The Greenhouse Of The Palace Okocim Near Brzesko
Treść / Zawartość
Der Wintergarten im Schloss Okocim bei Brzesko
The neobaroque palace of Okocim, placed in the distance of 60 km from Kraków, was extended about 1909 by a east wing according to the plans made by the viennese architect Leopold Simony (1859-1929). Other viennese architect, Carl Gustav Swensson (1861-1910) added to it a greenhouse-orangerie, original projects for which were found in autumn 2004 in Vienna. The fundator of that rebuilding was Johann Albin Freiherr Götz von Okocim (1864-1931). In the years 1898-1900 the family Götz from Okocim ordered in the viennese Atellier of Fellner & Helmer a splendid neobaroque palace. Carl Gustav Swensson, the creator of the greenhouse in Okocim was born on 15. 06. 1861 in Jönköping in the swedish province Smaland as the son of gardener Anders Gustaf Swensson (1833-1911) and Ulrika Jonasdotter (1835-1904). As an architect he was active in Würzburg (Kingdom of Bayern) and from 1887 in Vienna. In the city district of Währing he was responsible for the arrangement of one part of Türkenschanzpark, which was opened on 30. 09. 1888. Swensson was regarded as the first garden architect of Vienna. He was working in the viennese villa-areas of Döbling, Währing und Dornbach (villas of Josef Robert Hardy, Carl Angerer, J. Weinberger, Bernhard Popper and Josef Eisler von Terramare). Carl Gustav Swensson made two alternative projects for the greenhouse of the Okocim palace. The executed version is preserved in quite good condition - artificial cave architecture, side stairs, a pond with a fountain and even Art-Nouveau wall well on the outside of the greenhouse. The greenhouse ensemble in the palace of Okocim is an important example of european garden architecture of the beginnings of 20th century and because oft hat should be renovated and brought to the previous condition.
CEJSH db identifier