Gaseous pollutant emissions from burning animal by-products
Treść / Zawartość
Gaseous emissions during thermal animal waste treatment in a meat production plant have been determined. A dry flue gas system with a multisectional bag filter was installed at a meat production plant. Animal waste was incinerated in a rotary kiln, the capacity of the plant was 700 kg/h. The average thirty-minute (1352 samples) emission values of volatile dust, total organic carbon (TOC), hydrogen chloride (HCl), hydrogen fluoride (HF), sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxide (NO), nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and carbon oxide (CO) were obtained during a study period of 1 month. Specific samples were collected to determine dioxin, furane, heavy metal, mercury, cadmium and thallium concentrations. Histograms of the obtained results were prepared, and the results were compared with the permissible emission levels defined by the European Union. Additionally, justification was provided when the observed values exceeded the levels defined by the European Union.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., tab., rys.
-  CASCAROSA E., GEA G., ARAUZO J., Thermochemical processing of meat and bone meal. A review, Renew. Sust. Energ. Rev., 2012, 16 (1), 942.
-  LYNCH D., HENIHAN A.M., BOWEN B., LYNCH D., MCDONNELL K., KWAPINSKI W., LEAHY J.J., Utilisation of poultry litter as an energy feedstock, Biomass Bioenerg., 2013, 49, 197.
-  POSKROBKO S., Identification and stabilization of combusting animal waste with active participation of bone material. Emission of SO2 and HCl, Fuel Process. Technol., 2013, 113, 20.
-  HASSEN-TRABELSI A.B., KRAIEM T., NAOUI S., BELAYOUNOI H., Pyrolysis of waste animal fats in a fixed-bed reactor: production and characterization of bio-oil and bio-char, Waste Manage., 2013, 34 (1), 210.
-  STAROŃ P., KOWALSKI Z., KRUPA-ŻUCZEK K., WZOREK Z., Thermal utilization of mixtures of bone waste, Pol. J. Chem. Technol., 2010, 12 (4), 26.
-  BECK J., BRANDENSTEIN J., UNTERBERGER S., HEIN K.R.G., Effects of sewage sludge and meat and bone meal co-combustion on SCR catalysts, Appl. Catal. B: Environ., 2004, 49, 15.
-  CUMMINS E., MCDONNELL K.P., WARD S.M., Dispersion modelling and measurement of emissions from the co-combustion of meat and bone meal with peat in a fluidised bed, Bioresour. Technol., 2006, 97 (7), 903.
-  MILLER B.G., FALCONE MILLER S., FEDOROWICZ E.M., HARLAN D.W., DETWILER L.A., ROSSMAN M.L., Pilot-scale fluidized-bed combustor testing co-firing animal-tissue biomass with coal as a carcass disposal option, Energ. Fuel., 2006, 20 (5), 1828.
-  BUJAK J., Experimental study of the energy efficiency of an incinerator for medical waste, Appl. Energy, 2009, 86 (11), 2386.
-  COUTAND M., CYR M., DEYDIER E., GUILET R., CLASTRES P., Characteristics of industrial and laboratory meat and bone ashes and their potential applications, J. Hazard. Mater., 2008, 150, 522.
-  CUMMINS E., MCDONNELL K.P., WARD S.M., Dispersion modeling and measurement of emissions from the co-combustion of meat and bone meal with peat in a fluidised bed, Biores. Technol., 2006, 97, 903.
-  European Union. Directive 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control). Brussels, 24 November 2010.
-  BUJAK J., SITARZ P., Reduction of NOx and CO emissions through the optimization of incineration parameters in a rotary kiln, Environ. Prot. Eng., 2016, 42 (1), 85.
-  WIELGOSIŃSKI G., ZAWADZKA A., Analysis of the effectiveness of various reactants in the process of removing HCl from the flue gas dry method in incinerators for medical waste, 11th Scientific-Technical Conference POL-EMIS 2012, Air protection, Sienna–Czarna Góra, 13–16.06.2012 (in Polish).
-  WIELGOSIŃSKI G., Dioxin emissions from thermal processes and methods of its limitations, Polish Academy of Sciences, Branch in Łódź. Committee on the Environment, 2009 (in Polish).