The analysis of research results concerning heat release rates of ship materials with regard to dynamic parameters of the research station
Treść / Zawartość
Based on the results of author’s research it was stated that significant differences between heat release rates measured according to ISO 5660-1 and FTP Code Part 5 (Res. A. 653 (16)) are not caused by measurement uncertainties. A basic factor determining the lack of correlation is treating the heat release rate in the category of static measurements in the normalized measurement methods. Taking into account dynamic parameters of the test station allowed the coincidence rate (reproducibility and correlation) of the results of heat release rates measured using different methods to be improved, without changing test stations and procedures. Author’s research performed on 42 materials has revealed that the relative dynamic errors of the heat release rate measurements are significant (2%÷120%). The average value of these changes for the tested group of materials was equal to 39%.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., rys.
- 1. Quantification problems of fire-safety level of marine object. Polish Academy of Sciences, Branch in Gdańsk, Marine Technology Transactions. Vol.16, 2005
- 2. International Code for Application of Fire Test Procedures. International Maritime Organization. London 1998
- 3. ISO 5660 Fire tests - Reaction to fire - Rate of heat release rate from building products (Cone calorimeter method)
- 4. Lyon R.E.: Effect of instrument response time on heat release rate measurement. Fire an materials. vol. 19, 11-17 (1995)
- 5. Vandevelde P.: An evaluation of heat release criteria in reactionto- fire test. Fire an materials. vol. 4, no. 3. 1980
- 6. Blume D., Getka R.: Rate of heat release test – calibration, sensitivity and time constants of ISO RHR apparatus. NORDTEST PROJECT 115-77, PART 1. National Institute for Testing Materials, Statsproveanstalten 1979
- 7. Evans D.D., Breden L.H.: Time delay correction for heat release rate data. Technology 14 85, 1978
- 8. Sychta K.: Comparison analysis of heat release rates from ship materials, and a method for improving measurement accuracy (in Polish). Ph.D. Thesis. Szczecin University of Technology, Faculty of Maritime Technology, Szczecin, October 10, 2006
- 9. Hagel R., Zakrzewski J.: Dynamic measurements (in Polish). WNT Warszawa 1984