Evaluation of Health in Context of Life Quality Studying
Introduction: The development and application on novel concepts that integrally describe physical, psychological, emotional, social health, environmental factors, life values and personal skills was analyzed in the article. The aim of the article was to analyze the latest methodological approaches of life quality and health assessment. Results: The article deals with the peculiarities of life quality definition formation and role of its subjective and objective components. The life quality models that based on objective and subjective indicators, related to the health and social well-being was analyzed. The health indicators that provide critical information about population health and prevention programs were characterized and divided into 4 groups - medical and demographic, behavioral, administrative, related to physical and social environment. The problem of research methods development that would useful for comparing the health related life quality in different countries, and creation of normative databases for various regions and determination life-style long-term impact on physical and mental health was studied. The peculiarities of quantitative evaluation in international methods (Index of Social Health, Physical Quality of Life Index, Human Developed Index, Health related Quality of Life Index, World Health Organization Quality of Life index, Happiness adjusted life-years) were analyzed. Conclusions: For a quantitative evaluation of the population life quality significant is selection of single definition, model with structural parts (domains) that include psycho-physical and physical health of people, their life values (micro level) and the socio-economic development of the society (macro level).
- Adorno MLGR, Brasil-Neto JP. Assessment of the quality of life through the SF-36 questionnaire in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain. Acta Ortop Bras. 2013; 21(4):202-7.
- Lima MG, Borim FSA, de Azevedo Barros MB. Smoking and Health-Related Quality of Life (SF-36). A Population-Based Study in Campinas, SP, Brazil. Health 2014; 6:1539-48.[Crossref]
- Matanov A, Giacco G, Bogic M. Subjective quality of life in war-affected populations. BMC Public Health 2013; 13:624.[WoS][Crossref]
- Perales J, Cosco TD, Stephan BCM et al. Health-related quality of life in the Cambridge City over-75s Cohort (CC75C): development of a dementia-specific scale and descriptive analyses. BMC Geriatrics 2014; 14:18.[Crossref][WoS]
- Prigent A, Auraaen A, Kamendje-Tchokobou B et al. Health-related quality of life and utility scores in people with mental disorders: a comparison with the non-mentally ill general population. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2014; 11: 2804-2817.[WoS][Crossref]
- Aristotle. Nicomachean Ethics. Kyiv, 2002 (in Ukrainian). Plato. Compositions. Litres, 2015 (in Russian). Hobbes T. Selected Works. Moscow, 1964 (in Russian). Kant I. Anthropology from a pragmatic point of view. Moscow, 2002 (in Russian).
- Felce D, Perry J. Quality of life: its definition and measurement. Res. Dev. Disabil 1995;16(1):51-74.[Crossref]
- Pavlova IuA, Tulaydan VG, Vynogradskyi BA. Physical activity as a component of students’ life quality. Pedagogika, psihologia ta mediko-biologicni problemi fizicnogo vihovanna i sportu 2011; 1:102-106 (in Ukrainian).
- Schalock RL. Three Decades of Quality of Life. Focus on Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities 2000;15(2):116-127.
- Taillefer MC, Dupuis G, Roberge M-A, Lemay S. Health- Related Quality of Life Models: Systematic Review of the Literature. Social Indicators Research 2003;64:293-23.[Crossref]
- Veenhoven R. The four qualities of life. Ordering concepts and measures of the good life. Journal of Happiness Studies 2000;1:1-39.[Crossref]
- Cella DF. Quality of life: concepts and definition. Journal of Pain and symptom management 1994;9(3):186-92.[WoS]
- Novak AA., Ionova TI. The Study Guide of life quality in medicine. Olma Media Grupp; 2010 (in Russian).
- Tartar RE, Biller ES, Switala PA. et al. The Quality of Life following Liver Transplantation: A Preliminary Report. Gastroenterology Clinics of North America 1988;17(2): 207-17.
- Rejeski WJ, Mihalko SL. Physical Activity and Quality of Life in Older Adults. Journals of Gerontology: Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical Sciences 2001;56(11):23-35.[Crossref]
- Farquhar M. Definitions of Quality of Life: a Taxonomy. Journal of Advanced Nursing 1995;22(3):502-9.[Crossref]
- Bigelow DA, McFarlane BH., Olson MM. Quality of life of community mental health programme clients: validating a measure. Community Mental Health Journal 1991;27:43-55.[Crossref]
- Bowling A., Grundy E. Longitudinal studies of social networks and mortality in later life. Reviews in Clinical Gerontology 1998;8:353-61.
- Grundy E., Bowling A. Enhancing the quality of extended life years. Identification of the oldest old with a very good and very poor quality of life. Ageing and Mental Health 1999;3:199-212.
- Kaplan RM, Anderson JP. The general health policy model: an integrated approach. Quality of Life and Pharmacoeconomics in Clinical Trials. Lippincott-Raven Publishers; 1996.
- Testa MA, Simonson DC. Assessment of quality-of-life outcomes. New England Journal of Medicine 1996;334(13):835-40.
- Ware JE. Methodology in behavioral and psychosocial cancer research. Conceptualizing disease impact and treatment outcomes. Cancer 1984;53(10):2316-26.
- Cooper K, Arber S, Fee L, Ginn J. The influence of social support and social capital on health: a review and analysis of British data. Health Education Authority; 1999.
- Rogerson RJ, Findlay AM, Coombes MG, Morris A. Indicators of quality of life. Environment and Planning 1989;21:1655-66.[Crossref]
- Rogerson RJ. Environmental and health-related quality of life: conceptual and methodological similarities. Social Science and Medicine 1995;41:1373-82.[Crossref]
- Bowling A. Research Methods in Health: Investigating Health and Health Services. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014.
- The World Health Organization Quality of Life Assessment (WHOQOL): Position Paper From the World Health Organization. Social Science and Medicine 1995;41(10):1403-09.[Crossref]
- Wilson I, Cleary P. Linking clinical variables with health-related quality of life: A conceptual model of patient outcomes. JAMA 1995;273:59-64.