Quality Expectations of Mobile Subscribers
Treść / Zawartość
Mobile systems, by nature, have finite resources. Radio spectrum is limited, expensive and shared between many users and services. Mobile broadband networks must support multiple applications of voice, video and data on a single IP-based infrastructure. These converged services each have unique traffic holding and quality requirements. A positive user experience must be obtained through efficient partitioning of the available wireless network resources. The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) has developed a comprehensive Quality of Service (QoS) parameter to address this problem. The regular control of service quality is critical for operators to ensure user Quality of Experience (QoE), establish new business models and monetize services. It enables operators to employ fair-use resource policies and maintain network performance during peak traffic times. Wireless mobile communication is tending towards an integrated system of Internet and telecommunication technologies, where mobile users move freely anytime and everywhere. They desire to communicate with any device using the best service available. In this paper QoS management issues in mobile communication are described. The authors present an insight into subscriber behavior and related factors that affect the QoE of mobile data services.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys., tab.
- Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics, Department of Radio Communication Systems and Networks, Gdańsk University of Technology, Gabriela Narutowicza st11/12, 80-233 Gdańsk, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics, Department of Radio Communication Systems and Networks, Gdańsk University of Technology, Gabriela Narutowicza st11/12, 80-233 Gdańsk, Poland, email@example.com
-  M. Koivisto and A. Urbaczewski, “The relationship between quality of service perceived and delivered in mobile internet communication”, Inform. Syst. and e-Business Manag., vol. 2, pp. 309–323, 2004.
-  J. A. Garcia-Macias, F. Rousseau, G. Berger-Sabbatel, L. Toumi, and A. Duda, “Quality of Service and mobility for the wireless internet”, Wirel. Netw., vol. 9, pp. 341–352, 2003.
-  “Quality of Service (QoS) Concept and Architecture”, ETSI TS 123107 V11.0.0, 2012.
-  F. Farid, S. Shahrestani, and C. Raun, “Quality of Service concerns in wireless and cellular networks”, Commun. of the IBIMA, vol. 2013, pp. 1–5, 2013.
-  3GPP TS 23.203 V8.9.0, “Policy and Charging Control Architecture”, 2010.
-  “Quality of Service (QoS) and Policy Management in Mobile Data Networks”, Ixia, Dec. 2013.
-  “Mobile Analytics Report”, Citrix, June 2013.
-  “Mobile Analytics Report”, Citrix, Nov. 2013.
-  “Quality of Experience for Mobile Data Networks”, Citrix, 2013.