Level of manipulation of digital recording devices in light of introducing ERRU system in European countries
Treść / Zawartość
The tachograph is the oldest recording device, which belongs to the Group of ORD (On Board Recording Devices). It was introduced in the USA in 1939. Digital tachograph, the new advanced type of recording device in road transport, was introduced by Council Regulation No 2135/98 of 24 September 1998 with the beginning of May 2006, in the area of the European Union. “In contrast to its analogue predecessors the digital tachograph was introduced to facilitate the control of rest and driving times and to prevent manipulation attempt. In order to prevent abuse, it has been made the system of cryptologic keys and certificates stored in cards and devices, allowing creating explicit laws of users and authentic data recorded in, cards and devices. The Hasler Event Recorder was introduced in the 1920s. Regrettably, the construction of analogue tachograph, an original type of tachograph is used in road transport, encouraged to numerous frauds and counterfeits of social rules for drivers. Secure digital tachograph system is indisputably a means having the great influence on road safety, enforcement of the social conditions for drivers in road transport as well as supporting the fair competition between road transport undertakings. In order to better monitor the compliance of road transport with the rules in force, inter alia the provisions on usage the digital tachographs, the European Union regulation introduces the European Registers of Road Transport Undertakings (ERRU), a system that allows a better exchange of information between Member States.
Bibliogr. 6 poz., rys.
- Lublin University of Technology Mechanical Engineering Faculty Institute of Transport, Combustion Engines and Ecology Nadbystrzycka Street 36, 20-618 Lublin, Poland
- University of Life Sciences in Lublin Faculties of Production Engineering Department of Power Engineering and Transport Głęboka Street 28, 20-612 Lublin, Poland
-  Blecker, T., Kersten, W., Meyer, M., High-performance logistics: methods and technologies, Berlin 2009.
-  Rychter, M., Budowa i zastosowanie systemu tachografii cyfrowej, Warsaw 2010.
-  Furgel, I., Lemke, K., A review of the digital tachograph system, in: Lemke, K., Paar, Ch., Wolf, M., Embedded security in cars: security current and future automotive it applications, Birkhäuser 2006.
-  Desworte, Y., Quiquater, J. J., Gollmann, D., Meadows, C., Computer Security – ESORICS 98, Proceedings of the 5th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, Lourain-la-Neuve, Belgium, September 1998.
-  Commission Regulation (EU) No 1266/2009 of 16 December 2009 adapting for the tenth time to technical progress Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 on recording equipment in road transport (Official Journal L 339, 22/12/2009 P. 0003-0023), 2009.
-  Commission Regulation (EC) No 1360/2002 of 13 June 2002 adapting for the seventh time to technical progress Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 on recording equipment in road transport (Official Journal L 207, 05/08/2002 P. 0001-0252), 2002.
Opracowanie rekordu w ramach umowy 509/P-DUN/2018 ze środków MNiSW przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę (2018).