The concept of the tractor powered by biodiesel and biogas
Treść / Zawartość
Agriculture farms, especially animal farms consume a lot of energy. They also have big potential to produce energy by themselves. The production of biogas and its efficient utilisation could meet the need for fuel and energy. The production of biogas on a farm and its utilisation as a fuel could improve its energetic balance and safe some money. The paper describes the possible way of utilisation of upgraded manure biogas as a fuel for compression ignition engine, which is adopted for dual fuelling. The engine is going to be fuelled with vegetable oil ester and biogas produced directly on animal farm. Some calculation of fuel consumption of both fuels and analysis of possible changes of combustion process for dual fuelling mode are presented. There is also described the concept of adaptation of CI engine for agriculture tractor to dual fuelling with vegetable oil ester and biogas. In Poland, there are about 1300 caw farms, 3000 pig farms and about 3500 chicken farms. Taking into account that the production of biogas is efficient and give some profit for minimum 100 caws, 500 pigs or 5000 chickens in the farm, there is together about 7800 farms where production of biogas could be profitable . At the end of 2009 there were only 126 installation for biogas production and they produce 70.88 MW of energy. Biogas is one of the most promising sources of renewable energy because the efficiency of conversion of biomass into fuel is relatively high.
Bibliogr. 8 poz., rys.
-  Bocheński, C., Bocheńska, A., Ocena zasobów ropy naftowej i perspektywy jej substytucji biopaliwami, MOTROL, 2008.
-  Pawlak, G., Możliwości zasilania silnika paliwami wytwarzanymi z odpadów z produkcji żywności, Zeszyty Naukowe Instytutu Pojazdów, 2/2011.
-  www.globenergia.pl/biomasa/145-wykorzystanie-biogazu-do-produkcji-energii-w-polsce.html
-  GM Well-to-wheel studie, Ergebnisse Und Schlusse, 2003.
-  Biomethane from Dairy Waste - A Sourcebook for the Production and Use of Renewable Natural Gas in California, 2005.
-  AVL BOOST Version 2010, User guide, AVL, 2010.
-  AVL BOOST Version 2010, Theory, AVL, 2010.
-  Pawlak, G. The concept of dual fuel highly efficient internal combustion engine, SAE 2010- 01-1480.