Cyclic testing of steel frames infilled with concrete sandwich panels
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
In-plane seismic behaviour of concrete sandwich panel-infilled steel frame (CSP-ISF) was experimentally and numerically investigated. Four large-scale, single bay and single story steel frame specimens were tested under reversed cyclic lateral loading. Three infilled frames with different aspect ratios along with one bare frame were considered. It was found that addition of sandwich panels leads to considerable increase in the lateral stiffness and strength, ductility, energy dissipation capacity as well as equivalent viscous damping ratio of the steel frames. Furthermore, the maximum shear capacity of CSP-ISF specimens was validated by analytical approaches which showed good agreement with experimental results. Based on the present experiments, structural performance levels required for Performance-based Analysis are also proposed for concrete sandwich panel used as infill walls. Finally, a numerical model is presented to analyze the nonlinear behaviour of CSP-ISFs.
Bibliogr. 46 poz., fot., rys., tab., wykr.
- Department of Civil Engineering, University of Guilan, Rasht, Iran
- Department of Civil Engineering, University of Guilan, Rasht, Iran
- International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), Tehran, Iran
- Department of Civil Engineering, ISISE, University of Minho, Guimarães, Portugal
-  J.L. Dawe, C.K. Seah, Behaviour of masonry infilled steel frames, Can. J. Civil Eng. 16 (6) (1989) 865–876.
-  H. Moghaddam, Lateral load behavior of masonry infilled steel frames with repair and retrofit, J. Struct. Eng. 130 (1) (2004) 56–63.
-  A.A. Tasnimi, A. Mohebkhah, Investigation on the behavior of brick-infilled steel frames with openings; experimental and analytical approaches, Eng. Struct. 33 (2011) 968–980.
-  R.-S. Ju, H.-J. Lee, C.-C. Chen, C.-C. Tao, Experimental study on separating reinforced concrete infill walls from steel moment frames, J. Construct. Steel Res. 71 (2012) 119–128.
-  D. Markulak, I. Radić, V. Sigmund, Cyclic testing of single bay steel frames with various types of masonry infill, Eng. Struct. 51 (2013) 267–277.
-  A. Benayoune, A.A.B. Abdul Samad, D.N. Trikha, A.A. Abang Ali, S.H. Ellinna, Flexural behaviour of pre-cast concrete sandwich composite panel; experimental and theoretical investigations, Construct. Build. Mater. 22 (2008) 580–592.
-  M. Palermo, L.M. Gil-Martín, T. Trombetti, E. Hernández- Montes, In-plane shear behaviour of thin low reinforced concrete panels for earthquake re-construction, Mater. Struct. 46 (5) (2013) 841–856.
-  T. Sharaf, A. Fam, Experimental investigation of large-scale cladding sandwich panels under out-of-plane transverse loading for building applications, J. Compos. Construct. 15 (3) (2011) 422–430.
-  S. Gopinath, V. Ramesh Kumar, H. Sheth, A. Ramachandra Murthy, N.R. Iyer, Pre-fabricated sandwich panels using cold-formed steel and textile reinforced concrete, Construct. Build. Mater. 64 (2014) 54–59.
-  A. Einea, Structural and thermal efficiency of precast concrete sandwich panel systems, (Ph.D. dissertation), University of Nebraska–Lincoln, USA, 1992.
-  D.C. Salmon, A. Einea, M.K. Tadros, T.D. Culp, Full scale testing of precast concrete sandwich panels, ACI Struct. J. 94 (4) (1997) 354–362.
-  M. Zaman Kabir, A. Reza Rahai, Y. Nassira, Non-linear response of combined system; 3D wall panels and bending steel frame subjected to seismic loading, WIT Trans. Built Environ. 85 (2006) 705–714.
-  O. Rezaifar, M. Zaman Kabir, M. Taribakhsh, A. Tehranian, Dynamic behaviour of 3D-panel single-storey system using shaking table testing, Eng. Struct. 30 (2008) 318–337.
-  O. Rezaifar, M. Zaman Kabir, A. Bakhshi, Shaking table test of a 1:2.35 scale 4-story building constructed with a 3D panel system, Sci. Iran. 16 (3) (2009) 199–215.
-  P.A. Teeuwen, Lateral behavior of steel frames with discretely connected precast concrete infill panels, (Ph.D. dissertation), Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2009.
-  A. Pavese, D.A. Bournas, Experimental assessment of the seismic performance of a prefabricated concrete structural wall system, Eng. Struct. 33 (6) (2011) 2049–2062.
-  American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, Standard ANSI/AISC 360-10, Chicago, IL, 2010.
-  American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Seismic Provisions for Structural Steel Buildings, Standard ANSI/ AISC 341-10, Chicago, IL, 2010.
-  H.G. Harris, G.M. Sabnis, Structural Modeling and Experimental Techniques, CRC-Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1999.
-  T.K. Šipoš, V. Sigmund, M. Hadzima-Nyarko, Earthquake performance of infilled frames using neural networks and experimental database, Eng. Struct. 51 (2013) 113–127.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens, C39/C39M-09a, West Conshohocken, PA, 2010.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Standard Test Method for Splitting Tensile Strength of Cylindrical Concrete Specimens, C496/C496M-04, West Conshohocken, PA, 2004.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Standard Test Method for Static Modulus of Elasticity and Poisson's Ratio of Concrete in Compression, C496-02, West Conshohocken, PA, 2002.
-  American Concrete Institute (ACI), Guide to Shotcrete, Report 506R-05, 2005.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Standard Practice for Preparing and Testing Specimens from Shotcrete Test Panels, C1140-03a, West Conshohocken, PA, 2003.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Standard Test Method for Obtaining and Testing Drilled Cores and Sawed Beams of Concrete, C42/C42M-04, West Conshohocken, PA, 2004.
-  American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products, A370-11, West Conshohocken, PA, 2011.
-  Applied Technology Council, ATC-24 Report, Guidelines for Cyclic Seismic Testing of Components of Steel Structures, Redwood City, CA, 1992.
-  A.K. Chopra, Dynamics of Structures – Theory and Application to Earthquake Engineering, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1995.
-  C.G. Salmon, J.E. Johnson, F.A. Malhas, Steel Structures: Design and Behavior, 5th ed., Pearson Education, Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2009.
-  A. Mansouri, M.S. Marefat, M. Khanmohammadi, Experimental evaluation of seismic performance of low-shear strength masonry infills with openings in reinforced concrete frames with deficient seismic details, Struct. Des. Tall Spec. Build. 23 (15) (2013) 1190–1210.
-  K.M. Mosalam, R.N. White, G. Ayala, Response of infilled frames using pseudo-dynamic experimentation, Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn. 27 (6) (1998) 589–608.
-  D.J. Kakaletsis, C.G. Karayannis, Influence of masonry strength and openings on infilled R/C frames under cycling loading, J. Earthq. Eng. 12 (2) (2008) 197–221.
-  Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Evaluation of Earthquake Damaged Concrete and Masonry Wall Buildings, FEMA 306. Washington, DC, 1998.
-  Q. Huang, Z. Guo, J.S. Kuang, Designing infilled reinforced concrete frames with the 'strong frame-weak infill' principle, Eng. Struct. 123 (2016) 341–353.
-  P.G. Asteris, S.T. Antoniou, D.S. Sophianopoulos, C.Z. Chrysostomou, Mathematical macromodeling of infilled frames: state of the art, J. Struct. Eng. 137 (12) (2011) 1508– 1517.
-  C.Z. Chrysostomou, P.G. Asteris, On the in-plane properties and capacities of infilled frames, Eng. Struct. 41 (2012) 385– 402.
-  G. Uva, D. Raffaele, F. Porco, A. Fiore, On the role of equivalent strut models in the seismic assessment of infilled RC buildings, Eng. Struct. 42 (2012) 83–94.
-  L. Cavaleri, F. Di Trapani, Cyclic response of masonry infilled RC frames: experimental results and simplified modeling, Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng. 65 (2014) 224–242.
-  American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings, ASCE/SEI 41- 13, Reston, VA, 2014.
-  Management and Planning Organization of Iran (MPO), The Code of Practice for Design Specification Manufacturing and Construction of 3D Panel Structures (Code No. 385), 1st Revision, Department of Technical Affairs, Iran, 2013 (in Persian).
-  O. Rezaifar, Experimental and analytical seismic dynamic behavior of 4-storey building of 3D wall panels on shaking table, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran, 2007 (Ph.D. dissertation), (in Persian).
-  H. Jiang, X. Liu, J. Mao, Full-scale experimental study on masonry infilled RC moment-resisting frames under cyclic loads, Eng. Struct. 91 (2015) 70–84.
-  C. Zhai, J. Kong, X. Wang, Z. Chen, Experimental and finite element analytical investigation of seismic behavior of full-scale masonry infilled RC frames, J. Earthq. Eng. 20 (7) (2016) 1171–1198.
-  DIANA, DIANA users manual – release 9.6, TNO Diana B.V., Delft, The Netherlands, 2014.
-  P.B. Lourenço, J.G. Rots, A multi-surface interface model for the analysis of masonry structures, J. Struct. Eng. 123 (7) (1997) 660–668.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018)