Identification of Nonlinear Viscoelastic Properties of the "Panama" Fabric
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
French-Polish Seminar on Mechanics ; 14. ; International Conference on Modelling and Simulation of the Friction Phenomena in the Physical and Technical Systems "FRICTION 2006" ; 4. (5.06.2006 ; Warsaw, Poland)
Technical fabric "Panama", manufactured by Sattler Company (Germany), exhibits some nonlinear behaviour including the viscoelastic effects, during the long-term experiments. On the basis of uniaxial creep-recovery laboratory tests, conducted for five different stress levels from 10% to 50% of the ultimate force declared by the producer, an attempt on the nonlinear viscoelastic identification of the fabric properties was made. The Schapery one-integral model of nonlinear viscoelasticity was applied as the constitutive relation, describing material's behaviour in inelastic range. The power law time function was assumed to represent the transient component of the linear creep compliance. For each stress level the same procedure of the parameters identification was conducted, using the least squares method in the Levenberg-Marquardt variant. As the considered material has two thread families, warp and weft, weaved perpendicularly one to another, calculations were carried out for each thread direction individually. Results of the identification were verified and compared to the experiments' data. Good agreement between the nonlinear model representation and the tests' data of the examined technical fabric was obtained. Some remarks upon further research were included.
Bibliogr. 11 poz., wykr.
- Engineer Handbook, Textiles, 1978, WNT, Warsaw (in Polish).
- Findley, W. N., Lai, J. S., Onaran, K., 1976, Creep and relaxation of nonlinear viscoelastic materials, North-Holland, Amsterdam-New York-Oxford.
- Lou, Y. C., Schapery, R. A., 1971, Viscoelastic characterization of a nonlinear fiber-reinforced plastic, J. Compos. Mater., 5, 208-234.
- Papanicolaou, G. C., Zaoutsos, S. P., Cardon, A. H., 1999a, Further development of a data reduction method for the nonlinear viscoelastic characterization of FRPs, Compos. Part A, 30, 839-848.
- Papanicolaou, G. C., Zaoutsos, S. P., Cardon, A. H., 1999b, Prediction of the non-linear viscoelastic response of unidirectional fiber composites, Compos. Sci. Technol., 59, 1311-1319.
- PN EN ISO 1421:2001, Rubber or plastic-coated Fabrics - Determination of tensile strength and elongation at break (ISO 1421:1998) (in Polish).
- Schapery, R. A., 1966, An engineering theory of nonlinear viscoelasticity with applications, Int. J. Solids Struct., 2, 407-425.
- Schapery, R. A., 1969, On the characterization of nonlinear viscoelastic materials, Polym. Eng. Sci., 9, 295-310.
- Strganac, T. W., Golden, H. J., 1996, Predictions of nonlinear viscoelastic behavior using a hybrid approach, Int. J. Solids Struct., 33, 4561-4570.
- Touati, D., Cederbaum, G., 1998, Postbuckling of non-linear viscoelastic imperfect laminated plates. Part I: material considerations, Compos. Struct., 42, 33-41.
- Zagubień, A., 2002, Laboratory tests and identification of inelastic properties of coated fabric "Panama", PhD thesis, Technical University, Koszalin (in Polish).