Structure and properties of the gradient tool materials of unalloyed steel matrix reinforced with HS6-5-2 high-speed steel
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The goal of this work is to obtain the gradient materials based on the non-alloyed steel reinforced highspeed steel using the pressureless formed method. Design/methodology/approach: The non-alloyed steel was fabricated by mixing iron powders with graphite. The unalloyed steel contains 0.5% carbon. The pressureless powder forming was used for manufacturing the materials. Findings: It was found out, basing on the hardness tests, that the layer built of steel without any alloy elements demonstrates very low hardness in comparison with the transition layer and the HS6-5-2 high-speed layer. It was also found, that the density rises with increasing temperature. The portion of pores in the particular layers of the gradient materials decreases along with the carbon concentration increase in particular layers. Practical implications: The material presented in this paper has layers, at one side consisting of the nonalloy steel with hardness growing with the increase of carbon content, and at other side the high-speed steel, characterized by a high ductility. Developed material is tested for turning tools. Originality/value: A forming methods were developed for high-speed and non-alloy steel powders, making it possible to obtain materials with three layers in their structure. Investigations included determining the sintering conditions, especially the temperature and treatment cycle, as well as examining selected mechanical properties.
Bibliogr. 15 poz., il., wykr.
- Division of Materials Processing Technology, Management and Computer Techniques in Materials Science, Institute of Engineering Materials and Biomaterials, Silesian University of Technology, ul. Konarskiego 18a, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland, email@example.com
-  K. Ichikawa, Functionally Graded Materials in the 21st Centary A Workshop on Trends and Forecasts, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.
-  M. B. Bever, P. F. Duwez: Gradients in composite materials, Materials Science and Engineering 10 (1972) 1-8.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, A. Kloc, G. Matula, J. M. Contreras, J. M. Torralba, The impact of production methods on the structure and properties of gradient tool materials of unalloyed steel matrix reinforced with HS6-5-2 high-speed steel, Proceedings of th 11th International Scientific Conference on the Contemporary „Achievements in Mechanics, Manufacturing and Materials Science” CAM3S’2005, Gliwice-Zakopane, 2005, 223-229.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, A. Kloc, G. Matula, J. Domagała, J. M. Torralba: Effect of carbon concentration on structure and properties of the gradient tool materials, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, 17 (2006) 45-48.
-  A. Kloc, L. A. Dobrzański, G. Matula, J. M. Torralba, Effect of manufacturing methods on structure and properties of the gradient tool materials with the non-alloy steel matrix reinforced with the HS6-5-2 type high-speed steel, International Conference on Processing & Manufacturing of Advanced Materials, Processing, Fabrication, Properties, Applications THERMEC’2006, Vancouver-Canada, 2749-2754, (CD-ROM).
-  L. A. Dobrzański, G. Matula, G. Herranz, A. Várez, B. Levenfeld, J. M. Torralba, Injection Moulding of HS12-1-5-5 high-speed using a PW-HDPE based binder, Proceedings of the 12th Scientific International Conference „Achievements in Mechanical and Materials Engineering” AMME’2003, Gliwice-Zakopane, 2003, 237-240.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, G. Matula, A. Várez, B. Levenfeld, J. M. Torralba, Structure and properties of the heat_treated High-Speed Steel HS6-5-2 and HS12-1-5-5 produced by Injection Molding Process, Materials Science Forum 437-438 (2003) 133-136.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, G. Matula, A. Várez, B. Levenfeld, J. M. Torralba, Structure and mechanical properties of HSS HS6-5-2 and HS12-1-5-5 type steel produced by power injection moulding process, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 157-158 (2004) 658-668.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, G. Matula, B. Levenfeld, A. Várez, J. M. Torralba, Influence of heat-treatment on structure and properties of the HS6-5-2 and HS12-1-5-5 high-speed steels produced by PIM process, 7th International Research/Expert Conference „Trends in the Development of Machinery and Associated Technology” TMT’2003, Lloret de Mar, Barcelona, Spain (2003) 185-188.
-  L. A. Dobrzański, G. Matula, A. Várez, B. Levenfeld, J. M. Torralba, Structures and chemical compositions of primary carbides in HS6-5-2 and HS12-1-5-5-high speed steels manufactured with PIM method, 10th International Conference on Composities/Nano Enfineering (ICEE), New Orleans, 2003, 147-148.
-  E. C. Lee, C. Y. Nian, Y. S. Tarng, Design of a dynamic vibration absorber against vibrations in turning operations, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 108 (2001) 278-285.
-  N. Khattab, J. M. Torralba, E. Gordo, V. Trabadelo, I. Iturriza, Development of HCxO stainless steel-based materials for its application as valve seat inserts in diesel engines, Proceedings EuroPM2003, Valencia-Spain, 2003, 225-231.
-  G. Matula, L. A. Dobrzański, A. Várez, B. Levenfeld, J. M. Torralba, Sintering under different atmosphere of T15 and M2 HSS produced by a modified MIM process, „Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies” AMPT01”, Leganes-Madrid-Spain, 2001, 758-761.
-  A. Varez, B. Levenfeld, J. M. Torralba, G. Matula, L. A. Dobrzański, Sintered in different atmospheres of T15 and M2 high speed steels produced by modified metal injection moulding process, Materials Science and Engineering 366 (2004) 318-324.
-  J. Wessel, The Handbook of Advanced Materials: Enabling New Designs, Materials Technology Series, 2004.