Vision based line tracking and landmark recognition
The purpose of this research is to find an easy and effective method for the vision-based mobile robot navigation in indoor environment. In our case, the line is the floor-line with especial colour, and the landmarks are some shapes with especial colours. The color models of the floor-line and landmarks are built, in which floor-line and landmarks color samples were extracted from sample images of floor-line and landmarks taken under different lighting conditions to make color models more robust. The robot tracks the floor-line by the peak of the floor-line colour probability distributions to move, and the robot's action policy is decided when the landmarks have been seen and recognized; the landmark is recognized by its colour and shape.
Bibliogr. 5 poz., rys., wykr.
-  Sugisaka M., Wang X., Intelligent control of a mobile vehicle using on-line tearing, System Science, Vol. 25, 1999, pp. 41-50.
-  Bradski G.R., Computer Vision Face Tracking For Use in a Perceptual User Interface, Intel Technology Journal Q2’98. (http://download.intel.com/technology/itj/q21998/pdf/camshift.pdf)
-  Wang J., Sugisaka M., Study on a color based target detection technique, AROB 7th ‘02, Vol. 2, January 2002, pp. 532-535.
-  Sobottka K., Pitas I., Segmentation and tracking effaces in color images, Proc. Second Int. Conf. Auto. Face and Gesture Recognition, 1996, pp. 236-241.
-  Hong H.S., Yoo D.H., Chung M.J., Real-time face tracker using ellipse fitting and dor look-up table in irregular illumination, AROB, 8th ‘03, Vol. 1, 2003, pp. 156-159.