Interaction between bracing system and moment resisting frame in braced RC frames
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
One of the most suitable choices in design and improvement of reinforced concrete frames is using steel bracings. In this study the results of two experimental models of reinforced concrete frames are investigated. Both frames are designed based on old traditional codes, but one of them is strengthened with steel X-bracing. With respect to experimental results and using ANSYS software, the finite element model related to these frames is made and calibrated, and then nonlinear analyses under additive cyclic static loading are performed. For assessment of interaction between two braced- and bare-frame systems, a new numerical model is developed. The results show considerable interaction effects between two systems in enhancement of seismic characteristics of compound system, especially on increasing of energy damping.
Bibliogr. 20 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
-  A. Ghobarah, H. Abou-Elfath, Rehabilitation of a reinforced concrete frames using eccentric steel bracing, Engineering Structures 23 (2001) 745–755.
-  M.R. Maheri, A. Hadjipour, Experimental investigation and design of steel brace connection to RC frame, Engineering Structures 25 (2003) 1707–1714.
-  S. Kawamata, Q. Masaaki, Strengthening effect of eccentric steel braces to existing reinforced concrete frames, in: Proceedings of the Seventh World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, 1980.
-  E. Del Valle, Some lessons from the March 14 earthquake in Mexico City, in: Proceedings of the Seventh World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, 1980.
-  M. Badoux, J.O. Jirsa, Steel bracing of RC frames for seismic retrofitting, Journal of Structural Engineering-ASCE 116 (1) (1990) 55–74.
-  T. Bush, C. Roach, E. Jones, J.O. Jirsa, Behavior of a strengthened reinforced concrete frame, in: Workshop on Repair and Retrofit of Existing Structures, US–Japan Panel on Wind and Seismic Effects, UJNR, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan, 1987.
-  Lee, H., Goel, S.C. Seismic Behavior of Steel Built-Up Box-Shaped Bracing Members and Their Use in Strengthening Reinforced Concrete Frames UMCE 90-7,The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1990.
-  S.C. Goel, H. Lee, Seismic strengthening of RC structures by ductile steel bracing system, in: Proceedings of the Fourth US National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Palm Springs, Calif., USA, 1990.
-  T.D. Bush, E.A. Jones, J.O. Jirsa, Behavior of RC frame strengthened using structural-steel bracing, Journal of Structural Engineering-ASCE 117 (4) (1991) 1115–1126.
-  M.R. Maheri, P. Memarzadeh, Non Linear analysis of steel-braced concrete frames, in: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Concrete & Development (1ICCD), Tehran, Iran, 2001.
-  A. Rahai, M. Lashgari, Seismic strengthening of nine-story RC building using concentric and buckling-restrained bracing, in: Proceedings of the 31st Conference on Our World in Concrete & Structures, Singapore, 2006.
-  M.A. Youssef, H. Ghaffarzadeh, M. Nehdi, Seismic performance of RC frames with concentric internal steel bracing, Engineering Structures 29 (2007) 1561–1568.
-  H. Ghaffarzadeh, M.R. Maheri, Mechanical compression release device in steel bracing system for retrofitting RC frames, Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration 5 (1) (2006) 151–158.
-  M.R. Maheri, H. Ghaffarzadeh, Connection overstrength in steel-braced RC frames, Engineering Structures 30 (2008) 1938–1948.
-  K.G. Viswanath, K.B. Prakash, D. Anant, Seismic analysis of steel braced reinforced concrete frames, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering 1 (1) (2010) 114–122.
-  A.E. Ozel, E.M. Guneyisi, Effects of eccentric steel bracing systems on seismic fragility curves of mid-rise R/C buildings: a case study, Structural Safety 33 (1) (2011) 82–95.
-  A. Massumi, Behaviour of RC Frames Strengthened by Steel Bracings (Under Lateral Loads), M.Sc. Thesis, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran, 1997 (in Persian).
-  A.A. Tasnimi, A. Massumi, Evaluation of response reinforced concrete frames strengthened with steel bracing, in: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (SEE3), Tehran, Iran, 1999 (in Persian).
-  A.A. Tasnimi, A. Massumi, Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Frames by Steel Bracings, Building and Housing Research Center (BHRC) Tehran, Iran, 2000 (in Persian).
-  A. Massumi, A.A. Tasnimi, Strengthening of low ductile reinforced concrete frames using steel x-bracing with different details, in: Proceedings of the Fourteen World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (14WCEE), Beijing, China, 2008.