Vibration-base key exchange among multiple smart devices on the desk
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Eavesdropping is a real concern in mobile NFC (Near Filed Communication) pay- ment and data sharing applications. Although DH (Diffie-Hellman) scheme has been widely used in key exchange for secure communica- tions, it may fail in an indoor environment due to the vulnerability against man-in-the-middle attack. In this paper, we propose a vibration- based key exchange among multiple smart de- vices on the desk. In our scheme, devices are assumed to be placed next to each other and each device vibrates with patterns converted from a key to be exchanged and measures them with accelerometer to recover it. Then, each key is recovered from measured acceleration. We implement our scheme with Android smart- phones to show the effectiveness of the pro- posed scheme.
Bibliogr. 16 poz., rys.
-  Whitfield Diffie and Martin Hellman. New direc- tions in cryptography. IEEE transactions on Infor- mation Theory, 22(6):644–654, 1976.
-  Weixi Gu, Zheng Yang, Longfei Shangguan, Xi- aoyu Ji, and Yiyang Zhao. Toauth: Towards au- tomatic near field authentication for smartphones. In IEEE International Conference on Trust, Secu- rity and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), pages 229–236, 2014.
-  Tzipora Halevi, Haoyu Li, Di Ma, Navrati Saxena, Jonathan Voris, and Tuo Xiang. Context-aware de- fenses to rfid unauthorized reading and relay attacks. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Comput- ing, 1(2):307–318, 2013.
-  Tzipora Halevi, Di Ma, Nitesh Saxena, and Tuo Xi- ang. Secure proximity detection for nfc devices based on ambient sensor data. In ESORICS, pages 379–396. Springer, 2012.
-  Eamonn J Keogh and Michael J Pazzani. Derivative dynamic time warping. In Sdm, volume 1, pages 5– 7. SIAM, 2001.
-  Di Ma, Navrati Saxena, Tuo Xiang, and Yan Zhu. Location-aware and safer cards: enhancing rfid se- curity and privacy via location sensing. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Comput- ing, 10(2):57–69, 2013.
-  Suhas Mathur, Robert Miller, Alexander Varshavsky, Wade Trappe, and Narayan Mandayam.Proximate: proximity-based secure pairing using ambient wireless signals. In ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys), pages 211–224, 2011.
-  Rene Mayrhofer and Hans Gellersen. Shake well before use: Intuitive and secure pairing of mobile devices. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 8(6):792–806, 2009.
-  Maryam Mehrnezhad, Feng Hao, and Siamak F Shahandashti. Tap-tap and pay (ttp): Preventing man- in-the-middle attacks in nfc payment using mobile sensors, 2014.
-  Markus Miettinen, N Asokan, Thien Duc Nguyen, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, and Majid Sobhani. Contextbased zero-interaction pairing and key evolution for advanced personal devices. In ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), pages 880–891, 2014.
-  Babins Shrestha, Nitesh Saxena, Hien Thi Thu Truong, and N Asokan. Drone to the rescue: Relay resilient authentication using ambient multi-sensing. In Financial Cryptography and Data Security, pages 349–364. Springer, 2014.
-  Yuanchao Shu, Yu Jason Gu, and Jiming Chen. Dynamic authentication with sensory information for the access control systems. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 25(2):427–436, 2014.
-  NP Smart. Identity-based authenticated key agreement protocol based on Weil pairing. Electronics letters, 38(13):630–632, 2002.
-  Hien Thi Thu Truong, Xiang Gao, Biva Shrestha, Navrati Saxena, N Asokan, and Petteri Nurmi. Comparing and fusing different sensor modalities for relay attack resistance in zero-interaction authentication. In IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom), pages 163–171, 2014.
-  Pascal Urien and Selwyn Piramuthu. Identity-based authentication to address relay attacks in temperature sensor-enabled smartcards. In European Conference on Smart Objects, Systems and Technologies (SmartSysTech), pages 1–7. VDE, 2013.
-  Tao Wang, Yao Liu, and Jay Ligatti. Fingerprinting far proximity from radio emissions. In ESORICS, pages 508–525. Springer, 2014
Opracowanie ze środków MNiSW w ramach umowy 812/P-DUN/2016 na działalność upowszechniającą naukę.