Robust nonlinear observer design for actuator fault detection in diesel engines
Treść / Zawartość
This paper is concerned with actuator fault detection in nonlinear systems in the presence of disturbances. A nonlinear unknown input observer is designed and the output estimation error is used as a residual for fault detection. To deal with the problem of high Lipschitz constants, a modified mean-value theorem is used to express the nonlinear error dynamics as a convex combination of known matrices with time-varying coefficients. Moreover, the disturbance attenuation is performed using a modified H-infinity criterion. A sufficient condition for the existence of an unknown input observer is obtained using a linear matrix inequality formula, and the observer gains are obtained by solving the corresponding set of inequalities. The advantages of the proposed method are that no a priori assumption on the unknown input is required and that it can be applied to a large class of nonlinear systems. Performances of the proposed approach are shown through the application to a diesel engine model.
Bibliogr. 25 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
- HEI, Engineer School, 13, rue de Toul, 59046, Lille, France, firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEI, Engineer School, 13, rue de Toul, 59046, Lille, France, email@example.com
- HEI, Engineer School, 13, rue de Toul, 59046, Lille, France, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Automatic Control Laboratory (LAGIS), Lille 1 University, Rue Paul Langevin, 59655, Villeneuve d’Ascq, France, email@example.com
-  Albrecht, A., Chauvin, J., Lafossas, F., Potteau, S. and Corde, G. (2006). Development of highly premixed combustion diesel model: From simulation to control design, SAE 2006 World Congress & Exhibition, Detroit, MI, USA.
-  CARB (1993). California’s OBD-II Regulation (Section 1968.1 Title 13, California Code of Regulations), Resolution 93-40, July 9, pp. 220.7–220.12(h).
-  Ceccarelli, R., Canudas-de Wit, C., Moulin, P. and Sciarretta, A. (2009). Model-based adaptive observers for intake leakage detection in diesel engines, IEEE American Control Conference (ACC 09), St. Louis, MO, USA, pp. 1128–1133.
-  Ceccarelli, R., Moulin, P. and Canudas-de Wit, C. (2009). Robust strategy for intake leakage detection in diesel engines, IEEE Control Applications (CCA), Intelligent Control (ISIC), Saint Petersburg, Russia, pp. 340–345.
-  Chen, W., Khan, A.Q., Abid, M. and Ding, S.X. (2011). Integrated design of observer based fault detection for a class of uncertain nonlinear systems, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science 21(3): 423–430, DOI: 10.2478/v10006-011-0031-0.
-  Chen, W. and Saif, S. (2006). Unknown input observer design for a class of nonlinear systems: An LMI approach, IEEE American Control Conference, Minneapolis, MN, USA, pp. 834–38.
-  Darouach, M., Zasadzinski, M. and Xu, S. J. (1994). Full-order observers for linear systems with unknown inputs, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 39(3): 607–609.
-  Ding, X., Frank, P.M. and Guo, L. (1990). Nonlinear observer design via extended observer canonical form, Systems and Control Letters 15(4): 313–322.
-  Djemili, I., Aitouche, A. and Cocquempot, V. (2011a). Adaptive observer for intake leakage detection in diesel engines described by Takagi–Sugeno model, 19th Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation (MED 2011), Corfu, Greece, pp. 754–759.
-  Djemili, I., Aitouche, A. and Cocquempot, V. (2011b). Structural analysis for air path of an automotive diesel engine, IEEE International Conference on Communications, Computing and Control Applications (CCCA’11), Hammamet, Tunisia, pp. 1–6.
-  Gertler, J., Costin,M., Fang, X. and Hira, R. (1995). Mode based diagnosis for automotive engines: Algorithm development and testing on a production vehicle, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 3(1): 61–69.
-  Heywood, J. (1992). Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, McGraw-Hill Series in Mechanical Engineering, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
-  Hou, M. and Muller, P.C. (1992). Design of observers for linear systems with unknown inputs, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 37(6): 871–874.
-  Hui, S. and ˙Zak, S.H. (2005). Observer design for systems with unknown inputs, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science 15(4): 431–446.
-  Kao, K. and Moskwa, J. (1995). Turbocharged diesel engine modeling for nonlinear engine control and state estimation ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control 117(1): 20–30.
-  Kudva, P., Viswanadham, N. and Ramakrishna, A. (1980). Observers for linear systems with unknown inputs, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 25(1): 113–115.
-  Nyberg, M. (2002). Model-based diagnosis of an automotive engine using several types of fault models, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 10(5): 679–689.
-  Nyberg, M. and Perkovic, A. (1998). Model based diagnosis of leaks in the air-intake system of an SI-engine, International Congress & Exposition, Detroit, MI, USA.
-  Nyberg, M. and Sutte, T. (2004). Model based diagnosis of the air path of an automotive diesel engine, Control Engineering Practice 12(5): 513–525.
-  Phanomchoeng, G., Rajamani, R. and Piyabongkarn, D. (2011). Nonlinear observer for bounded Jacobian systems, with applications to automotive slip angle estimation, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 56(5): 1163–1170.
-  Saif, M. (1993). A disturbance accommodating estimator for bilinear systems, IEEE American Control Conference (ACC 93), San Francisco, CA, USA, pp. 945–949.
-  Seliger, R. and Frank, P.M. (1991). Robust component fault detection and isolation in nonlinear dynamic systems using nonlinear unknown input observers, Proceedings of the IFAC/IMACS Symposium SAFEPROCESS, Baden-Baden, Germany, pp. 313–318.
-  Wahlstrom, J. and Eriksson, L. (2011). Modelling diesel engines with a variable-geometry turbocharger and exhaust gas recirculation by optimization of model parameters for capturing non-linear system dynamics, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 225(7): 960–986.
-  Yaz, E. and Azemi, A. (1998). Actuator fault detection and isolation in nonlinear systems using LMIs and LMEs, IEEE American Control Conference (ACC 98), Philadelphia, PA, USA, Vol. 3, pp. 1590–1594.
-  Zemouche, A. and Boutayeb, M. (2009). Sobolev norms-based state estimation and input recovery for a class of nonlinear systems. design and experimental results, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 57(3): 1021–1029.