 2004.
- 7 Stiglitz J. Making Globalization Work, 2007 W.W. Norton & Company.