Structure and physical properties of Fe-based metallic glasses with Ni and Co addition
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The main aim of the paper was investigation of structure and physical properties of Fe-based metallic glasses with Ni and Co addition. Design/methodology/approach: The structure was characterized by X-ray diffraction (XRD) method, transmission electron microscope (TEM), scanning electron microscope (SEM). The measurement of physical properties (magnetic and mechanical) were made. The magnetic properties contained initial magnetic permeability μi, coercive force Hc and magnetic after-effects Δμ/μ measurements were determined by the Maxwell-Wien bridge, coercivemeter and with the use of automatic device for measurements magnetic permeability, respectively. Microhardness tests were performed on Vickers microhardness tester. Findings: The XRD and TEM investigations revealed that the studied ribbons were amorphous. The SEM images showed that studied fractures morphology of ribbons is changing from smooth fracture inside with narrow dense veins pattern on surface having contact with the copper roller during casting to fine (shell) chevron pattern on surface freely solidified. The changing of chosen soft magnetic and mechanical properties obtained for samples with different thickness is a result of the non-homogenous amorphous structure of tested metallic glasses. Practical implications: The successful preparation of the Fe-based metallic glasses with Ni and Co addition from industrial raw materials will benefit cost-effective development of functional ferromagnetic materials and may be utilized in construction of magnetic cores such as common mode choke coils and noise filters. Originality/value: In this work, an attempt has been made to prepare the Fe-based metallic glasses more economically by means of replacement of high purity materials with industrial materials (ferroalloys).
Bibliogr. 26 poz., rys., tab.
- Institute of Engineering Materials and Biomaterials, Silesian University of Technology, ul. Konarskiego 18a, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland, email@example.com
- Institute of Engineering Materials and Biomaterials, Silesian University of Technology, ul. Konarskiego 18a, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland
-  A. Inoue, Stabilization of metallic supercooled liquid and bulk amorphous alloys, Acta Materialia 48 (2000) 279-306.
-  Ch. Chang, B. Shen, A. Inoue, Synthesis of bulk glassy alloys in the (Fe,Co,Ni)-B-Si-Nb system, Materials Science and Engineering A 449-451 (2007) 239-242.
-  B. Shen, Ch. Chang, A. Inoue, Formation, ductile deformation behaviour and soft-magnetic properties of (Fe,Co,Ni)-B-Si-Nb bulk glassy alloys, Intermetallics 15 (2007) 9-16.
-  A. Inoue, B. Shen, A. Takeuchi, Fabrication, properties and applications of bulk glassy alloys in late transition metal-baed systems, Materials Science and Engineering A 441 (2006) 18-25.
-  R. Nowosielski, R. Babilas, S. Griner, T. Czeppe, Structure, thermal and magnetic properties of Fe43Co14Ni14B20Si5Nb4 bulk metallic glass, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 38/2 (2010) 123-130.
-  R. Babilas, R. Nowosielski, Iron-based bulk amorphous alloys, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 44/1 (2010) 5-27.
-  R. Nowosielski, R. Babilas, Preparation, structure and properties of Fe-based bulk metallic glasses, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 40/2 (2010) 123-130.
-  S. Lesz, Preparation of Fe-Co-based bulk amorphous alloy from high purity and industrial raw materials, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 48/2 (2011) 77-88.
-  S. Lesz, S. Griner, R. Nowosielski, Influence of geometry of rapidly solidified rods on properties of Fe-Co-based alloy, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 41 (2010) 16-25.
-  S. Lesz, D. Szewieczek, J. Tyrlik-Held, Correlation between fracture morphology and mechanical properties of NANOPERM alloys, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 29/2 (2008) 73-80.
-  S. Lesz, R. Babilas, M. Nabiałek, M. Szota, M. Dośpiał, R. Nowosielski: The characterization of structure, thermal stability and magnetic properties of Fe-Co-B-Si-Nb bulk amorphous and nanocrystalline alloys, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 509S (2011) 197-201.
-  S. Lesz, Z. Stokłosa, R. Nowosielski, Influence of copper addition on properties of (Fe36Co36B19Si5Nb4)100-xCux metallic glasses, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 38/1 (2009) 12-18.
-  A. Inoue, B. Shen, Ch. Chang, Super-high strength of over 4000 MPa for Fe-based bulk glassy alloys in [(Fe1-xCox)0.75B0.2Si0.05]96Nb4 system, Acta Materialia 52 (2004) 4093-4099.
-  L.A. Dobrzański, M. Drak, B. Ziębowicz, Materials with specific magnetic properties, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 37-40.
-  C. Suryanarayana, A. Inoue, Bulk metallic glasses, CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group Boca Raton, London, New York, 2011.
-  R. Babilas, M. Kądziołka-Gaweł, R. Nowosielski, Structure studies of Fe-based metallic glasses by Mossbauer spectroscopy method, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 45/1 (2011) 7-12.
-  B. Ziębowicz, L.A. Dobrzański, Application of nanostructural materials in manufacturing of soft magnetic composite materials Fe73.5Cu1Nb3Si13.5B9 - PEHD type, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 24/2 (2007) 91-94.
-  J. Konieczny, A. Borisjuk, M. Pashechko, L.A. Dobrzański, Magnetic properties of Co-based amorphous ribbon under cyclic heating and cooling, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 42 (2010) 42-49.
-  R. Nowosielski, R. Babilas, S. Griner, Z. Stokłosa, Structure and soft magnetic properties of Fe72B20Si4Nb4 bulk metallic glasses, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 35/1 (2009) 13-20.
-  W. Pilarczyk, R. Nowosielski, R. Babilas, An attempt of selected metallic glasses producing with Fe and Ni matrix, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 41/1 (2010) 5-12.
-  L.A. Dobrzański, M. Drak, Hard magnetic composite materials Nd-Fe-B with additions of iron and X2CrNiMo-17-12-2 steel, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 449/1-2 (2008) 88-92.
-  B. Ziębowicz, D. Szewieczek, L.A. Dobrzański, New possibilities of application of composite materials with soft magnetic properties, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 20 (2007) 207-210.
-  Z.H. Gan, H.Y. Yi, J. Pu, J.F. Wang, J.Z. Xiao, Preparation of bulk amorphous Fe-Ni-P-B-Ga alloys from industrial raw materials, Scripta Materialia 48 (2003) 1543-1547.
-  H. Li, S. Yi, Fabrication of bulk metallic glasses in the alloy system Fe-C-Si-B-P-Cr-Mo-Al using hot metal and industrial ferro-alloys, Materials Science and Engineering A 449-451 (2007) 189-192.
-  Y. Hu, M.X. Pan, L. Liu, Y.H. Zhao, D.Q. Zhao, W.H. Wang, Synthesis of Fe-based bulk metallic glasses with low purity materials by multi-metalloids addition, Materials Letters 57 (2003) 2698-2701.
-  PN-EN ISO 6507 - 1:2007. Metallic materials - Vickers hardness test - Part 1: Test method