Techniki i metody wyodrębniania, rozdzielania i oznaczania frakcji asfaltenowej w rafineryjnych strumieniach procesowych
Treść / Zawartość
Techniques and methods of isolation, separation and quantification of asphaltene fraction in refinery process streams
W pracy przedstawiono metodyki izolacji frakcji asfaltenowej z rafineryjnych strumieni procesowych w tym ropy naftowej, olei i asfaltów w skali analitycznej i preparatywnej. Uwzględniono podstawowe zależności pomiędzy właściwościami otrzymanej frakcji, a ciśnieniem, temperaturą, proporcją oraz rodzajem czynnika precypitującego, a także czasem i temperaturą kontaktu oraz techniką oczyszczania powstałego osadu. Dodatkowo opisano techniki pozwalające na dalsze rozdzielenie wydzielonej frakcji oraz przedstawiono sposoby badania zawartości asfaltenów w surowcu i produktach jego przeróbki.
The paper presents methods of isolation of asphaltene fraction from refinery process streams especially from crude oil, oils and bitumen in analytical and preparative scale. The relationship between the properties of the obtained fraction, pressure, temperature, proportion and type of precipitating agent, time and contact temperature and the solid asphaltenes purification techniques are described in details. Additionally the techniques used for further separation of asphalthenes into subsequent fractions are discussed as well as methods used for quantitative analysis of asphaltenes content in the feedstock and products of its processing.
Bibliogr. 68 poz., tab.
-  J. G. Speight, "Chemical composition," in The chemistry and technology of petroleum, 3rd edition, Nowy Jork, Marcel Dekker, 1999, pp. 187-243.
-  K. H. Altgelt and M. M. Boduszynski, "Structural group characterization of heavy petroleum fractions," in Composition and analysis of heavy petroleum fractions, Nowy Jork, Marcel Dekker, 1994, pp. 159-199.
-  O. C. Mullins, "The modified Yen model," Energy & Fuels, vol. 24, pp. 2179-2207, 2010.
-  J. G. Speight, "Petroleum asphaltenes part 1: Asphaltenes, resins and the structure of petroleum," Oil Gas Science Technology, vol. 59, pp. 467-477, 2004.
-  J. G. Speight, "The chemical and physical structure of petroleum: effects on recovery operations," Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 22, pp. 3-15, 1999.
-  M. L. Greenfield and D. D. Li, "Chemical compositions of improved model asphalt systems for molecular simulations," Fuel, vol. 115, pp. 347-356, 2014.
-  F. S. Rostler and H. W. Sternberg, "Compounding rubber with petroleum products, correlation of chemical characteristics with compounding properties and analysis of petroleum products used as compounding ingredients in rubber," Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 41, pp. 598-608, 1949.
-  F. Kumata and H. Seki, "Deactivation of hydrodesulfurization catalysts for resids: Effect of hydrodemetallization operation conditions," Studies in Surface Science and Catalysis, vol. 126, pp. 357-364, 1999.
-  H. D. Dettman, J. P. Jahnke, R. K. Prud'home and J. F. Tinsley, "Waxy gels with asphaltenes 1: characterization of precipitation, gelation, yield stress, and morphology," Energy & Fuels, vol. 23, pp. 2056-2064, 2009.
-  J. F. Rovani, M. M. Sanderson and J. F. Schabron, "Pavement performance and prediztion symposium," in Optimized asphaltene determinator and waxphaltene determinator separations for rapid characterization of asphalt binders, Laramie, 2010.
-  ASTM D 2007 Standard test method for characteristic groups in rubber extender and processing oils and other petroleum-derived oils by the clay-gel absorption chromatographic method, 2003.
-  ASTM D 4124 Standerd test methods for separation of asphalt into four fractions, 2001.
-  ASTM D 6560 Standard test method for determination of asphaltenes (heptane insolubles) in crude petroleum and petroleum products, 2000.
-  ASTM D 893 Standard test method for insolubles in used lubricating oils, 2002.
-  J. Marcusson, "Zur unterscheidung von natur und kunst asphalt," Zeitschrift für Angewandte Chemie, vol. 29, pp. 21-25, 1916.
-  J. Ancheyta, G. Centeno, J. A. Garcia, G. Morroquin, E. Tenorio, A. Torres and F. Trejo, "Extraction and characterization of asphaltenes from different crude oils and solvents," Energy & Fuels, vol. 16, pp. 1121-1127, 2002.
-  O. G. Strieter, "Method for determining the components of asphalts and crude oils," Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, vol. 26, pp. 415-418, 1941.
-  G. O'Donnell, "Separating asphalt into its chemical constituents," Analytical Chemistry, vol. 23, pp. 894-898, 1951.
-  L. R. Kleinschmidt, "Chromatographic method for the fractionation of asphalt into distinctive groups of components," Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards , vol. 54, pp. 163-166, 1955.
-  E. Buenrestro-Gonzalez, H. Groenzin, C. Lira-Galeana and O. C. Mullins, "The overriding chemical principles that define asphaltenes," Energy & Fuels, vol. 15, pp. 972-978, 2001.
-  E. Hong and P. Watkinson, "A study of asphaltene solubility and precipitation," Fuel, vol. 83, pp. 1881-1887, 2004.
-  S. I. Andersen, A. Keul and E. Stenby, "Variation in composition of subfractions of petroleum asphaltenes," Petroleum Science and Technology , vol. 15, pp. 611-645, 1997.
-  E. Buenrostro-Gonzalez, A. Gil-Villegas, C. Lira-Galena and J. Wu, "Asphaltene precipitation in crude oils: Theory and experiments," American Institute of Chemical Engineers Journal, vol. 50, pp. 2552-2570, 2004.
-  M. Fossen, H. Kallevik, K. D. Knudsen and J. Sjoblom, "Asphaltenes precipitated by two-step precipitation procedure. 1. Interfacial tension and solvent properties," Energy & Fuels, vol. 21, pp. 1030-1037, 2007.
-  B. Dabir, M. Nematy, A. R. Mehrabi, H. Rassamdana and M. Sahimi, "Asphalt flocculation and deposition III. The molecular weight distribution," Fuel, vol. 75, pp. 1633-1645, 1996.
-  B. Dabir, M. Farhani, N. Nematy, H. Rassamdana and M. Sahimi, "Asphalt flocculation and deposition I. The onset of precipitation," American Institute of Chemical Engineers Journal, vol. 42, pp. 10-22, 1996.
-  S. D. Bhagot, S. Z. Erhan, C. D. Sharma and B. K. Sharma, "Maltenes and asphaltenes of petroleum vacum residues: physico-chemical characterization," Petroleum Science and Technology, vol. 25, pp. 93-104, 2007.
-  G. A. Mansoori, M. Shariaty-Niassa and D. Vazquez, "Polidispersity of heavy organics in crude oils and their role in oil well fouling," Journal of Petroleum Science ang Engineering, vol. 58, pp. 375-390, 2007.
-  G. A. Mansoori and D. Vazquez, "Identification and measurement of petroleum precipitates," Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, vol. 26, pp. 49-55, 2000.
-  G. Gonzalez, E. F. Lucas and M. A. Sousa, "Asphaltenes precipitation from crude oil and hydrocarbon media," Energy & Fuels, vol. 20, pp. 2544-2551, 2006.
-  Y. Gu, P. Luo and X. Wang, "Characterization of asphaltenes precipitated with three light alkanes under different experimental conditions," Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 291, pp. 103-110, 2010.
-  S. Acevedo, I. Layrisse, B. Mendez, H. Rivas and A. Rojas, "Asphaltenes and resins from the Orinoco basin," Fuel, vol. 64, pp. 1741-1747, 1985.
-  K. Akbarzadeh, H. Alboudwarej, J. Beck, W. Y. Svrcek and H. W. Yarranton, "Regular solution model for asphaltene precipitation from bitumens and solvents," American Institute of Chemical Engineers Journal, vol. 49, pp. 2948-2956, 2003.
-  K. Akbarzadeh, H. Alboudwarej, J. Beck, W. Y. Svrcek and H. W. Yarranton, "Sensitivity of asphaltene properties to separation techniques," Energ Fuel, vol. 16, pp. 462-469, 2002.
-  S. Acevedo, A. Amorin, G. Escobar, J. Pinnate and M. A. Ranaudo, "Observations about the structure and dispersion of petroleum asphaltenes aggregates obtained from dialysis fractionation and characterization," Energy & Fuels, vol. 11, pp. 774-778, 1997.
-  R. B. Fisher, J. E. Hunt, J. T. Miller, P. Thiyagarajan and R. E. Winans, "Subfractionation and characterization of Mayan asphaltene," Energy & Fuels, vol. 12, pp. 1290-1298, 1998.
-  R. Alvarez, J. N. Bolanos, J. Douda and M. E. Llanos, "Structure of maya asphaltene-resin complexes through the analysis of soxhlet extracted fractions," Energy & Fuels, vol. 18, pp. 736-742, 2004.
-  L. A. Alcazar-Vara, E. Buenrostro-Gonzalez and J. A. Garcia-Martinez, "Effect of asphaltenes on equilibrium and rheological properties of waxy model systems," Fuel, vol. 93, pp. 200-212, 2012.
-  M. Barcenas, E. Buenrostro-Gonzalez, Y. Duda, P. Orea and L. S. Zamudio-Rivera, "Study of medium effect on asphaltene agglomeration inhibitor efficiency," Energy & Fuels, vol. 22, pp. 1917-1922, 2008.
-  P. Fotland, E. Gilje, H. Hoiland and O. Bjoroy, "Asphaltene precipitation from athabasca bitumen using an aromatic diluent: A composition to standard n-alkane liquid precipitants at different temperatures," Energy & Fuels, vol. 26, pp. 2648-2654, 2012.
-  R. L. Hubbard and K. E. Stanfield, "Determination of asphaltebes, oils, and resins in asphalt," Analytical Chemistry, vol. 20, pp. 460-465, 1948.
-  D. L. Mitchell and J. G. Speight, "The solubility of asphaltenes in hydrocarbon solvents," Fuel, vol. 52, pp. 149-152, 1973.
-  R. Altoe, L. C. M. Cirilo, G. Gonzalez, H. E. Lopes, E. F. Lucas, M. C. K. de Oliveira and C. Teixeira, "Solution behavior of asphaltic residues and deasphalted oil prepared by extraction of heavy oil," Colloid Surface A, vol. 445, pp. 59-66, 2014.
-  J. Bermejo, M. Granda, R. Menendez and J. M. D. Tascon, "Comparative analysis of pitches by extrography and thermal analysis techniques," Carbon, vol. 32, pp. 1001-1010, 1994.
-  J. Czarnecki, T. Dabros, J. Sjoblom, P. Tchoukov, Z. Xu and F. Yang, "Role of asphaltenes in stabilizing thin liquid emulsion films," Langmuir, vol. 30, pp. 3024-3033, 2014.
-  C. W. Anglea, H. Hamza, Y. Long and L. Lue, "Precipitation of asphaltenes from solvent-diluted heavy oil and thermodynamic properties of solvent-diluted heavy oil solutions," Fuel, vol. 85, pp. 492-506, 2006.
-  J. Ancheyta, G. Centeno and F. Trejo, "Precipitation, fractionation and characterization of asphaltenes from heavy and light crude oils," Fuel, vol. 83, pp. 2169-2175, 2004.
-  S. Fogler, V. Nalwaya, P. Piumsomboon and V. Tantayakom, "Studies on asphaltenes through analysis of polar fractions," Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 38, pp. 964-972, 1999.
-  G. Que, H. Shan, C. Yang and L. Zhang, "Dipole moment variation af a petroleum residue during catalytic and thermal upgrading," Energy & Fuels, vol. 23, pp. 2086-2089, 2009.
-  S. I. Andersen, E. Buenrostro-Gonzalez, J. A. Garcia-Martinez and C. Lira-Galeana, "Solubility/molecular structure relationship of asphaltenes in polar and nonpolar media," Energy & Fuels, vol. 16, pp. 732-741, 2002.
-  D. M. Barrera, D. P. Ortiz and H. W. Yarranton, "Molecular weight and density distributions of asphaltenes from crude oils," Energy & Fuels, vol. 27, pp. 2474-2487, 2013.
-  K. L. Gawrys, P. K. Kilpatrick and P. Matthew Spiecker, "Aggregation and solubility behavior of asphaltenes and their subfractions," Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 267, pp. 178-193, 2003.
-  A. Furuta, M. Imamura, S. Suhara and M. Tojima, "Effect of heavy asphaltene on stability of residual oil," Catalysis Today, vol. 43, pp. 347-351, 1998.
-  L. Li, Y. Li, J. Wang, C. Yang, G. Yang and L. Zhang, "Study on the polarity, solubility, and stacking characteristics of asphaltenes," Fuel, vol. 128, pp. 366-372, 2014.
-  A. Boukir, P. Doumenq, M. Guiliano and G. Mille, "Supercritical fluid extraction of bal 150 crude oil asphaltenes," Energy & Fuels, vol. 14, pp. 89-94, 2000.
-  J. Bermejo, M. Granda, R. Menendez and S. R. Moinelo, "Application of extrography for characterization of coal tar and petroleum pitches," Fuel, vol. 69, pp. 702-705, 1990.
-  R. H. Filby and F. S. Jacobs, "Liquid chromatographic fractionation of oil-sand and crude oil asphaltenes," Fuel, vol. 62, pp. 1186-1192, 1983.
-  T. Miao, E. Rogel, M. Roye and J. Vien, "Comparing asphaltenes: Deposit versus crude oil," Fuel, vol. 147, pp. 155-160, 2015.
-  G. P. Blumer, H. W. Kleffner, W. Lucke and M. Zander, "Fractionation of coal-tar pitch by extrography," Fuel, vol. 59, pp. 600-602, 1980.
-  J. F. Rovani Jr, M. M. Sanderson and J. F. Schabron, "Asphaltene determination method for automated on-column precipitation and redissolution of pericondensed aromatic asphaltene components," Energy & Fuels, vol. 24, pp. 5984-5996, 2010.
-  E. Gilgenast, M. Kaminski and R. Kartanowicz, "Group-type analysis of middle distillates by test metod IP-391/ EN-12916/ ASTM D 6379 in terms of resolution and selectivity of chromatographic columns," Chemia Analityczna, vol. 52, pp. 265-280, 2007.
-  N. Aske, H. Kallevik and J. Sjoblom, "Determination of saturate, aromatic, resin, and, asphaltenic (SARA) components in crude oils by means of infrared and near-infrared spectroscopy," Energy & Fuels, vol. 15, pp. 1304-1312, 2001.
-  E. Buenrostro-Gonzalez, C. A. Islas-Flores and C. Lira-Galeana, "Comparisons between open column chromatography and HPLC SARA fractionations in petroleum," Energy & Fuels, vol. 19, pp. 2080-2088, 2005.
-  T. Górecki, J. Gudebska, M. Kamiński and R. Kartanowicz, "Optimized conditions for hydrocarbon group type analysis of base oils by thin-layer chrimatography-flame ionization detection," Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 991, pp. 255-266, 2003.
-  A. F. Nikolaides, Bituminous miztures and pavemants VI, Londyn: Taylor & Francis, 2015. 16 Vol. 7, No 1/2015 Camera Separatoria
-  M. K. Sharma and T. F. Yen, Asphaltene particles in fossil fuel exploration, recovery, refining, and production processes, Nowy Jork: Plenum Press, 1994.
-  PN-EN 12916, Przetwory naftowe- Oznaczanie grup węglowodorów aromatycznych w średnich destylatach- Metoda wysokosprawnej chromatografii cieczowej z detektorem współczynnika załamania światła, 2008.
-  C. Jiang, S. R. Larter, K. J. Noke and L. R. Snowdon, "TLC-FID (latroscan) analysis of heavy oil tar sand samples," Organic Geochemistry, vol. 39, pp. 1210-1214, 2008.