Relationship between stream forces and parameters of the powder injection into metal bath
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The pneumatic method of introduction of various powders into ladle or metallurgical furnaces is use because of its many advantages. There are no problems with use of injection lances in electric arc furnaces but in inductive furnaces or ladles, especially big ones the problem of metal flowing out of it may appear. This is the reason why the authors have maiden some experiments which results are presented in the article. Design/methodology/approach: The new lance with a flange was invented and used in powdered material injections experiments. The experimental plan was prepared that contain the most important parameters of pneumatic process. A statistical analysis was made to connect the results of the injection process with its parameters. Findings: The main conclusion is the influence of carrier gas pressure, lance inside diameter and mass concentration of diphase stream on the obtained results. The next one is that changing of the lance geometry could effectively improve the technological parameters of the process and that the new design of the injection lance is prepared properly. Research limitations/implications: The limitations of the results is that the experiments were only the "cold model" ones, without presence of molten metal. The only liquid medium used was water for experiments with stream distance measurement. The nest experiments are planned with injection of powder into laboratory induction furnaces for checking the obtained results. Practical implications: According to the authors, the new lance can be used for introducing a small quantity of the powdered material like modifiers or something like that. Originality/value: The approach to the problem of diphase stream forces and distance of stream in liquid is according to authors' knowledge a new one. The lance with flange proposed for those usage is not present in literature and is an originality too. The paper could be interesting for all interested in problems of melting processes improving.
Bibliogr. 21 poz., il., wykr.
-  K. Janerka, Z. Piątkiewicz, H. Szlumczyk, Review of injection carburizing plants for liquid metal treatment in arc furnaces, Proceedings of the 2nd Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’1993, Gliwice 1993, 126-129.
-  H. Szlumczyk, Z. Piątkiewicz, K. Janerka, Diphase stream resistance of flow on pneumatic conveyor pipeline contraction, Proceedings of the 2nd Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’1993, Gliwice 1993, 215-218.
-  Z. Piątkiewicz, H. Szlumczyk. K. Janerka, Pneumatic conveying in industrial applications, Proceedings of the 1st Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’1992, Gliwice 1992, 167-170.
-  K. Janerka, S. Jura, Z. Piątkiewicz, H. Szlumczyk, Diphase stream parameters influence on carburization rate, Proceedings of the 3rd Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’1994, Gliwice 1994, 155-158 (in Polish).
-  J. Gawroński, M. Cholewa, J. Szajnar, K. Janerka, Method of pneumatic inserting of reinforcing elements to matrix of composite casts, Proceedings of the 8th Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’1999, Gliwice-Rydzyna-Pawłowice-Rokosowo 1999, 217-220.
-  E. Sheepers, J. J. Eksteen, C. Aldrich, Optimisation of the lance injection desulphurization of molten iron using dynamic modeling, Minerals Engineering, 19 (2006) 1163-1173.
-  J. Buchwalder, K. Scheidig, M, Schingnitz, P. Schmole, Results and trends on the injections of plastics and ASR into the blast furnace, Iron and Steel Institute of Japan-ISIJ International, 46, 12 (2006) 1757.
-  D. Senk, H. W. Gudenau, S. Geimer, E. Gorbunova, Dust injection in iron and steel metallurgy, Iron and Steel Institute of Japan-ISIJ International, 46, 12 (2006) 1745.
-  K. Janerka, Parameters of the process in pneumatic liquid metal carburizing, Proceedings of the 12th International Metallurgical & Materials Conference METAL 2003, Hradec nad Moravici, Czech Republic, 2003 (CD-ROM).
-  D. Bartocha, K. Janerka, J. Suchoń, Charge materials and technology of melt and structure of gray cast iron, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 162-163 (2005) 465-470.
-  K. Yamaguchi, Method for simultaneous blow injection of powdered carbon and iron source, Fuel and Energy Abstracts, 39, 1 (1998) 53-53.
-  J. Jezierski, Pneumatic powder injection into liquid alloys as a tool of quality improving, Proceedings of the 13th Metallurgical and Material Conference, 20-22.05.2004 r., Hradec nad Moravici, Czechy, 2004, on CD-ROM.
-  J. Jezierski, K. Janerka, J. Szajnar, Powder injection into liquid alloys as a tool for its quality improving, Archives of Foundry, 18 (1/2), PAN Katowice, 535-540, 2006 (in Polish).
-  J. Jezierski, Possibilities of using the fine ferroalloys fractions in its pneumatic introduction into liquid cast iron, Proceedings of the 12th Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’2003, Gliwice-Zakopane 2003, 415-418 (in Polish).
-  J. Jezierski, J. Szajnar, Method and new lance for powder injection into liquid alloys, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 349-352.
-  J. L. Xia, T. Ahokainen, L. Holappa, Study of flow characteristics in a ladle with top lance injection, International Journal Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics 1 (2001) 178-187.
-  K. Janerka, Parameters in pneumatic recarburization process, Proceedings of the 3rd Scientific Conference on Materials, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering MMME’2005, Gliwice-Wisła (2005) 531-534 (in Polish).
-  K. Janerka, Mechanism of mass exchange in pneumatic recarburization of liquid ferrous metals, Proceedings of the 12th Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering”, AMME’2003, Gliwice-Zakopane 2003, 415-418 (in Polish).
-  B. Guo, P. Zulli, H. Rogers, J. G. Mathieson, A. Yu, Threedimensional simulation of flow and combustion for pulverized coal injection, Iron and Steel Institute of Japan-ISIJ International, 45 (2005) 1272-1281.
-  M. Asanuma, T. Ariyama, M. Sato et al., Development of waste plastics injection process in blast furnace, Iron and Steel Institute of Japan-ISIJ International 40 (2000) 244-251.
-  J. Jezierski, J. Szajnar, Diphase stream forces in pneumatic powder injection into liquid metal, Proceedings of 11th Scientific International Conference on the Contemporary Achievements in Mechanics, Manufacturing and Materials Science CAM3S'2005, Gliwice-Zakopane, 2005, 431-435, (CD-ROM).