Kansei ergonomics analysis of an ecological river landscape design using the Rough Set Model
River construction has the roles of control of smooth water flow, facilitation of a good environment for living things (animals and plants), and also the provision of healing and comfort effectiveness for people. We can apply Kansei Engineering to designing river landscapes to construct a natural environment for a river with the above-mentioned roles. It utilizes multivariate analysis to be applied to human evaluation to find design elements, but in this paper, we apply Nishino’s rough set model to the human evaluation data. The concern of this paper is to apply Kansei engineering to river landsca¬pe design, and to compare the data analyzed by multivariate analysis and by the rough set model. We obtained two factors through Factor Analysis: the first factor consisting of “beautiful”, “healing”, “good landscape” etc., and the second factor consisting of “natural”, “harmony with nature”, “good environment for living things” etc. We selected two Kansei words from the two factors obtained, “beautiful” and “good environment for living things”, and analysed these Kansei words using Quantification Theory 1 and the rough set model. We obtained very similar results for the design elements, but we learned from the lower approximation that combinations of design elements are more effective for designing.
- Ichitsubo M, Nishino T, Nagamachi M, 2001, An application of kansei engineering to public works. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference, on Engineering Design and Automation, 846-851.
- Ichitsubo M, Imada H, Namgung M, Nishino T, Nagamachi M, 2002, Development of the com¬puter system of road safety audit in kansei engineering. Proceedings of the 6th CHI¬NA-JAPAN International Symposium on Industrial Management, 663-668.
- Ichitsubo M, Yamada H, Maruoka H, Ishihara S, Ishihara K, Nishino T, Nagamachi M, 2003, A study on the visual evaluation of changes in bridge structure. Proceedings of the IEA 2003, Vol.3, 523-526.
- Ichitsubo M, Imada H, Nagamachi M, 2004, A study on a regional planning of the river area. Proceedings of the 7th CHINA-JAPAN International Symposium on Industrial Manage¬ment, 422—427.
- Ichitsubo M, Horiguchi I, Nagamachi M, 2005, A study on the evaluation of structure dama¬ges for the visual inspection. Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Ac¬tive Media Technology, 455—460.
- Ichitsubo M, Kitagawa T, Nishikawa S and Nagamachi M, 2006, Evaluation of human kansei to river landscape for ecological design. Proceedings of The International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Systems. Allied Publishers Private Limited, 542-549.
- Nagamachi M, 1995, Kansei Engineering Story. Japanese Standards Association.
- Nishino T, Nagamachi M, Takebayashi S, Ishihara S, Ichitsubo M, Komatsu K, Nakano S, 1998, Development of naming support system in fudo technology. Proceedings of the 4th Chi¬na-Japan International Symposium on Industrial Management, 418-423.
Rekord w opracowaniu