Guaranteed Protection in Survivable WDM Mesh Networks - New ILP Formulations for Link Protection and Path Protection
Treść / Zawartość
In this paper we propose new simple integer linear programs (ILPs) formulations for minimizing capacity (in wavelength link) utilization in survivable WDM network. The study examines the performance of shared based protection schemes, such as path protection scheme and link protection scheme under single fiber failure. The numerical results obtained show a reduction in capacity utilization using random traffic compared to the reported ILP formulation. We also present the results using Poisson's traffic to identify the frequently used links for the widely used NSF network. The proposed work not only reduces the wavelength consumption in different traffic scenarios but also efficient in terms of simulation time.
Bibliogr. 16 poz., rys., tab.
-  R. Ramaswami and K. N. Sivarajan, Optical Networks: A Practical Perspective. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2002.
-  M. Shiva Kumar and P. Sreenivasa Kumar, “Static lightpath establishment in WDM Networks – new ILP formulations and heuristic algorithms”, J. Comput. Commun., vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 109–114, 2002.
-  B. Jaumard, C. Meyer, and B. Thiongane, “Comparison of ILP formulations for the RWA problem”, J. Opt. Switch. Netw., vol. 4, no. 3–4, pp. 157–172, 2007.
-  J. Zhang and B. Mukherjee, “A review of fault management in WDM mesh networks: basic concepts and research challenges”, IEEE Netw., pp. 41–48, March/April 2004.
-  J. L. Kennington, E. V. Olinick, and G. Spiride, “Basic mathematical programming models for capacity allocation in mesh-based survivable networks”, J. Manag. Sci., vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 629–644, 2007.
-  S. Ramamurthy, L. Sahasrabuddhe, and B. Mukherjee, “Survivable WDM mesh networks”, J. Lightwave Tech., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 869–883, 2003.
-  T. Doshi, S. Dravida, P. Harshavardhana, O. Hauser, and Y. Wang, “Optical network design and restoration”, Bell Labs Techn. J., pp. 58–84, January-March 1999.
-  M. Sridharan, M. V. Salapaka, and A. K. Somani, “Operating mesh survivable WDM transport networks”, in Proc. SPIE Int. Symp. Terabit Opt. Netw.: Architecture, Control, and Management Issues, Boston, USA, 2000, pp. 113–123.
-  M. Sridharan, A. K. Somani, and M. V. Salapaka, “Approaches for capacity and revenue optimization in survivable WDM networks”, J. High Speed Netw., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 109–125, 2001.
-  E.Modiano and A. Narula-Tam, “Survivable lightpath routing: a new approach to the design of WDM-based networks”, IEEE J. Selec. Areas in Commun., vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 800–809, 2002.
-  M. Herzberg, S. Bye, and A. Utano, “The hop-limit approach for spare-capacity assignment in survivable networks”, IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 775–84, 1995.
-  W. D. Grover, Mesh-based Survivable Networks: Options and Strategies for Optical, MPLS, SONET and ATM Networking. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 2003.
-  D. Medhi and K. Ramaswamy, Network Routing: Algorithms, Protocols, and Architectures. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2007.
-  B. Mohapatra, R. K. Nagaria and S. Tiwari, “Link utilization in survivable WDM mesh network”, in Proc. IEEE ICCCT 2010, Allahabad, India, 2010.
-  H. K. Singh et al., “Performance comparison of protection strategies in WDM mesh networks”, J. Telecommun. Inform. Technol., no. 1, pp. 62–69, 2010.
-  G.Maier et al., “Optical network survivability: protection techniques in the WDM layer”, J. Photonic Netw. Commun., vol. 4, no. 3–4, pp. 251–269, 2002.