Effect of structure on mechanical properties of Cr-Ni-Mo cast steel
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The paper presents evaluation of the influence of refinement as a result of repeated austenitizing, cooling rate after repeated austenitizing on the morphology of hypereutectoid cementite and fracture toughness of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel. Moreover, the elimination of hypereutectoid cementite in structure of Widmannstatten type precipitates from the structure of investigated cast steel has been undertaken. Design/methodology/approach: The heat treatment has been planned on the basis of CCT diagram prepared for that cast steel. Basic research of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel included metallographic analysis and fracture toughness research (impact strength, stress intensity factor K Ic and of course hardness). Findings: The test material has been G200CrMoNi4-6-3 hypereutectoid cast steel. Heat treatment of investigated cast steel allows to refine the grain and eliminate from it's structure the hypereutectoid cementite in structure of Widmannstatten type. At very low cooling rate the precipitates of hypereutectoid cementite become partially coagulated. The study of the influence of cooling rate on the mechanical properties of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel had proven that elimination of hypereutectoid cementite in structure of Widmannstatten type from the investigated cast steel structure to small degree increases it's fracture toughness. Research limitations/implications: The new heat treatment of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel. Practical implications: G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel of ledeburite class is used mainly for rolls production. Any data related to the structure and mechanical properties of that cast steel are precious for the manufacturers and users of the mill rolls. Originality/value: The new heat treatment (annealing) and mechanical properties of G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., il., wykr.
-  J. Głownia, Metallurgy and foundry engineering, Kraków-Koninki, XX, 1987, 215-220 (in Polish).
-  A. Barbacki, M. Kawalec, A. Hamrol, Turning and grinding as a source of microstructural changes in the surface layer of hardened steel, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 133 (2003) 21-25.
-  A. Barbacki, M. Kawalec, Structural alterations in the surface layer during hard machining, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 64 (1997) 33-39.
-  Z. Stradomski, A. Pirek, S. Stachura, P. Chmielowiec, The effect of the Mount of primary carbides on the wear resisitence of the G200CrMoNi4-6-3 cast steel, Materials Engineering 3 (2004) 20-23.
-  J. Krawczyk, J. Pacyna, A. Kokosza, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference for Mesomechanics „Multiscaling in Applied Science and Emerging Technology-Fundamentals and Applicatis in Mesomechanics”, Patras, Greece (2004) 203-207.
-  J. Pacyna, J. Krawczyk, Effect of heat treatment upon ledeburite transformed morphology in proeutectoid cast steel, Proceedings of the 10th International Scientific Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering” AMME’2001, Gliwice-Kraków-Zakopane, 2001, 429-434.
-  J. Krawczyk, J. Pacyna, The rolle of transformed ledeburite in high temperature tribology on the example of adamite rolls, Proceedings of the 11th International Scientific Conference on Contemporary Achievements in Mechanics, Manufacturing and Materials Science CAM3S’2005, Gliwice-Zakopane 2005, 535-540.
-  M. Durand-Charre, Microstructure of Steels and Cast Irons, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 2004.
-  Steel-A Handbook for Materials Research and Engineering, V1, Fundamentals, VDE, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York-London-Paris 2004.
-  J. Krawczyk, E. Rożniata, J. Pacyna, The influence of hypereutectoid cementite morphology upon fracture toughness of chromium-nickel-molybdenum cast steel of ledeburite class, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 162-163 (2005) 336-341.
-  E. Skrzypczak, J. Pacyna, The influence of heat treatment on Widmannstätten structure in cast steel, XXXI School of Materials Engineering, Kraków-Krynica 7-10 (2003) 187-193 (in Polish).
-  E. Rożniata, J. Pacyna, Hypereutectoid cementite morphology and mechanical properties of Cr-Ni-Mo cast steel, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 145-148.
-  J. Pacyna, A. Mazur, The influence of grain size upon the fracture toughness of the hot-work tool steel, Scandinavian Journal of Metallurgy 12 (1983) 22-28.
-  J. Pacyna, A. Mazur, Relationship between the grain size and fracture toughness of tool steel, Steel Research 57 (1986) 577-585.
-  A. P. Gulajev, Discussion of methods of account susceptibility of metals and alloys to brittle fracture, Zawodskaja Laboratoria (Industry Laboratory) 4 (1967) 473-475 (in Russian).