A new high thermal shock resistant onelayer glass–ceramic coating for industrial and engineering applications
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: A new high thermal stability single layer glass–ceramic coating system designing for applied on various grade of steel alloy has been developed in this work. Design/methodology/approach: The thermal shock resistance, thermal conductivity and thermal expansion of the coating system were evaluated by using suitable standard tests. Some crystalline agents (Lithium oxide Li2O, Titanium oxide TiO2, Zircon ZrSiO4 and Feldspar CaO∙Al2O3∙2SiO2) were add at constant ratio 6% to coating system to evaluate their effects on the resultant coatings. Findings: The results indicate the suitability of these coatings for protection of metal substrate. Also the results show that the properties of resultant coating were hardly affected by composition and concentration of crystalline agent. Research limitations/implications: Coating with lithium oxide has the lowest thermal expansion, which means the highest thermal shock resistance. While, values of thermal conductivity were too close for all types of coating. Originality/value: Generally, the resultant coating properties have been enhanced in all cases; this is associated with the introduce the crystalline agent which lead to the formation of a complex network of crystalline phases.
Bibliogr. 14 poz., rys., tab.
-  S. Datta, S. Das, A new high temperature resistant glass–ceramic coating for gas turbine engine components, Bulletin of Materials Science 28/7 (2005) 689-696, doi: 10.1007/BF02708539.
-  D. Xie, Y. Xiong, F. Wang, Effect of an Enamel Coating on the Oxidation and Hot Corrosion Behavior of an HVOF-Sprayed Co-Ni-Cr-Al-Y Coating, Oxidation of Metals 59/5-6 (2003) 503-516.
-  T. Tański, L.A. Dobrzański, M. Wiśniowski, T. Linek, R. Szklarek, PVD surface treatment of heat-treated cast aluminium alloys, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 79/2 (2016) 79-88.
-  A.H. Ataiwi, I.A. Mahmood, J.H. Mohmmed, Studying and Modeling the Effects of Quartz Addition and Heat Treatment on mechanical Properties of Ceramic Coating, Journal of Engineering and Technology 32/7 (2014) 1811-1824.
-  X. Yang, A. Jha, R.C. Cochrane, S. Ali, Masstransport processes at the steel-enamel interface, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B 37/1 (2006) 89-98, doi: 10.1007/s11663-006-0088-6.
-  H.A. Ataiwi, I.A. Mahmood, J.H. Mohmmed, Studying and Modeling the Effects of Quartz Addition and Heat Treatment on Corrosion Properties of Ceramic Coating, Journal of Engineering and Technology 29/12 (2011) 2564-2579.
-  A. Davran, Enamelling Applications on Metal from Past to Future, Master Thesis, Izmir University of Economics, 2011.
-  L. Samiee, H. Sarpoolaky, A. Mirhabibi, Microstructure and adherence of cobalt containing and cobalt free enamels to low carbon steel, Materials Science and Engineering A 458/1-2 (2007) 88-95, doi: 10.1016/j.msea.2006.12.108.
-  X. Yang, A. Jha, R. Brydson, R.C. Cochrane, The effects of a nickel oxide precoat on the gas bubble structures and fish-scaling resistance in vitreous enamels, Materials Science and Engineering A 366/2 (2004) 254-261, doi: 10.1016/j.msea.2003.08.003.
-  X. Yang, A. Jha, R. Brydson, R.C. Cochrane, Masstransport processes at the steel-enamel interface, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B 37/1 (2006) 89-98, doi: 10.1007/s11663-006-0088-6.
-  Md.A. Hossain, A. Nafis Ahmed, Md. Anwar Arfien Khan, Vitreous Enamel Coating on Mild Steel Substrate: Characterization and Evaluation, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 5/2 (2014) 821-826.
-  D.S. Gavrilovski, N.S. Blagojevi, M.P. Gavrilovski, Modelling glass-ceramic enamel properties, Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society 67/2 (2002) 135-142.
-  A.M. Collicu, D.J. Powney, The Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Materials, First Edition, Hodder Arnold, Great Britain, 1973.
-  J.B. Wachtman, L.D. Voges, Proceedings of the 58th Porcelain Enamel Institute Technical Forum: Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings 17/5, 2008.
Opracowanie ze środków MNiSW w ramach umowy 812/P-DUN/2016 na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (zadania 2017).