A Study on the Errors in the Free-Gyro Positioning and Directional System
Treść / Zawartość
This paper is to develop the position error equations including the attitude errors, the errors of nadir and ship’s heading, and the errors of ship’s position in the free-gyro positioning and directional system. In doing so, the determination of ship’s position by two free gyro vectors was discussed and the algorithmic design of the free-gyro positioning and directional system was introduced briefly. Next, the errors of transformation matrices of the gyro and body frames, i.e., attitude errors, were examined and the attitude equations were also derived. The perturbations of the errors of the nadir angle including ship’s heading were investigated in each stage from the sensor of rate of motion of the spin axis to the nadir angle obtained. Finally, the perturbation error equations of ship’s position used the nadir angles were derived in the form of a linear error model and the concept of FDOP was also suggested by using covariance of position error.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys., tab.
-  Hofmann‐Wellenhof B, Lichtenegger H and Collins J(2001), “GPS, Theory and Practice”, 5th edition, SpringerWienNewYork, p. 272.
-  Jekeli, C.(2001), Inertial Navigation Systems with Geodetic Applications, Walter de Gruyter, p.147‐157.
-  Jeong, T.G.(2005), “A Study on the Errors in the Free‐ Gyro Positioning System (Ⅰ)”, International Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 611‐614.
-  Jeong, T.G. and Park, S.C.(2006), “A Theoretical Study on Free Gyroscopic Compass”, International Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 30, No. 9, pp. 729‐ 734.
-  Jeong, T. G. and Park, S. C.(2011), “An Algorithmic Study on Positioning and Directional System by Free Gyros”, TransNav, International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation, Vol. 5, No.3, pp.297‐302.
-  Kaplan, E. D. et al(2006), Understanding GPS Principles and Application, 2nd edition, ARTECH House, p.331.
-  Park, S.C. and Jeong, T.G.(2004), “A Basic Study on Position Fixing by Free Gyros”, Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol.28, No.8, pp. 653‐657.
-  Rogers, R.M(2007), Applied Mathematics in Integrated Navigation Systems, 3rd ed., AIAA, pp.106‐111.
-  Titterton, D.H. and Weston, J.L.(2004), Strapdown Inertial Navigation Technology, 2nd ed., AIAA, p. 287.