The influence of the temperature of tensile test on the structure and plastic properties of copper alloy type CuCr1Zr
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is to determine the influence of temperature of plastic deformation on the structure and mechanical properties of copper alloy of the type CuCr1Zr during a tensile test. Design/methodology/approach: The tensile test of the investigated alloy was realized in the temperature range of 20 ÷ 700° C with strain rate of 1.2 • 10 -3 s -1. Metallographic observations of the structure were carried out on a light microscope and the fractographic investigation of fracture on an electron scanning microscope. Findings: The mechanical properties of alloy as well as the range of occurrence of the Portevin - Le Chatelier phenomenon was determined on the basis of σ - ε curves formed by tensile tests; however the character of fracture during the break of the samples was defined on the basis of fractographic investigations. Practical implications: In result of tensile tests of copper alloy it has been found that the PLC effect occurs in temperature range of 250÷400 ° C. However, the ductility minimum temperature of the alloy equals about 550° C. Originality/value: A correlation of temperature of PLC effect was achieved with a qualitative description of the type of "teething" on the σ - ε curves, compatible with the classification quoted in literature.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., wykr.
-  Z. Sun, C. Laitemb, A. Vincent, Dynamic embrittlement at intermediate temperature in a Cu-Ni-Si alloy, Materials Science Engineering A 477 (2008) 145-152.
-  J.-H. You, M. Miskiewicz, Material parameters of copper and CuCrZr alloy forcyclic plasticity at elevated temperatures, Journal of Nuclear Materials 373 (2008) 269-274.
-  M. Staszewski, Z. M. Rdzawski, A. Wrona, Residual stresses in the strips from copper-based alloys, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 25 (2007)35-38.
-  L. Kommel, I. Hussainova, O. Volobueva, Microstructure and properties development of copper during severe plastic deformation, Materials and Design 28 (2007) 2121-2128.
-  D. J. Edwards, B. N. Singh, S. Tahtinen, Effect of heat treatments on precipitate microstructure and mechanical properties of a CuCrZr alloy, Journal of Nuclear Materials 3 (2007) 904-909.
-  W. Serbiński, B. Majkowska, Microstructure and corrosion properties of the laser treated SUPERSTON alloy, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 18 (2006) 415-418.
-  R. Nowosielski, P. Sakiewicz, J. Mazurkiewicz, Ductility minimum temperature phenomenon in as cast CuNi25 alloy Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006)193-196.
-  J. P. Stobrawa, Z. M. Rdzawski, Deformation behaviour of dispersion hardened nanocrystalline copper, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 153-156.
-  W. Ozgowicz, The relationship between hot ductility and intergranular fracture in a CuSn6P alloy at elevated temperatures, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 162-163 (2005) 392-401.
-  A. Portevin, F. Le Chatelier, Sur un phénomene observé lors de l'essai de traction d'alliages en cours de transformation" Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences Paris T 176 (1923) 507-510.
-  A. H. Cottrell, Dislocations and Plastic Flow in Crystals, Oxford University Press, London, 1953.
-  A. Korbel, Scientific Bulletins of the S. STASZIC University of Mining and Metallurgy, No 474, Metallurgy and Foundry Practice, Bull. 65, The analyses of the non-uniform deformation in the substitutional solid solutions, Cracow, 1974.
-  N. Ranc, D. Wagner, Some aspects of Portevin-Le Chatelier plastic instabilities investigated by infrared pyrometry, Materials Science Engineering A 394 (2005) 87-95.
-  Z. Kovacs, PhD. Thesis, Portevin -Le Chatelier plastic instabilities, Eötcös Loránd Univ., Budapest, 2002.
-  W. Ozgowicz, B. Opeldus, The influence of the chemical composition and temperature of plastic deformation on the Portevin-Le Chatelier effect in tin bronzes, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 129 -132.