An analytical globar-local Taylor transformation-based vibration solution for annular FGM sandwich plates supported by nonuniform elastic foundations
Free vibration of functionally graded annular sandwich plates resting on Winkler-type elastic foundations is investigated based on a zigzag global–local plate theory and a finite Taylor's transform whose center is located at the outer edge. Material properties of each layer may be graded in the transverse direction according to a power law. It is the first time that a global–local theory is combined with a layerwise analytical solution for analysis of the annular functionally graded sandwich plates. Various edge conditions are considered for the inner and outer edges. A parametric study including evaluating effects of the material properties distributions of the core and face sheets, symmetric and asymmetric layups, thickness to radius ratio of the plate, inner to outer radius ratio, coefficient of the elastic foundation, and the edge conditions on vibration behavior of the annular plate is carried out. Accuracy of the employed sandwich plate theory and the presented analytical solution are verified by comparing present results with those of the three-dimensional theory of elasticity extracted from ABAQUS software.
Bibliogr. 37 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
-  J. So, A.W. Leissa, Three dimensional vibrations of thick circular and annular plates, Journal of Soundand Vibration 209 (1998) 15–41.
-  A. Selmane, A.A. Lakis, Natura frequencies of transverse vibration of non-uniform circular and annular plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration 220 (1999) 225–249.
-  H.J. Dingand, R.Q. Xu, Free axisymmetric vibration of laminated transversely isotropic annular plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration 350 (2000) 1031–1044.
-  W.H. Duana, S.T. Queka, Q. Wang, Generalized hypergeometric function solutions for transverse vibration of a class of non-uniform annular plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration 287 (2005) 785–807.
-  C.C. Lin, C.S. Tseng, Free vibration of polar orthotropic laminated circular and annular plates, Journal of Sound and Vibration 209 (1998) 797–810.
-  E. Romanelli, R.E. Rossi, P.A.A. Laura, R.H. Gutierrez, Transverse vibration of a circular annular plate with an intermediate circular support an a free inner edge, Journal of Sound and Vibration 212 (1998) 564–571.
-  D. Zhou, F.T.K. Au, Y.K. Cheung, S.H. Lo, Three-dimensional vibration analysis of circular and annular plates via the Chebyshev–Ritz method, International Journal of Solids and Structures 40 (2003) 3089–3105.
-  C.Y. Dong, Three-dimensional free vibration analysis of functionally graded annular plates using the Chebyshev– Ritz method, Materials & Design 29 (2008) 1518–1525.
-  K.M. Liew, B. Yang, Elasticity solutions for free vibrations of annular plates from three-dimensional analysis, Journal of Sound and Vibration 37 (2000) 7689–7702.
-  Sh. Hosseini Hashemi, H. Hokni Damavandi Taher, M. Omidi, 3-D free vibration analysis of annular plates on Pasternak elastic foundation via p-Ritz method, Journal of Sound and Vibration 311 (2008) 1114–1140.
-  H. Rokni Damavandi Taher, M. Omidi, A.A. Zadpoor, A.A. Nikooyan, Free vibration of circular and annular plates with variable thicknessanddifferent combinations of boundary conditions, Journal of Soundand Vibration 96 (2006) 1084–1092.
-  S. Kukl, M. zewczyk, Frequency analysis of annular plates with elastic concentric upports by Green’s function method, Journal of Sound and Vibration 300 (2007) 387–393.
-  G. Nie, Z. Zhong, Dynamic analysis of multi-directional functionally graded annular plates, Applied Mathematical Modelling 34 (2010) 608–616.
-  D. Lee, A.M. Waas, B.H. Karnopp, Analysis of a rotating multi-layer annular plate modeled via layerwise zig-zag theory: free vibration and transient analysis, Computers & Structures 66 (1998) 313–335.
-  H.S. Yalcin, A. Arikoglu, I. Ozkol, Free vibration analysis of circular plates by differential transformation method, Applied Mathematics & Computations 212 (2009) 377–386.
-  M.M. Alipour, M. Shariyat, Semi-analytical buckling analysis of heterogeneous variable thickness viscoelastic circular plates on elastic foundations, Mechanics Research Communications 38 2011) 594–601.
-  M.M. Alipour, M. Shariyat, Asemi-analytical solution for buckling analysis of variable thickness two-directional functionally graded circular plates with non-uniform elastic foundations, Journal of Engineering Mechanics 139 (2013) 664–676.
-  M.M. Alipour, M. Shariyat, An elasticity-equilibrium-based zigzag theory for axisymmetric bending and stress analysis of the functionally graded circular sandwich plates, using a Maclaur in-type series solution, European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids 34 (2012) 78–101.
-  M.M. Alipour, M. Shariyat, Stress analysis of two-directional FGM moderately thick constrained circular plates with non- uniform load and substrate stiffness distributions, Journal of Solid Mechanics 2 (2010) 316–331.
-  M. Shariyat, M.M. Alipour, Differential transform vibration and modal stress analyses of circular plates made of two- directional functionally graded materials resting on elastic foundations, Archive of Applied Mechanics 81 (2011) 1289–1306.
-  M. Shariyat, M.M. Alipour, A power series solution for vibration and complex modal stress analyses of variable thickness viscoelastic two-directional FGM circular plate son elastic foundations, Applied Mathematical Modelling 37 (2013) 3063–3076.
-  P. Malekzadeh, A. Afsari, P. Zahedinejad, R. Bahadori, Three-dimensional layer wise-finite element free vibration analysis of thick laminated annularplates on elastic foundation, Applied Mathematical Modelling 34 (2010) 776–790.
-  C.Y. Wang, Fundamental frequency of a circular plate supported by a partial elastic foundation, Journal of Sound and Vibration 285 (2005) 1203–1209.
-  D. Zhou, S.H. Lo, F.T.K. Au, Y.K. Cheung, Three-dimensional free vibration of thick circular plate son Pasternak foundation, Journal of Sound and Vibration 292 (2006) 726–741.
-  Z. Celep, K. Güler, Axisymmetric forced vibrations of an elastic free circular on a tensionless two parameter foundation, Journal of Sound and Vibration 301 (2007) 495–509.
-  Sh. Hosseini-Hashemi, H. Rokni Damavandi Taher, H. Akhavan, Vibration of radially FGM sectorial plates of variable thickness on elastic foundations, Composite Structures 92 (2010) 1734–1743.
-  G. Karami, P. Malekzadeh, S.A. Shahpari, ADQEM for vibration of sheare deformable non uniform beams with general boundary conditions, Engineering Structures 25 (2003) 1169–1178.
-  S.W. Choi, T.S. Jang, Existence and uniqueness of nonlinear deflections of an infinite beam resting on an on-uniform nonlinear elastic foundation, Boundary Value Problems 2012:5 (2012).
-  T.S. Jang, H.G. Sung, Anew semi-analytical method for the non-linear static analysis of an infinite beam on an on-linear elastic foundation: a general approach to avariable beam cross-section, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics 47 (2012) 132–139.
-  Y.H. Kuot, S.Y. LEE, Deflection of non uniform beams resting on an on linear elastic foundation, Computers & Structures 51 (1994) 513–519.
-  Y. MO, L. OU, Z. Hongzhi, Vibration analysis of Timoshenko beams on an on linear elastic foundation, TSINGHUA Science and Technology 14 (2009) 322–326.
-  H.-S. Shen, Post buckling analysis of orthotropic rectangular plates on nonlinear elastic foundations, Engineering Structures 17 (1995) (1995) 407–412.
-  H.-S. Shen, Post buckling of shear deformable laminated plates under biaxial compression and lateral pressure and resting on Elastic foundations, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences 42 (2000) 1171–1195.
-  R.-D. Chien, C.-S. Chen, Nonlinear vibration of laminated plates on an on linear elastic foundation, Composite Structures 70 (2005) 90–99.
-  P. Malekzadeh, A.R. Setoodeh, Largede formation analysis of moderately thick laminated plates on non linear elastic foundations by DQM, Composite Structures 80 (2007) 569–579.
-  H.-J. Ding, W. Chen, L.C. Zhang, Elasticity of Transversely Isotropic Materials, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2006.
-  M. Chajes, M. Santare, O.M. Back Jr.(Eds.), University of Delaware, 2008.