Duel fuel compression ignition engine fuelled with homogeneous mixtures of propane and kerosene-based fuel
Treść / Zawartość
The paper presents some results of examination of DF CI engine fuelled with kerosene-based fuel (Jet A-1) and propane. The aim was to obtain the maximum engine thermal and overall efficiency and checking the engine emissions for the application of significant share of propane as a main source of energy. The fuel which initiates the ignition was Jet A-1 provided by common rail system during the beginning of compression stroke. Propane was provided to inlet manifold in a gas phase. The method of providing of both fuels to the engine cylinder allowed to create nearly homogeneous mixture and realized HCCI process for dual fuelling with Jet A-1 and propane. It was possible to compare two combustion strategies PCCI and HCCI for fuelling of CI engine with single fuel (Jet A-1) and dual fuelling with Jet A-1 and propane. The results of experiment show that the NOx and soot emissions are much lower than for standard CI or SI engines. The results also show very interesting potential role of propane in control of HCCI dual fuel combustion process which gives the new perspective of dual fuel engine development. The low levels of toxic components in exhaust gases encourage to test and develop this type of fuelling which could radically confine the negative influence on the environment as well as enable to apply an alternative fuels.
Bibliogr. 16 poz., fot. kolor., 1 rys., wykr.
-  JOHNSON, T.V. Review of diesel emissions and control. International Journal of Engine Research. 2009. DOI: 10.1243/14680874JER04009
-  NIEMAN, D.E., DEMPSEY, A.B., REITZ, R.D. Heavy-duty RCCI operation using natural gas and diesel. SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0379, 2012. DOI: 10.4271/2012-01-0379
-  PAWLAK, G. The concept of a dual fuel highly efficient internal combustion engine. SAE Technical Paper 01-1480, 2010. DOI: 10.4271/2010-01-1480
-  PAYKANI, A., KAKAEE, A.H., RAHNAMA, P., REITZ, R.D. Effects of diesel injection strategy on natural gas/diesel reactivity controlled compression ignition combustion. Energy. 2015, 90, 814-826. DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2015.07.112
-  REITZ, R.D., GANESH, D. Review of high efficiency and clean reactivity controlled compression ignition (RCCI) combustion in internal combustion engines. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science. 2015, 46, 12-71. DOI: 10.1016/ j.pecs.2014.05.003
-  SKRZEK, T. Research on the effect of diesel fuel injection parameters on the combustion process in the charged CI engine fuelled with propane. Journal of KONES Powertrain and Transport. 2018, 25(3). DOI: 10.5604/01.3001.0012.4360
-  WALKER, N.R., WISSINK, M.L., DEL VESCOVO, D.A., REITZ, R.D. Natural gas for high load dual-fuel reactivity controlled compression ignition in heavy-duty engines. Journal of Energy Resources Technology. 2015, 137(4), 1-7, 042202-1. DOI: 10.1115/1.4030110
-  YOUSEFI, A., BIROUK, M. An investigation of multi-injection strategies for a dual-fuel pilot diesel ignition engine at low load. Journal of Energy Resources Technology. 2016, 139(1). DOI: 10.1115/1.4033707
-  ZHANG, Y., KONG, S.C., REITZ, R.D. Modeling and simulation of a dual fuel (diesel/natural gas) engine with multidimensional CFD. SAE Transactions, Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. 2003, 112(4). DOI: 10.4271/2003-01-0755
-  www.cleandieseltech.eu/
-  www.w-erc.com/services/rcci/
-  www.altogas.com/benefits-of-propane-as-a-clean-fuel
-  www.smithgas.com/how-propane-is-produced-and-why-itmatters
-  www.neste.com/companies/products/renewablefuels/renewable-propane
-  afdc.energy.gov/files/u/publication/2016_propane_market_outlook.pdf
-  www.orlen.pl/PL/DlaBiznesu/Paliwa/PaliwaLotnicze/Strony/PaliwoDoTurbinowychSilnikowJetA1.asp
Opracowanie rekordu ze środków MNiSW, umowa Nr 461252 w ramach programu "Społeczna odpowiedzialność nauki" - moduł: Popularyzacja nauki i promocja sportu (2020).