2015 - a time of great change - will you be ready?
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
One of the key drivers of the biocides market is legislation. Biocides are regulated under the Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012). This regulation aims to improve the functioning of the biocidal products market in the EU, while ensuring a high level of protection for humans and the environment. The text is applicable since 1 September 2013, with a transitional period for certain provisions and repeals the Biocidal Products Directive (Directive 98/8/EC). Many significant changes to European legislation will become effective in 2015, which will affect the Biocidal Products Regulation (528/ 2012 / EC) specifically concerning Article 58, with regards to the labelling required for Treated Articles and a list of ECHA approved suppliers, the Classification Labelling and Packaging Regulation (1272 / 2008/ EC) with regards to the 2nd Advance to Technical Progress and the new requirements for labelling of all chemical substances classified as sensitizing, REACH (1907 / 2006 / EC) with regards to the 6th Advance to Technical Progress, specifically concerning the re-classification of formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers. Finally the inclusion of certain commonly used algicides on the Priority list of the Water Framework Directive (2000 / 60 / EC). This paper will explain in detail how these changes will affect the European Industry specifically concerning the use and labelling of biocides. It will also detail the development of new products specifically designed to minimize the effects of the above changes.
Bibliogr. 6 poz., rys., tab.
- 1. http://www.oemeta.com/en/support/legislation/reclassification-of-formaldehyde/
- 2. http://echa.eu ropa.eu/view-article/-/journal_content/c89bdb13-09e9-497c-8e73-ddae13a842c8
- 3. http://www.hse.gov.uk/biocides/treated-articles.htm
- 4. http://echa.europa.eu/information-on-chemicals/active-substance-suppliers
- 5. http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-framework/index_en.html
- 6. PCI Magazin, April 2014, New Biocidai Active, Effectively Preserves Paint, Latex, Colorants and Mineral Slurries, by Beth Ann Browne