Introduction of new ecologically safe material for fusible elements of low voltage fuses
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: In European Union countries the legalisation forbids the production, processing and use of cadmium. By January 2008 at the latest, all articles and products containing cadmium will either have to be withdrawn from sale or an appropriate substitute for this heavy metal will have to be found. Design/methodology/approach: The present technology of production of fuses in Slovenian firm ETI Elektroelement, and the action thereof are adapted to the existing ecologically harmful alloy of tin and cadmium SnCd20, which ought to be replaced by one or more ecologically safe alloys with technological and application properties as similar as possible to the existing ones. Findings: In the frame of the presented investigation work we have found that practically all stated problems can be successfully solved by the low melting alloy of tin, bismuth and antimony named ETI-Sn-Bi-Sb. Research limitations/implications: Alloy ETI-Sn-Bi-Sb is ecologically safe, and by its technical and physical properties (melting point, conductivity, wettability) corresponds to the requirements of the use for fusible elements of low voltage fuses. Practical implications: Practical implications of our common work is in the introduction of new ecologically safe material for fusible elements, without cadmium in the existing technology of low voltage fuses. Originality/value: High value and originality and of our engineering work is confirmed by European Union patent and two Slovenian national patents for the ecologically safe low melting alloy named ETI-Sn-Bi-Sb, which received authors of this paper and Slovenian firm ETI Elektroelement.
Bibliogr. 23 poz., il., wykr.
-  L. S. Jawahir, O. W. Dillon Jr., K. E. Rouch, K. J. Joshi, A. Venkatachalam, I. H. Jaafar, Total Life-Cycle considerations in product design for sustainability, Proceedings of the 10th International Research/Expert Conference „Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology” TMT 2006, Barcelona-Lloret de Mar, 2006, 1-10.
-  R. Nowosielski, A. Kania, M. Spilka, Development of ecomaterials and materials technology, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 21 (2007) 27-30.
-  E. Abele, R. Anderl, H. Birkhofer, Environmental-friendly product development-Methods and Tools, Springer Verlag, London, 2005.
-  M. Harsch, M. Schuckert, P. Eyerer, K. Saur, Life-Cycle Assessment, Advanced Materials and Processes 149 6 (1996) 43-46.
-  B. Kosec, M. Bizjak, L. Kosec, V. Martincic, Introduction of ecologically sound materials for fusible elements of low voltage fuses, Quality 2005, Conference Proceedings, Fojnica, 2005, 571-578.
-  J. Kovac, M. Koprivsek, The phenomena controlling the melting phase of a fuse element during a break, Materials and Technology 38 1-2 (2004) 123-128.
-  P. Gramatyka, R. Nowosielski, P. Sakiewicz, Recycling of waste electrical and electronic equipment, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 20 (2007) 535-538.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, J. Mikuła, D. Pakuła, J. Kopac, M. Sokovic, Cutting properties of the ceramic tool materials based on Si3N4 and Al2O3 coated with PVD and CVD process, Proceedings of the 12th Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering” AMME’2003, Gliwice-Zakopane, 2003, 249-252.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, Technical and economical issues of materials selection, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, 1997.
-  G. Humpston, D. M. Jacobson, Principles of soldering and brazing, ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio, 1993.
-  G. Lojen, I. Anzel, A. C. Kneissl, A. Krizman, E. Unterweger, B. Kosec, M. Bizjak, Microstructure of rapid solidified Cu-Al-Ni shape memory alloy ribbons, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 162 15 (2005) 220-229.
-  Alloy Phase Diagrams, ASM International Handbook Vol. 3, Materials Park, Ohio, 1992.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, Synergetic effects of the scientific cooperation in the field of materials and manufacturing engineering, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 15 (2006) 9-20.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, Significance of materials science for the future development of societes, Journal of Materials Processing Technoogy 173 (2006) 133-148.
-  R. Nowosielski, A. Zajdel, Recycling’s technology, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 21 (2007) 85-88.
-  L. Kosec, B. Kosec, M. Bizjak, Introduction of alloy ETISn-Bi-Sb, Technical Report, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Naural Sciences and Engineering, Ljubljana, 2005 (in Slovene).
-  R. Rudolf, T. Z. Hartner, New dental alloy for porcelain technics, IRT3000, 1 4 (2006) 40-41 (in Slovene).
-  M. Sokovic, K. Mijanovic, Ecological aspects of the cutting fluids and its influence on quantifable parameters of the cutting process, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 109 (2001) 181-189.
-  Z. Kampus, Tool for extrussion low melting alloys, Technical Report, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Ljubljana, 2005.
-  L. Kosec, M. Bizjak, B. Kosec, V. Martincic, Low melting alloy of tin, Bismuth, and Antimony for Fusible Elements of Low Voltage Fuses, RS, Ministrstvo za gospodarstvo, Urad RS za intelektualno lastnino, Patent No. 21705 and Patent No. 21706, 2005 (in Slovene).
-  L. Kosec, M. Bizjak, B. Kosec, V. Martincic, Low melting alloy of tin, Bismuth, and Antimony for Fusible Elements of Low Voltage Fuses, European Patent Office, Patent No. 04468014.8, Munich, 2005.
-  B. Kosec, Z. Kampus, L. Kosec, F. Kosel, Macroscopic modelling and simulation of two-phase copper matrix materials subjected to tensile deformation, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 15 (2006) 114-119.
-  B. Kosec, M. Sokovic, L. Kosec, M. Bizjak, Z. Kampus, Case of introduction of new ecologically safe material, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 17 (2006) 85-88.