Reproductive features of roach, bream and common carp of Zaporozhian (Dnipro) Reservoir in contemporary environmental conditions
Treść / Zawartość
Over the past 50 years, the complete histological study of carp fish gonads was first carried out at Zaporozhian Reservoir. In conditions of environmental transformation of the reservoir the regularities of oogenesis and gonadogenesis, passing sexual cycles were found and the ecology of spawning carp fish was investigated. The adaptive potential of the carp fish reproductive systems, which is expressed through the asynchrony of reproductive products development as well as the functional peculiarities of the fish spawning process, was brought to light. Both environmental assessment and faunal analysis of biodiversity and distribution of young fish of Zaporozhian Reservoir were carried out. The growth and development of the fish larvae dwelling within the industrial agglomerations of Dnipropetrovsk city are found to be under anthropogenic influence. The efficiency of the use of artificial spawning nests for the carp fish spawning was studied, and practical recommendations for their installation and operation in the waters of the reservoir were elaborated.
- Department of General Biology and Water Bioresources, Faculty of Biology, Ecology and Medicine, Oles Honchar Dnipropetrovsk National University, P.M.B. 49050, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
-  V. D. Romanenko, S. A. Afanasiev, V. B. Petukhov et al., Effects of fishery on biological diversity within the Dnieper river basin. Definition of gaps and problems, Kiev, Ukraine, 2003.
-  I. Yu. Busevich, Status and prospects of using the commercial ichthyofauna of large plain reservoirs of Ukraine: Author's abstract of thesis for a doctor's degree in biology, Kiev, Ukraine, 2012.
-  O. V. Fedonenko, Influence of anthropogenic factors on the condition of commercial fish fauna of Zaporozhian Reservoir: Author's abstract of thesis for a doctor's degree in ecology, Odessa, Ukraine, 2010.
-  O. V. Fedonenko, N. B. Esipova, T. S. Sharamok et al., Modern problems in hydroecology: Zaporozhian Reservoir, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine, 2012.
-  M. M. Shykhshabekov, E. V. Fedonenko, O. N. Marenkov, N. M. Abdullaeva, N. I. Rabazanov, Adaptive potential and functional features of reproductive systems of fish in environmentally transformed reservoirs, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine, 2014.
-  L. B. Reinhard, T. N. Zabud’ko-Reinhard, T. K. Trudova, Comparative characteristics of the year gonad development cycle of the basic commercial fish of the Lenin lake. Procs. Of conclud. conf. of DGU, Dnepropetrovsk, USSR, 1961, 51–52.
-  V. I. Vladimirov, L. G. Sukhoyvan, C. S. Bugay, Reproduction of fish in conditions of overregulated runoff of rivers, Kiev, USSR, 1963.
-  L. V. Chepurnova, Functional changes of gametogenesis and sexual cycle in semi-anadromous fish of Dniester at abusing conditions of migration and spawning: Author's abstract of thesis for cand. degree in biol. sci., Leningrad, USSR, 1964.
-  O. V. Fedonenko, T. S. Sharamok, Environmental assessment of key areas of Zaporozhian Reservoir fisheris (Ukraine), Ecological Bulletin of the North Caucasus. 11 (2015) 45–50.
-  O. M. Arsan, O. A. Davydov, T. A. Dyachenko et al., Methods of hydroecological investigation of surface waters, Kiev, Ukraine, 2006.
-  S. P. Ozinkovska, V. M. Yerko, G. D. Kokhanova et al., Technique of collecting and processing of ichthyological and hydrobiological materials with the aim to determine the limits of commercial fishing regarding large reservoirs and limans of Ukraine, Kiev, Ukraine, 1998.
-  I. F. Pravdin, Guide for studying fish (predominantly fresh-water). Moscow, USSR, 1966.
-  V. L. Bryuzgyn, Methods of fish growth study by scale and otoliths, Kiev, USSR, 1969.
-  I. I. Chugunova, Guide for studying age and growth of fish (Methodical manual on ichthyology), Moscow, USSR, 1959.
-  I. I. Grytsynyak et al., Device VVR-1 for determining the fish age, Patent of Ukraine № u201404128. 10.09.2014.
-  I. I. Grytsynyak et al., Method of determining the fish age, Patent of Ukraine № u201404127. 10.27.2014.
-  Ashwini G. Ghanbahadur, Girish R. Ghanbahadur, Study of gonadosomatic index of fresh water fish Cyprinus carpio, DAMA International. 1 (2012) 32–33.
-  A.F. Koblitskaya, The determinant of freshwater fish juvenile, 2nd ed., Moscow, USSR, 1981.
-  G. V. Nikolskiy, Ecology of fish, Moscow, USSR, 1963.
-  G. V. Nikolskiy, Particular ichthyology, Moscow, USSR, 1971.
-  G. V. Nikolskiy, About biological specificity of faunistic complexes and significance of its analysis for zoogeography, Zool. J. 3 (1947) 221–232.
-  G. V. Nikolskiy, Species structure and regularities offish variability, Moscow, USSR, 1980.
-  Yu. A. Pesenko Principles and methods of quantified analysis in faunistic investigations, Moscow, USSR, 1982.
-  A. P. Petlina, V. I. Romanov, Study of fresh-water fish juveniles of Siberia, Tomsk, 2004.
-  E.C. Pielou Mathematical Ecology, New York, 1977.
-  E. Magarran, Ecological diversity and its evaluation, Moscow, 1992.
-  F. D. Mordukhay-Boltovskoy, Methodology for studying biogeocenosis of inland water bodies, Moscow, USSR, 1975.
-  E. V. Mikodina, M. A. Sedova, D. A. Chmilevskiy, A. E. Mikulin, S. V. Pianova, O.G. Poluektova, Histology for ichthyologists: Experience and recommendations, Moscow, 2009.
-  S. Mumford, J. Heidel, C. Smith, J. Morrison, B. Macconnell, V. Blazer, Fish Histology and Histopathology, 4th Edition, US Fish & Wildlife Service, West Virginia, 2007.
-  P. V. Tyurin, Theoretical grounds of rational regulation of fishery, Leningrad, USSR, 1973.
-  G. O. Kotovska, D. S. Khristenko, Conditions and efficiency of reproduction of the major commercial fish species of Kremenchug reservoir, Kiev, Ukraine, 2010.
- DOI References
-  E.C. Pielou Mathematical Ecology, New York, (1977). 10.1002/bimj.4710200616