Medical Telemetry System for Monitoring and Localization of Patients : Functional Model and Algorithms for Biosignals Processing
Treść / Zawartość
The article presents the concept of hospital telemetric system. The goal of the project is a model of early warning systems for patients outside intensive care wards. Proposed system is based on constant telemetric monitoring using objective physiological parameters. Using low-distance sensor network which covers body of a patient, so-called BAN (Body Area Network) is the main innovation of the project. Some preliminary results of ECG analysis and interpretation modules and units of proposed system will be presented.
Bibliogr. 36 poz., il., wykr.
-  L. T. Kohn, To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System. Washington DC: National Academy Press, 2000.
-  P. McQuillan, “Confidential inquiry into quality of care before admission to intensive care,” BMJ, vol. 316, pp. 1853-1858, 1998.
-  “Going mobile: From eHealth to mHealth, a Daou systems white paper,” April 2001.
-  R. Bellomo, “A prospective before-and-after trial of a medical emergency team,” The Medical Journal of Australia, vol. 173, pp. 257-263, 2003.
-  P. E. Ross, “Managing care through the air,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 26-31, 2004.
-  E. Callaway, Wireless Sensor Networks: Architectures and Protocols. CRC Press, 2004.
-  M. Miyazaki, “The future of e-health wired or not wired,” in Science of Computer Programming, 2003.
-  C. May, T. Finch, F. Mair, and M. Mort, “Towards a wireless patient: Chronic illness, scare care and technological innovation in the UK,” Social Science & Medicine, vol. 61, pp. 1485-1494, 2005.
-  A. Dwivedi, “The efficacy of the m-health paradigm: incorporating technological, organizational and managerial perspectives,” in International Conference on Telemedicine, Bari, 2003, pp. 15-32.
-  R. Haux, “Health, information systems - past, present, future,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 75, pp. 268-281, 2006.
-  C. Pattichis and E. Kiriacou, “Wireless telemedicine systems: an overview,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 44, pp. 143-157, 2004.
-  M. Biemer and J. Hampe, “A mobile medical monitoring system: Concept, design and deployment,” in IEEE Conference on Mobile Business, 2005, pp. 37-42.
-  S. Park and S. Jayaraman, “Enhancing the quality of life through wearable technology,” in IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, 2003, pp. 41-48.
-  B. Firoozbakhsh and N. Sungmee, “Wireless communication of vital signs using the Georgia Tech wearable motherboard,” in IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society Conference, 2000, pp. 1253-1256.
-  Y. Lin and I. Jan, “A wireless PDA-based physiological monitoring system for patient transport,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 8, 2004, pp. 439-445.
-  M. Fadlee and B. Wood, “Bluetooth telemedicine processor for multichannel biomedical signal transmission via mobile cellular network,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 9, 2005, pp. 35-42.
-  C. Salvador and M. Carrasco, “Airmed-cardio: A GSM and internet services-based system for out-of-hospital follow-up of cardiac patients,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 9, 2005, pp. 73-85.
-  H. Marin, “Improving patient safety with technology,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 73, pp. 543-546, 2004.
-  N. Maglevaras and I. Chuovarda, “The citizen health system (CHS): a modular medical contact center providing quality telemedicine services,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 9, 2005, pp. 353-361.
-  E. Kafeza, D. Chiu, and C. Chueng, “Alerts in mobile healthcare applications: requirements and pilot study,” in IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 8, 2004, pp. 173-178.
-  J. A. Milliken, H. Pipberger, and H. V. Pipberger, “The impact of an ECG computer analysis program on the cardiologist’s interpretation. A cooperative study,” Journal of Electrocardiology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 141-149, 1983.
-  T. S. K. Endou, H. Miyahara, “Clinical usefulness of computer diagnosis in automated electrocardiography,” Cardiology, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 174-89, 1980.
-  E. Czogała and J. Łęski, “Application of entropy and energy measures of fuzziness to processing of ECG signal,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 97, pp. 9-18, 1998.
-  O. Pahlm and L. Sornmo, “Data processing of exercise ECG signal,” in IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 34, 1987, pp. 158-165.
-  J. Knopfmacher, “On measures of fuzziness,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 49, pp. 529-534, 1975.
-  A. H. Kadish, “ACC/AHA clinical competence on electrocardiography,” Journal of American College of Cardiology, vol. 38, pp. 2091-2099, 2001.
-  P. Rautaharju, “The novacode criteria for classification of ecg abnormalities and their clinically significant progression and regression,” Journal of Electrocardiology, vol. 31, pp. 157-187, 1998.
-  C. ShihHeng and H. ChingYao, “Power model for wireless body area network,” in Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference, 2008.
-  M. Sukor, S. H. S. Ariffin, N. Fisal, S. K. S. Yusof, and A. Abdallah, “Performance study of wireless body area network in medical environment,” in First Asia International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2008, pp. 202-206.
-  W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan, “Energy efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Hawaii International Conference System Sciences Maui, 2000, p. January.
-  W. Ye, J. Heidemann, and D. Estrin, “An energy-efficient MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Twenty-First Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, 2002, pp. 1567-1576.
-  B. Latre, B. Braem, I. Moerman, C. Blondia, E. Reusens, W. Joseph, and P. Demeester, “A low-delay protocol for multihop wireless body area networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Computing, Networking and Services, 2007, pp. 1-8.
-  T. van Dam and K. Langendoen, “An adaptive energy-efficient MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, Los Angeles, California, USA, November 2003, pp. 171-180.
-  Y. Liang, A. Roychoudhury, and T. Mitra, “Timing analysis of body area network application,” in 7th International Workshop on Worst-Case Execution Time Analysis, 2007.
-  D. Bright, “Outreach - a strategy for improving the care of the acutely ill hospitalized patient,” Critical Care, vol. 8, pp. 33-40, 2004.
-  P. Gualdiero, “Clinical features, anthropometric characteristics, and racial influences on the white coat effect in a single centre cohort of 1553 consecutive subjects undergoing routine ambulatory blood pressure monitoring,” Blood Press Monit, vol. 5, pp. 53-57, 2000.