Effect of the ion slip on the MHD flow of a dusty fluid with heat transfer under exponential decaying pressure gradient
In the present study, the unsteady Hartmann flow with heat transfer of a dusty viscous incompressible electrically conducting fluid under the influence of an exponentially decreasing pressure gradient is studied without neglecting the ion slip. The parallel plates are assumed to be porous and subjected to a uniform suction from above and injection from below while the fluid is acted upon by an external uniform magnetic field applied perpendicular to the plates. The equations of motion are solved analytically to yield the velocity distributions for both the fluid and dust particles. The energy equations for both the fluid and dust particles including the viscous and Joule dissipation terms, are solved numerically using finite differences to get the temperature distributions.
-  J. Lohrabi:Investigation of magnetohydrodynamic heat transfer in two-phase flow, Thesis (PhD), Tennessee Technological University, 1980.
-  A.J. Chamkha: “Unsteady laminar hydromagnetic fluid-particle flow and heat transfer in channels and circular pipes”, International J. of Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 21, (2000), pp. 740–746. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0142-727X(00)00031-X[Crossref]
-  P.G. Saffman: “On the stability of a laminar flow of a dusty gas”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 13, (1962), pp. 120–131. http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0022112062000555[Crossref]
-  R.K. Gupta and S.C. Gupta: “Flow of a dusty gas through a channel with arbitrary time varying pressure gradient”, J. Appl. Mat. Phys., Vol. 27, (1976), pp. 119–133. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01595248[Crossref]
-  V.R. Prasad and N.C.P. Ramacharyulu: “Unsteady flow of a dusty incompressible fluid between two parallel plates under an impulsive pressure gradient”, Def. Sci. Journal, Vol. 30, (1979), pp. 125–137.
-  L.A. Dixit: “Unsteady flow of a dusty viscous fluid through rectangular ducts”, Indian J. of Theoretical Phys., Vol. 28(2), (1980), pp. 129–142.
-  A.K. Ghosh and D.K. Mitra: “Flow of a dusty fluid through horizontal pipes”, Rev. Roum. Phys., Vol. 29, (1984), pp. 631–646.
-  K.K. Singh: “Unsteady flow of a conducting dusty fluid through a rectangular channel with time dependent pressure gradient”, Indian J. Pure App. Mat., Vol. 8(9), (1976), pp. 1124–1136.
-  P. Mitra and P. Bhattacharyya: “Unsteady hydromagnetic laminar flow of a conducting dusty fluid between two parallel plates started impulsively from rest”, Acta Mech., Vol. 39, (1981), pp. 171–188. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01170340[Crossref]
-  K. Borkakotia and A. Bharali: “Hydromagnetic flow and heat transfer between two horizontal plates, the lower plate being a stretching sheet”, Q. Appl. Mat., (1983), pp. 461–474.
-  A.A. Megahed, A.L. Aboul-Hassan and H. Sharaf El-Din: “Effect of Joule and viscous dissipation on temperature distributions through electrically conducting dusty fluid”, In:Fifth Miami International Symposium on Multi-Phase Transport and Particulate Phenomena; Miami Beach, Florida, Vol. 3, 1988, pp. 111–123.
-  A.L. Aboul-Hassan, H. Sharaf El-Din and A.A. Megahed: “Temperature due to the motion of one of them”, In:First International Conference of Engineering Mathematics and Physics, Cairo, (Egypt), 1991, pp. 723–734.
-  K.R. Crammer and S.-I. Pai:Magnetofluid dynamics for Engineer and scientists, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1973.
-  G.W. Sutton and A. Sherman:Engineering Magnetohydrodynamics, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1965.
-  V.M. Soundalgekar, N.V. Vighnesam and H.S. Takhar: “Hall and Ion-Slip effects in MHD Couette flow with heat transfer”, IEEE T. Plasma Sci., Vol. PS-7(3), (1979), pp. 178–182. [Crossref]
-  V.M. Soundalgekar and A.G. Uplekar: “Hall effects in MHD Couette flow with heat transfer”, IEEE T. Plasma Sci., Vol. PS-14(5), (1986), pp. 579–583. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TPS.1986.4316600[Crossref]
-  H.A. Attia: “Hall current effects on the velocity and temperature fields of an unsteady Hartmann flow”, Can. J. Phys., Vol. 76(9), (1998), pp. 739–746. http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/cjp-76-9-739[Crossref]
-  H.A. Attia: “Transient Hartmann flow with heat transfer consideration the ion slip”, Phys. Scripta, Vol. 66, (2002), pp. 470–475. http://dx.doi.org/10.1238/Physica.Regular.066a00470[Crossref]
-  A.L. Aboul-Hassan and H.A. Attia: “Hydromagnetic flow of a dusty fluid in a rectangular channel with Hall current and heat transfer”, Can. J. Phys., Vol. 80, (2002), pp. 579–589. http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/p01-125[Crossref]
-  M.R. Spiegel:Theory and problems of Laplace Transforms, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1986.
-  H. Schlichting:Boundary layer theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1968.
-  W.F. Ames:Numerical solutions of partial differential equations, Academic Press, New York, 1977.