The 3 vs 1 game build-up effectiveness examination in physical and technical tests of 11-year-old football players
Study aim: The aim of this study is to prove that young players who have been coached with the main focus on technical ability and player interaction, perform better when tested on physical and technical attributes. Material and methods: We examined 2 separate groups made up of 15 players each. After thorough analysis, the experimental group practiced playing forms to building up 3 vs 1 games weekly for one year. The control group did not follow this training pattern. Results: Over the course of the year there was a constant development in all aspects of the examination. Furthermore, both physical and technical attributes were significantly better . The same cannot be concluded from the analysis of the control group, in which the performance level even dropped in some aspects of the examination. Conclusion: The results show that players practicing the playing forms on a weekly basis performed better in physical and technical tests. In addition, subjective experience has also underlined the effect of the method.
- Semmelweis University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Department of Sport Games, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Semmelweis University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Ph.D. Student;
- Semmelweis University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Department of Sport Games
- Semmelweis University, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Department of Gymnastics, Rhytmic Gymnastics, Dance and Aerobics
- 1. Aguiar B., Lago M., Maças G., Sampaio J.V. (2012) A Review on the Effects of Soccer Small-Sided Games. J. Hum. Kinet., 33: 103-113.
- 2. Bakkera A., Oerlemansa W., Demeroutib E., Slotc B., Alid D. (2011) Flow and performance: A study among talented Dutch soccer players. Psych. Sport Exerc., 12: 442-450.[Crossref]
- 3. Bullock W., Panchuk D., Broatch J., Christian R., Stepto N.K. (2012) An integrative test of agility, speed and skill in soccer: Effects of exercise. J. Sci. Med. Sport, 15: 431-436.[WoS][Crossref]
- 4. Dardouri W., Amin Selmi M., Haj Sassi R., Gharbi Z., Rebhi A., Moalla W. (2013) Reliability and discriminative power of soccer-speciﬁc ﬁeld tests and skill index in young soccer players. Science and Sports. http://dx.doi. org/10.1016/j.scispo.2013.06.004 (Article in press).[Crossref]
- 5. Huijgen B., Elferink-Gemser M., Post W., Visscher C. (2010) Development of dribbling in talented youth soccer players aged 12-19 years. J. Sports Sci., 28: 689-698.[WoS][Crossref]
- 6. Chris G.K., Andrew J.M.G. (2010) Injuries in Youth Soccer. Pediatrics, 125: 410-414.[WoS]
- 7. Holt J.E., Kinchin G., Clarke G. (2012) Effects of peerassessed feedback, goal setting and a group contingency on performance and learning by 10-12-year-old academy soccer players. Phys. Edu. Sport Pedagog., 17: 231-250.[WoS][Crossref]
- 8. Taylor I., Bruner M. (2012) The social environment and developmental experiences in elite youth soccer. Psychol. Sport Exerc., 13: 390-396.[WoS][Crossref]
- 9. Köklü Y. (2012) A Comparison Of Physiological Responses To Various Intermittent And Continuous Small-Sided Games In Young Soccer Players. J. Hum. Kinet., 31: 89-96.
- 10. Miranda R.E.E.P.C., Antunes H.K.M., Pauli J.R., Puggina E.F., da Silva A.S.R. (2013) Effects of 10-week soccer training program on anthropometric, psychological, technical skills and specific performance parameters in youth soccer players. Sci. Sports, 28: 81-87.[WoS][Crossref]
- 11. Munroe-Chandler K., Hall C., Fishburne G., Murphy L., Hall N. (2012) Effects of a cognitive specific imagery intervention on the soccer skill performance of young athletes: Age group comparisons. Psychol. Sport Exerc., 13: 324-331.[WoS][Crossref]
- 12. Mette K.C., Jan K.S. (2009) Sport or school? Dreams and dilemmas for talented young Danish football players. Eur. Phys. Edu. Rev., 15: 115-133.[WoS]
- 13. McCarthy P.J., Jones M.V., Clark-Carter D. (2008) Understanding enjoyment in youth sport: A developmental perspective. Psychol. Sport Exerc., 9: 142-156.[WoS][Crossref]