Undergraduate Studies in Physical Education in Students' Opinion
Introduction. The aim of this study was to assess the effects of the undergraduate studies in physical education at the Academy of Physical Education and Sport (APE&S) in Gdańsk and Faculty of Physical Education and Sport (FPE&S) in Biała Podlaska of the Warsaw University of Physical Education (UPE). Material and methods. The study included a total of 247 last semester students of full-time education course. The paper uses a method of diagnostic survey with auditorium questionnaire technique. Referring to the provisions of the Bologna Declaration on the implementation of two-degree studies and based on students' opinions, research was conducted in form of comparative studies. Evaluation included circumstances of the choice of study, conditions of study, expectations of respondents to the education and degree of their implementation. Results. Subjects taking physical education studies are mainly motivated by interests. They hoped to gain knowledge and skills for further education and professional competence. They highly appreciated the degree of fulfilment of expectations in this regard. Conclusions. There was a large convergence of views presented by students of both universities on the education process and its outcomes.
- Kraśniewski, A. (2004). The Bologna Process: where is the European Higher Education Heading? Warszawa: MEN. [in Polish]
- Kozioł, L. (2001). System quality assurance in personnel training in the field of tourism and recreation. Zeszyty Naukowe AWF Kraków 81, 29-40. [in Polish]
- Charlier, J., Charlier E. & Croché S. (2007). The Bologna Process: The outcome of competition between Europe and the United States and a stimulus to this competition. European Education 39(4), 10-26.
- Gvaramadze, I. (2008). From quality assurance to quality enhancement in the European Higher Education Area. Eur. J. Educ. 43(4), 443-455.
- Kehm, B. (2010). Quality in European Higher Education: The influence of the Bologna Process. Change 42(3), 40-46.
- Wójcicka, M. (2009). Changes in higher education with the Bologna process in the background. Przegląd Socjologiczny 3, 9-30. [in Polish]
- Chełmecki, B. (2007). Training of personnel for the purpose of physical education from the perspective of the Bologna process. In J. Nowocień (Ed.), Socio-Educational view of contemporary sport and olympism. Patriotic Education through sport (pp. 180-185). Warszawa: PAOL, Fundacja Centrum Edukacji Olimpijskiej. [in Polish]
- Oczachowska, A. (2006). Reasons for selection of the school of economics by the students. In G. Nowaczyk & P. Lisiecki (Eds.), Marketing management of higher education institution (pp. 165-173). Poznań: Wyd. Wyższej Szkoły Bankowej w Poznaniu. [in Polish]
- Kobylarek, A. (2003). University courses vs. labour market demands of the transformation of society. Nauka i Szkolnictwo Wyższe 21(1), 40-62. [in Polish]
- Maszczak, T. (2001). Training of physical education teachers in the context of educational change. In J. Ślężyński (Ed.), Effects of training and education in physical culture (pp. 9-14). Katowice: AWF Katowice. [in Polish]
- Buchta, K. & Lisicki T. (2008). Employment status of students of physical education academy. In T. Lisicki & T. Frołowicz (Eds.), Physical education teacher vs. the education challenges (pp. 19-29). Gdańsk: AWFiS Gdańsk. [in Polish]
- Buchta, K. (2010). Graduate of the university of physical education in the labor market - start to professional career. Pol. J. Sport Tourism 17(1), 46-51.
- Jaworski, Z. (2002). The development of physical education and employment opportunities of graduates in education. Physical and Health Education. Wychowanie Fizyczne i Zdrowotne 5, 20-23. [in Polish]
- Lisicki, T. (2003). Professional Fate of Graduates of the Academy of Physical Education and Sport in Gdansk. Gdańsk: AWFiS Gdańsk. [in Polish]
- Cieśliński, R. (2009). University education quality system - assumptions vs. practice in the context of the Bologna Process. Pol. J. Sport Tourism 16(3), 135-142.
- Chmielecka, E. (2005). Two stages and directional structure of studies in Poland. How to loosen the corset? In J. Dietl & Z. Sapijaszka (Eds.), Dilemmas of two-stage studies (pp. 57-74). Łódź: Fundacja Edukacyjna Przedsię-biorczości. [in Polish]
- Umiastowska, D. (2009). Physical education teacher of the XXI century - the realities and expectations. Rozprawy Naukowe AWF we Wrocławiu 28, 228-232. [in Polish]
- Osiński, W. (2001). Physical education teacher and his education vs. the challenges of the XXI century. Wychowanie Fizyczne i Zdrowotne 12, 19-23. [in Polish]
- Ważny, Z. (2002). Personnel training and the requirements of modern sport. Sport Wyczynowy 11-12, 85-93. [in Polish]
- Paśko, J. (2008). Training for fun or for needs. In B. Sitarska, R. Droba & K. Jankowski (Eds.), Educational dilemmas of modern man and the quality of teaching in higher education institution (pp. 293-297). Siedlce: Wydawnictwo Akademii Podlaskiej. [in Polish]