Detonation Properties of Mixtures of Ammonium Nitrate Based Fertilizers and Fuels
Treść / Zawartość
Detonation properties of mixtures of milled ammonium nitrate based fertilizers and fuels - aluminium or mineral oil - have been determined. The fertilizers used were ammonium nitrate and its compositions with mineral meal; for some compositions additional amount of mineral meal was mixed with the fertilizer. Detonation velocity, Guerney's energy and limits of detonability of such mixtures have been measured. It was examined that mixtures of mineral oil and fertilizers containing over 20% of mineral meal detonated during the tests. Mixtures of aluminium and fertilizers detonated even if concentration of mineral meal in the fertilizers was 40%.
Bibliogr. 14 poz.
-  Editorial, Fact and Fantasy in Oklahoma, Nitrogen, May-June 1995.
-  Hands R., Ammonium nitrate on trial, Nitrogen, January-February 1996, 15-17.
-  Paper from Working Party on Technical Harmonisation (Dangerous Substances) on 10 April 2008.
-  Regulation EU No 552/2009 published in Official Journal of EU No L 164/7 (Reach).
-  Zygmunt B., Buczkowski D., Influence of Ammonium Nitrate Prills Properties on Detonation Velocity of ANFO, Propellants, Explos., Pyrotech., 2007, 32(5), 411-414.
-  Maranda A., Research on the Process of Detonation of Explosive Mixtures of the Oxidizer Fuel Type Containing Aluminium Powder, Propellants, Explos., Pyrotech., 1990, 15(4), 161-165.
-  Zygmunt B., Initiation by Shock Wave Detonation of Water Containing Explosives about Various Structure of Grain, Physics of Combustion and Explosion, 1980, 16(4), 89-93 (in Russian).
-  Maranda A., Papliński A., Gałęzowski D, Investigation on Detonation and Thermochemical Parameters of Aluminized ANFO, J. Energetic Mater., 2003, 21(1), 1-13.
-  Buczkowski D., Zygmunt B., Influence of Ammonium Nitrate Prills’ Porosity and Dimesions on Detonation Velocity of ANFO Explosives, Vth Int. Seminar “New Trends in Research of Energetic Materials”, Pardubice, 21-23.04.2003, 45-51.
-  Miyake A., Kobayashi H., Echigoya H., Kubota S., Wada Y., Ogata Y., Arai H., Ogawa T., Detonation Characteristics of Ammonium Nitrate and Activated Carbon Mixtures, J. Loss Prev. Process Ind., 2007, 20, 584-588.
-  Kozevnikov V., Detonation of Ammonium Nitrate and Mixtures with Fuels Containing Inert Additives or not, Physics of Combustion and Explosion, 1999, 35(3), 114-119 (in Russian).
-  Polish standard BN-80/6091-42.
-  Trzciński W.A., Cudziło S., The Application of the Cylinder Test to Determine the Energy Characteristics of Industrial Explosives, Archives of Mining Sciences, (2001), 46(3), 291-307.
-  Buczkowski D., Trzciński W. A., Zygmunt B., Examining of Energetic Properties of ANFO Explosive by Using Cylindrical Test, Fifth Int. Armament Conf. „Scientific Aspects of Armament”, Waplewo, 9-11.10.2004, 74-82.