Analysis of Oscillations of Vehicle Suspension with Magnetorheological Dampers
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
International Conference on Modelling and Simulation of the Friction Phenomena in the Physical and Technical Systems "FRICTION 2008" (5 ; 31.05-1.06.2008 ; Warsaw, Poland) ; French-Polish Seminar of Mechanics (16 ; 31.05-1.06.2008 ; Warsaw, Poland)
Analysis of vehicle's vibrations, modelled by a two-degree-of-freedom system, is presented in this paper. The suggested quarter-car model is investigated in two variants: (I) with a conventional suspension composed of a linear spring and a bilinear damper, (II) a system with semi-active suspension, realized by magnetorheological damper (MR). For description of MR damping force, as functions of velocity and input current Bouc-Wen model is used. An open loop control, based on abstract sky-hook and ground-hook models and MR damping, is used for a vehicle oscillations reduction. Obtained vehicle body acceleration, a suspension deflection and a tyre displacement are compared for two considered variants of suspension. Advantages of semi-active vehicle suspension are emphasised.
Bibliogr. 9 poz., wykr.
- Choi, S.B., Lee, S.K., Park, Y.P., 2001, A hysteresis model for the field-dependent damping force of a magnetorheological damper, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 245(2), 375-383.
- Fischer, D., Isermann, R., 2004, Mechatronic semi-active and active vehicle suspensions, Control Engineering Practice, 12, 1353-1367.
- Liu, Y., Waters, T.P., Brennan, M.J., 2005, A comparison of semi-active damping control strategies for vibration isolation of harmonic disturbances, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 280, 21-39.
- Sapiński, B., Martynowicz, P., 2005, Vibration control in a pitch-plane suspension model with MR shock absorbers, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 43(3), 655-674.
- Spencer, B.F. Jr., Dyke, S.J., Sain, M.K., Carlson, J.D., 1997, Phenomenological model for a magnetorheological damper, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, American Society of Civil Engineers, 123, 230.
- Tang, D., Gavin, H.P., Dowell, E.H., 2004, Study of airfoil gust response alleviation usin; an electro-magnetic dry friction damper, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 269, 853-874.
- Verros, G., Georgiou, G., Natsiavas, S., 2005a, Multi-objective optimization of quarter-car models with linear or piecewise linear suspension dampers, ASME International Desigi and Information in Engineering Conference, Long Beach.
- Verros, G., Natsiavas, S., Papadimitriou, C., 2005b, Desing optimization of Quarter-car models with passive and semi-active suspensions under random road extitation, Journal of Vibration and Control, 11, 581-606.
- Yau, G.Z., Yap, F.F, Chen, G., Li, W.H., Leo, S.H., 2002, MR damper and its applicationn for semi-active control of vehicle suspension system, Mechatronics, 12, 963-973. ISO-2631.