Environmental Impact Assessment of Biogas Stations in the Czech Republic
The article summarizes the authors' experience with environmental impact assessment in the branch of biogas plants. The introductory part of the paper describes the legislative obligations of the Czech Republic concerning the fulfilment of the European Union's limits as for the utilization of renewable energy resources. The next parts of the paper deal with an impact analysis of biogas plants on the environment. The final part of the paper deals with the experience concerning the implementation of the environmental impact assessment process in the field of biogas plants in the Czech Republic.
- Methodical directive No 12 of the Ministry of the Environment (Department of Atmosphere Protection), on the conditions of biogas station approvals before being put into operation. In: Bulletin of Ministry of the Environment, No 8, 2008, pp. 1-17.
- Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EC) 1774/2002, on animal by-products.
- Act No 185/2001 Coll., on waste (Czech Waste Act).
- Decree of the Czech Ministry of the Environment No 382/2001 Coll., on the conditions for treated sludge application in the agricultural land.
- Lapčík, V. (2009). Industrial Technologies and their Impact on Environment. (monograph). Ostrava, Czech Republic: VŠBTechnical University of Ostrava. FoMG. ISBN 978-80-248-2015-6. 362 p. (in Czech).
- Czech Government Decree No 146/2007 Coll., on emission limits and other conditions for an operation of stationary combustion sources of air pollution.
- Decree of the Czech Ministry of the Environment No 13/2009 Coll., on the determination of requirements for stationary source fuel quality as for the protection of the atmosphere.
- Bauer, F. (2007). Initial study - Biogas station Veřovice. Kemmelbach, Austria: Ing. Friedrich Bauer GmbH. 8 p.
- Lapčík, V. (2009). Notification according to Act No 100/2001 Coll., as amended, of project "Biogas station Kostice". Ostrava. 82 p.
- Decree No 341/2008 Coll., on details on biodegradable waste disposal.
- Pastorek, Z. (2008). Biogas - useful energy source or risky way of enterprise. Alternative Energy (magazine), No 3, pp. 26-28. (in Czech).
- Act No 100/2001 Coll., on environmental impact assessment and amending some acts (Act on Environmental Impact Assessment), as amended.