Reliability and Accuracy of Batak Lite Tests Used for Assessing Coordination Motor Abilities in Wrestlers
Introduction. The aim of this work was to assess selected validity criteria of motor tasks included in Batak Lite. The tasks are used to control coordination motor abilities in athletes of different sports. Material and methods. Twenty male Greco-Roman wrestlers from the sports school SMS in Radom were included in the study. They were 17-18 years of age and their training experience was 4-7.5 years long. The validity of motor tasks was determined on the basis of two criteria, i.e. reliability and diagnostic accuracy. To define the reliability of the tests, the research was carried out twice with an interval of 5-7-days (test-retest). Diagnostic accuracy of selected indices was determined with the help of three main criteria. The analysis included 6 motor tasks performed with the use of Batak Lite. Results. Tests I, II, IV and V are characterised by reliability coefficients higher than 0.50 and, regardless of the assumed accuracy criterion, by coefficients higher than 0.30. Thus, they meet the validity requirements within the assessed criteria. The highest accuracy coefficients were observed in motor tests assessing quick reaction (r = 0.46-0.63), simple reaction including sensory (r = 0.61-0.78), motor (r = 0.33-0.46) and complex (r = 0.34-0.49) reactions as well as spatio-temporal orientation (r = 0.33-0.49) and movement coupling (r = 0.34-0.49). Conclusions. Four Batak Lite tests displayed sufficient reliability and diagnostic accuracy. Therefore, they can be implemented in the training process of wrestlers. The strongest correlation was noted between Batak Lite tests and motor tests that assessed quick reaction, spatio-temporal orientation and movement coupling.
- 1. Hirtz P. (1985). Coordination abilities in sport school. Volk und Wissen. Berlin: Volks-seigener Verlag. [in German]
- 2. Kühn J. (1985). Research on improving the technical coordination of young wrestlers fight. Theorie und Praxis der Kör-perkultur 11, 848-854. [in German]
- 3. Starosta W., Tracewski J. (2000). Objective method of assessing the level of motor abilities in advanced wrestlers. Trening 1, 126-136. [in Polish]
- 4. Šulika Û.A. et al. (2004). Greco-Roman wrestling. Manual for
- 5. physical education and Olimpic sports students. Moscow: Feniks. [in Russian]
- 5. Sadowski J., Gierczuk D. (2009). Correlations between selected coordination motor abilities and technical skills of Greco-Roman wrestlers aged 14-15. Archives of Budo 5, 35-39.
- 6. Gierczuk D., Ljach W. (2012). Evaluating the coordination of motor abilities in Greco-Roman wrestlers by computer testing. Human Movement 13(4), 323-329.
- 7. Juras G., Waśkiewicz Z. (1998). Temporal, spatial and dynamic aspects of coordination motor abilities. Katowice: AWF Katowice. [in Polish]
- 8. Raczek J., Juras G., Waśkiewicz Z. (2001). The diagnosis of motor coordination. Journal of Human Kinetics 6, 113-125.
- 9. Klocek T., Spieszny M., Szczepanik M. (2002). Computer tests of coordination abilities. Warsaw: Centralny Ośrodek Sportu. [in Polish]
- 10. Sterkowicz S., Jaworski J. (2012). Validity of computer tests measuring selected coordination motor abilities. Wychowa-nie Fizyczne i Sport 56(1), 11-15. [in Polish]
- 11. Schuhfried G. (2001). Sport psychology. Sport test battery for diagnostics and training. Mödling: Dr. G. Schuhfried Ges. m. b. H.
- 12. Raczek J., Mynarski W., Ljach W. (2002). Developing and diagnosing coordination motor abilities. Katowice: AWF Katowice. [in Polish]
- 13. Todorov A.S. (1991). Control of coordinative training preparation of freestyle wrestlers. Doctoral thesis, GCOLIFK, Moscow. [in Russian]
- 14. Gierczuk D. (2008). Level of selected indicators of coordination motor abilities in Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestlers aged 13-14. Polish Journal of Sport and Tourism 15(4), 192-199.
- 15. Jutley R.S. (2003). Fit for motorsport: Improve your race performance with better physical and mental training. UK: Haynes Publishing.
- 16. www.batak.com. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- 17. Williams H.G. (1983). Perceptual and motor development. NJ: Englewood Cliffs.
- 18. Osiñski W. (2003). Anthropomotorics. Poznañ: AWF Poznañ. [in Polish]
- 19. Mynarski W. (2000). Internal structure of motor abilities of children and youth aged 8-18. Katowice: AWF Katowice. [in Polish]
- 20. Sadowski J., Gierczuk D., Ljach W. (2003). Reliability and diagnostic informativeness of sports and motor tests used for assessing coordination motor abilities in wrestling. Rocznik Naukowy ZWWF Biała Podlaska 10, 235-248. [in Polish]
- 21. Kalina R.M., Barczyñski B. (2000). From “physical fitness” through “motor competence” to the “possibility of action”. Archives of Budo 4, 106-109.
- 22. Bujak Z., Gierczuk D. (2013). Professional activities of an Olympic martial sports trainer. Physical Activity Review 1, 50-58.
- 23. Bujak Z., Gierczuk D., Litwiniuk S. (2013). Professional activities of a coach of martial arts and combat sports. Journal of Combat Sports and Martial Arts 4(2), 191-195.
- 24. Bujak Z., Muntean M.V., Gierczuk D. (2014). The hierarchy of professional activities of martial arts and mixed martial arts coaches. Ido Movement for Culture. Journal of Martiakl Arts and Anthropology 14(2), 29-35.
- 25. Sterkowicz S., Gracia J.M., Lerma F.S. (2007). The importance of judo trainer's professional activities. Archives of Budo 3, 57-61.
- 26. Lienert G.A. (1969). Construction and analysis of tests. Berlin: Verlag J. Beltz. [in German]
- 27. Meining D. (1975). Assessment of the reliability of sports-motor tests. Theorie und Praxis der Körperkultur 1, 51-56. [in German]
- 28. Godik M. (1988). Sport metrology. Physical education and sport, Moscow.
- 29. Gierczuk D., Bujak Z., Rowiñski J., Dmitriyev A. (2012). Selected coordination motor abilities in elite wrestlers and taekwon-do competitors. Polish Journal of Sport and Tourism 19(4), 230-239.
- 30. Wołkow N., Szijan W. (2000). Bioenergetic criteria of assessing special endurance of competitors of combat sports. In T. Gabryś, A. Kosmol (Eds.), Selected issues concerning the control of training process in professional sport (pp. 200-225). Warsaw: Alma-Press. [in Polish]
- 31. Ljach W., Witkowski Z. (2012). Metrological foundations of complex control in sport. Biała Podlaska: WWFiS. [in Polish]
- 32. Starosta W., Pawłowa T. (2011). Level of selected movement coordination abilities in different training periods in athletes of the Polish National Team of Traditional Karate. Journal of Combat Sports and Martial Arts 2(2), 95-101.
- 33. Starosta W., Rynkiewicz T. (2011). List of tests for evaluation of motor ability level of advanced classical style wrestlers. Journal of Combat Sports and Martial Arts 2(1), 31-34.