Ultrasonic tomography – The latest nondestructive technique for testing concrete members – Description, test methodology, application example
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
This paper presents the latest nondestructive acoustic technique – ultrasonic tomography – suitable for testing concrete members. The capabilities of this technique for locating defects and determining their size in unilaterally accessible concrete members and for estimating the thickness of such members are described. An original test methodology developed for this purpose is included. The methodology was verified through laboratory tests on specimens and through on-site tests on a real concrete member. The suitability of this technique for testing concrete members and its reliability have been confirmed.
Bibliogr. 28 poz., rys.
-  American Concrete Institute Report ACI 228.2R-98 Nondestructive Test Methods for Evaluation of Concrete in Structures, ACI Farmington Hills, Michigan, 1998.
-  A. Bishko, Improvement of imaging at small depths for acoustic tomography of reinforced concrete objects, in: The 6th International Conference on Non-Destructive Testing and Technical Diagnostics in Industry, Mashinostroenie, Moscow, Russia, 2007.
-  A. Bishko, A.A. Samokrutov, V.G. Shevaldykin, Ultrasonic echo-pulse tomography of concrete using shear waves low-frequency phased antenna arrays, in: 17th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Shanghai, China, 2008.
-  T. Błaszczynski, The influence of crude oil product on RC structure destruction, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 17 (1) (2011) 146–156.
-  T. Błaszczynski, M. Przybylska-Fałek, Durability of SFRC Material 10th International Conference on Durability of Composite Systems, Duracosys, Brussels, 2012.
-  A. Garbacz, Non-destructive assessment of repair efficiency with impact-echo and ultrasonic methods – an overview in: International Conference on Concrete Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting (ICCRRR), Cape Town, South Africa, 2005, pp. 1319–1326.
-  T. Gorzelanczyk, Acoustically assessed influence of air pore structure on failure of self-compacting concretes under compression, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 18 (1) (2012) 60–70.
-  T. Gorzelanczyk, J. Hoła, K. Schabowicz, Nondestructive tests aimed at determining the thickness of the concrete shell of a heat pipe carrying tunnel, in: 18th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Durban, South Africa, 2012.
-  T. Gorzelanczyk, J. Hoła, L. Sadowski, K. Schabowicz, Methodology of nondestructive identification of defective concrete zones in unilaterally accessible massive members, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, (2013) http://dx.doi.org/10.3846/13923730.2013.812577 (in press).
-  B. Goszczynska, G. Swit, W. Trąmpczynski, A. Krampikowska, J. Tworzewska, P. Tworzewski, Experimental validation of concrete crack identification and location with acoustic emission method, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering 12 (1) (2012) 23–28.
-  J. Hoła, K. Schabowicz, State-of-the-art non-destructive methods for diagnostic testing of building structures-anticipated development trends, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering X (3) (2010) 5–18.
-  J. Hoła, L. Sadowski, K. Schabowicz, Nondestructive identification of delaminations in concrete floor toppings with acoustic methods, Automation in Construction 20 (2011) 799–807.
-  M. Krause, B. Milmann, E. Niederleithinger, Assessment of foundation slabs with USecho in the re-use process, in: Alexander et al.(Ed.), Proceedings of the International Conference on Concrete Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting (ICCRRR), Cape Town, South Africa, 2005, pp. 525–530.
-  J.H. Kurz, M. Stoppel, A. Taffe, Ch. Boller, Condition assessment of reinforced concrete structures using automated multi-sensor systems, in: 18th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Durban, South Africa, 2012.
-  V.N. Kozlov, A.A. Samokrutov, V.G. Shevaldykin, Thickness measurements and flaw detection in concrete using ultrasonic echo method, Journal of Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation 13 (1997) 73–84.
-  A. Łowinska-Kluge, T. Błaszczynski, The influence of internal corrosion on the durability of concrete, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering 12 (2) (2012) 219–227.
-  A.A. Samokrutov, V.N. Kozlo, V.G. Shevaldykin, I.A. Meleshko, Ultrasonic defectoscopy of concrete by means of pulse-echo technique, in: 8th European conference for Non-Destructive Testing, Barcelona, Spain, 2002.
-  A.A. Samokrutov, V.N. Kozlov, V.G. Shevaldykin, Ultrasonic testing of concrete objects using dry acoustic contact. Methods, instruments and possibilities, in: The 5th International Conference on Non-Destructive Testing and Technical Diagnostics in Industry, Moscow, Russia, 2006 .
-  A.A. Samokrutov, V.G. Shevaldykin, Ultrasonic tomography of metal structure using the digital focused antenna array methods, Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing 47 (2011) 16–29.
-  M. Sansalone, W. Strett, Impact-echo: Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masonry, Bullbrier Press, Ithaca, 1997.
-  K. Schabowicz, J. Hoła, D. Stys, Nondestructive elastic-wave tests of concrete in foundation slab, in: 10th European Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Moscow, Russia, 2010.
-  K. Schabowicz, J. Hoła, Nondestructive elastic-wave tests of foundation slab in office building, Materials Transactions 53 (2012) 296–302.
-  K. Schabowicz, Methodology for non-destructive identification of thickness of unilaterally accessible concrete elements by means of state-of-the-art acoustic techniques, Journal of Civil Engineering and Management 19 (3) (2013) 325–34.
-  V.G. Shevaldykin, A.A. Samokrutov, V.N. Kozlov, Ultrasonic low-frequency short-pulse transducers with dry point contact. Development and application, in: DGZfP (Ed.), International Symposium Non-Destructive Testing in Civil Engineering (NDT-CE), Proceedings on BB 85-CD, V66, Berlin, Germany, 2003.
-  B. Stawiski, The heterogeneity of mechanical properties of concrete in formed constructions horizontally, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering 12 (1) (2012) 90–94.
-  A. Taffe, H. Wiggenhauser, Validation for thickness measurement in civil engineering with ultrasonic echo, in: 9th European Conference on Nondestructive Testing, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
-  T. Trapko, Fibre Reinforced Cementitious Matrix confined concrete elements, Materials & Design 44 (2013) 382–391.
-  T. Trapko, The effect of high temperature on the performance of CFRP and FRCM confined concrete element, Composites Part B, Engineering 54 (2013) 138–145.