A Degradation-Threshold-Shock model for a system. The case of dependent causes of failure in finite-time
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
This paper deals with a condition-based maintenance strategy (CBM) in finite-time horizon for a system subject to two different causes of failure, internal degradation and sudden shocks. Internal degradation is modelled under a gamma process and sudden shocks arrive at the system following a non-homogeneous Poisson process (NHPP). Both causes of failure are considered as dependent. When a sudden shock takes places, the system fails. In addition, the system is regarded to fail when the deterioration level reaches a critical threshold. Under this functioning scheme, a CBM strategy is developed for controlling the reliability of the system. Traditionally, this strategy is developed under an asymptotic approach. Hence, considering an infinite-time horizon is not always possible. In this paper, we analyse a CBM strategy under a finite-time horizon developing a recursive method which estimates the expected cost rate based on numerical integration and Monte Carlo simulation. A numerical example is provided in order to illustrate this complex maintenance model.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., wykr.
-  Bertoin, J. (1998). Lévy Processes. Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics, Cambridge University Press.
-  Caballé N. C., Castro, I. T., Pérez, C. J. et al. (2015). A condition-based maintenance of a dependent degradation- threshold-shock model in a system with multiple degradation processes. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 134, 98109.
-  Castro, I. T., Caballé, N. C. & Pérez, C. J. (2015). A condition-based maintenance for a system subject to multiple degradation processes and external shocks. International Journal of Systems Science 9, 46, 1692-1704.
-  Cheng, G. Q., Zhou, B. H. & Li, L. (2015). Joint optimisation of buffer size and preventive maintenance for a deteriorating upstream machine. International Journal of Systems Science: Operations & Logistics 4, 2, 199-210.
-  Huynh, K. T., Barros, A., Bérenguer, C. et al. (2011). A periodic inspection and replacement policy for systems subject to competing failure modes due to degradation and traumatic events. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 4, 96, 497-508.
-  Huynh, K. T., Castro, I. T., Barros, A. et al. (2012). Modeling age-based maintenance strategies with minimal repairs for systems subject to competing failure modes due to degradation and shocks. European Journal of Operational Research. 1, 218, 140-151.
-  Lemoine, A. J. & Wenocour, M. L. (1985). On failure modeling. Naval Research Logistics 3, 32, 497-508.
-  Pandey, M., Cheng, T. & van der Weide, J. (2011). Finite-time maintenance cost analysis of engineering systems affected by stochastic degradation. Proc. of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability 2, 225, 241-250.
-  van Noortwijk, J. (2009). A survey of the application of gamma process in maintenance. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 1, 94, 2-21.
Opracowanie ze środków MNiSW w ramach umowy 812/P-DUN/2016 na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (zadania 2017).