Evaluation of the Quality of Life of Children in Terms of Health as an Interdisciplinary Problem
The aim of the paper was to present the basic methodological approaches to studying the quality of life of patients with regard to interdisciplinary character of the concept, its interrelation with standard of living, specificity in children and teenagers. Studying the quality of life of children and teenagers has specific character. According to modern recommendations, it is the basis of complex estimation of state of health of the child. Two basic methodological approaches are used: the first consists in selection and analysis of factors, significant for health of teenagers from adult people point of view; the second provides research of factors, significant from the point of view of teenagers. Techniques unite two types of criteria: 1. the objective: physical activity, social functioning; 2. the subjective: factors of emotional status, self-estimation of state of health, satisfaction by factors related with health, – that is perception by teenagers how their requirements for health are satisfied and how much possibilities necessary for it are given.
- 1. Lisitcyn YP. Theories of medicine of the XX-th century. Moskow: Medicine; 1999.
- 2. Health-21: Bases of a policy of achievement of health for all in the European region WHO. The European series on achievement of Health for all. 1999;6:293.
- 3. Kovyneva OA. Structure of quality of life and factors of its increase. Public health services economy. 2006;8:48-50.
- 4. Abbey A, Andrews F. Modeling the Psychological Determinants of Life Quality. Soc Indic Res. 1985;16:1-34.
- 5. Shuessler KF, Fisher GA. Quality-of-life research and sociology. An Rev Soc 1985;11:131.
- 6. Wingo L. The Quality of Life: Toward a micro-economic definition. Urban Stud. 1973;10:3-8.
- 7. Nugaev RM, Nugaev MA. Quality of life in works of sociologists of USA. Sociol. 2003;6:100-5.
- 8. Novik AA, Ionova TI. Management on research of quality of life in medicine. Moskow: The Star World; 2002.
- 9. Kochman D. Jakość życia. Analiza teoretyczna. Zdr Publ. 2007;117(2):242-8.
- 10. Tatskova AY, Chechelnickaya SM, Rumyantceva AG. To the question on a technique of estimation of health-related quality of life. Problems of social hygiene, health services and history of medicine. 2009;6:46-51.
- 11. Tonnel AB, Marquette C, Wallaert B. Rev Prat. 1992;42(19):2399-404.[PubMed]
- 12. Medik VA, Yuriev VK. Course of lectures on public health and health services. Moskow: Medicine;2003.
- 13. Trojanowska A. Znaczenie badan nad jakością życia w medycynie. Zdr Publ. 2011;121(1):99-103.
- 14. Zhuravlyova IV. The attitude to health of individual and society. Moskow: Science; 2006.
- 15. Nazarova IB. Health of workers. Moskow: MAKS Press; 2007.
- 16. Woodruff SI, Conway TL. Impact of Health and Fitness-Related Behavior on Quality of Life. Soc Indicators Res. 1992;25:391-405.
- 17. Sokolova GN, Sechko NN, Taranova EV. Level and quality of life as transition preconditions to a postindustrial society. Sociol. 2010;4:42-52.
- 18. Sokolova GN. Social indicators of innovative development: interrelation dialectics. Proceedings of the International Scientifically-practical Conference: Problems of the theory and practice of formation of Belarussian economic model; 2008 May 30th; Minsk, Institute of economy of National Academy of Science, Minsk: Belarus. Minsk: Publishing of House Institute of economy of National Academy of Science of Belarus; 2008.
- 19. Sokolova GN. Formation of postindustrial society: the Belarussian phenomenon. Sociology RoSA. 2009;4:81-9.
- 20. Sokolova GN. The human capital as an economic category of the present. Scie innov. 2010;6:57-9.
- 21. Babak GA. Quality of life of patients with rheumatic arthritis. Medi news. 2005;2:96-100.
- 22. Cyrulnikova AN. Quality of life of patients with chronic heart insuf-ficiency at an arterial hypertensia and ischemic illness of heart. Med news. 2004;4:83-5.
- 23. Danakin NS. To the definition of quality of life. Quality of life of population: indicators and increase ways. The collection of proceedings. Belgorod: Publishing house; 2004.
- 24. Zhuravlyova IV. Health of teenagers: the sociological analysis. Moskow: Publishing house of Institute of sociology of the Russian Academy of Sciences; 2002.
- 25. Papura AA. Influence of mass media on psychological development of the person of the teenager. Proceedings of II International scientific conference. Psychosocial adaptation in a transformed society: problems and prospects. 2007 October 26th; Minsk, Belarus. Minsk: Publ. Centre of BSU; 2007.
- 26. Chistov AV. The analysis of influence of mass-media on mental health and development of the person. Proceedings of II International scientific conference. Psychosocial adaptation in a transformed society: problems and prospects. 2007 October 26th; Minsk, Belarus. Minsk: Publ. Centre of BSU; 2007.
- 27. Sygit K. Koncepcja autorskiej “Skali do oceny zachowań zdrowot-nych młodzieży”. Projekt i wstępne wyniki z wdrożenia. Zdr Publ 2008;118(4):417-20.
- 28. Maschenko IV. Method of an estimation of individual quality of a life [Internet]. Minsk: BelMAPO [www.belmapo.by/page/5/390]
- 29. Albitskiy V Y, Vinjarskaja I V. The new approach in a complex estimation of state of health of children with use of criterion of quality of life. Problems of social hygiene, health services and history of medicine. 2007;5:16-7.
- 30. Bahadova EV. The new approach to definition of health of children with application of a technique of an estimation of quality of life [Internet]. Moskow: Vestnik. [vestnik.mednet.ru].
- 31. Tcybulskaja IS, Bahadova EV. Medical-biologic and social adaptation in population of children in modern conditions (specifications and deviations). Moskow: RIO CNIIOIZ; 2006.
- 32. Zhuravlyova IV. Behavioural factors of health of teenagers. Sociol Med. 2002;1:32-48.
- 33. Zhuravlyova IV. Reproductive health of teenagers and problem of sexual education. Sociol. 2004;7:133-42.