Retry Loss Models Supporting Elastic Traffic
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
We consider a single-link loss system of fixed capacity, which accommodates K service-classes of Poisson traffic with elastic bandwidth-per-call requirements. When a new call cannot be accepted in the system with its peak-bandwidth requirement, it can retry one or more times (single and multi-retry loss model, respectively) to be connected in the system with reduced bandwidth requirement and increased service time, exponentially distributed. Furthermore, if its last bandwidth requirement is still higher than the available link bandwidth, it can be accepted in the system by compressing not only the bandwidth of all inservice calls (of all service-classes) but also its last bandwidth requirement. The proposed model does not have a product form solution and therefore we propose an approximate recursive formula for the calculation of the link occupancy distribution and consequently call blocking probabilities. The accuracy of the proposed formula is verified by simulation and is found to be quite satisfactory.
Bibliogr. 20 poz., fig.
- Dept. of Telecommunications Science and Technology, University of Peloponnese, 221 00 Tripolis, Greece, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WCL, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, 265 04 Patras, Greece, vasilak@ wcl.ee.upatras.gr
- WCL, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, 265 04 Patras, Greece, jvardakas@ wcl.ee.upatras.gr
- WCL, Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, 265 04 Patras, Greece, mlogo@ wcl.ee.upatras.gr
-  J. S. Kaufman, “Blocking in a shared resource environment,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1474–1481, Oct. 1981.
-  J. W. Roberts, Performance of Data Communications systems and their applications. North Holland, Amsterdam, 1981, ch. A service system with heterogeneous user requirements, pp. 423–431.
-  M. Logothetis and G. Kokkinakis, “Path Bandwidth Management for Large Scale Telecom Networks,” IEICE Trans. Commun., vol. E83-B, no. 9, pp. 2087–2099, Sep. 2000.
-  M. Stasiak and M. Głąbowski, “A simple approximation of the link model with reservation by a one-dimensional Markov chain,” Journal of Performance Evaluation, vol. 41, no. 2-3, pp. 195–208, Jul. 2000.
-  I. Moscholios, M. Logothetis, and G. Kokkinakis, “Call-burst blocking of ON-OFF traffic sources with retrials under the complete sharing policy,” Journal of Performance Evaluation, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 279–312, Mar. 2005.
-  W. Bziuk, “Approximate state probabilities in large shared multirate loss systems with an application to trunk reservation,” European Trans. Telecom, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 205–216, May 2005.
-  W. Choi and J. Y. Kim, “Joint Erlang Capacity of DS/CDMA Forward Link Based on Resource Sharing Algorithm,” IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, vol. E84-A, no. 6, pp. 1406–1412, Jun. 2001.
-  P. Fazekas, S. Imre, and M. Telek, “Modelling and Analysis of Broadband Cellular Networks with Multimedia Connections,” Telecommunication systems, vol. 19, no. 3-4, pp. 263–288, Mar. 2002.
-  D. Staehle and A. Mäder, “An Analytic Approximation of the Uplink Capacity in a UMTS Network with Heterogeneous Traffic,” in Proc. 18th International Teletraffic Congress (ITC), Berlin, Sep. 2003, pp. 81–90.
-  M. Głąbowski, M. Stasiak, A. Wiśniewski, and P. Zwierzykowski, “Blocking Probability Calculation for Cellular Systems with WCDMA Radio Interface Servicing PCT1 and PCT2 Multirate Traffic,” IEICE Trans. Commun, vol. E92-B, pp. 1156–1165, Apr. 2009.
-  A. Washington and H. Perros, “Call blocking probabilities in a trafficgroomed tandem optical network,” Computer Networks, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 281–294, Jun. 2004.
-  A. Sahasrabudhe and D. Manjunath, “Performance of optical burst switched networks: A two moment analysis,” Computer Networks, vol. 50, no. 18, pp. 3550–3563, Dec. 2006.
-  J. Vardakas, V. Vassilakis, and M. Logothetis, “Blocking Analysis in Hybrid TDM-WDM Passive Optical Networks,” in Proc. 5th Int. Working Conference on Performance Modelling and Evaluation of Heterogeneous Networks (HET-NETs 2008), Karlskrona, Sweden, Feb. 2008.
-  K. Kuppuswamy and D. Lee, “An analytic approach to efficiently computing call blocking probabilities for multiclass WDM networks,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 658–670, Apr. 2009.
-  J. S. Vardakas, I. D. Moscholios, M. D. Logothetis, and V. G. Stylianakis, “An Analytical Approach for Dynamic Wavelength Allocation in WDMTDMA PONs Servicing ON-OFF Traffic,” IEEE/OSA J. Opt. Commun. Netw., vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 347–358, Apr. 2011.
-  K. W. Ross, Multiservice loss models for broadband telecommunication networks. Springer, Berlin, 1995.
-  J. S. Kaufman, “Blocking in a Completely Shared Resource Environment With State Dependent Resource and Residency Requirements,” in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM’92, 1992, pp. 2224–2232.
-  ——, “Blocking with retrials in a completely shared resource environment,” Journal of Performance Evaluation, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 99–113, Jun. 1992.
-  G. Stamatelos and V. Koukoulidis, “Reservation – Based Bandwidth Allocation in a Radio ATM Network,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 420–428, Jun. 1997.
-  “Simscript II.5,” [online], http://www.simscript.com.