Evaluation of the Shunt Active Power Filter apparent power ratio using particle swarm optimization
Treść / Zawartość
The main objective of this present paper is the study of the Shunt Active Power Filter (APF) compensations capability for different perturbations in AC power system such as current unbalance, phase shift current and undesired harmonics generated by nonlinear load and/or by the power system voltage. This capability is determined by the maximum rate of the apparent power that can be delivered. This study is based on the definition of the effective apparent power as defined in IEEE 1459-2000 which was proved to be the suitable amount to be concerned in the design process of different devices.
Bibliogr. 52 poz., rys, tab., wzory
-  C. Y. LEE, B. K. CHEN, W. J. LEE and Y. F. Hsu: Effets of various unbalanced voltages on the operation performane of an induction motor under the same voltage unbalnce factor ondition. Annual Meeting, IEEE, (1997), 51-59.
-  A. K. JINDAL, A. GHOSH and A. JOSHI: The protection of sensitive loads from inter-harmonic currents using shunt/series active filters. Electric Power Systems Research, 73 (2005), 187-196.
-  G. W. CHANG and C. M. YEH: Optimisation-based strategy for shunt active power filter control under non-ideal supply voltages. lEE Proceedings Electric Power Ap-plications, 152(2), (2005), 182-190.
-  S. GEORGE ann V. AGARWAL: A DSP based optimal algorithm for shunt active filter under nonsinusoidal supply and unbalanced load conditions. IEEE Trans. On Power Electronics, 22 (2007), 593-601.
-  M. MONTERO, E. R. CADAVAL and F. GONZALEZ: Comparison of control strategies for shunt active power filters in three-phase four-wire systems.JEEE Trans. On Power Electronics, 22 (2007), 229-236.
-  T. C. GREEN and J. H. MARKS: Control techniques for active power filters. IEE Proceedings Electric Power Applications, 152(2), (2005), 369-381.
-  M. TAVAKOLI BINA and E. PASHAJAV D: An efficient procedure to design passive LCL-filters for active power filters. Electric Power Systems Research. 79 (2009), 606-614.
-  G. A. CONWAY and K.I. JONES: Harmonic currents produced by variable speed drives with uncontrolled rectifier inputs. Proc. lEE Colloq. Three-Phase LV Ind. Supplies: Harmonic Pollution Recent Develop. Remedies, (1993), 4/1-4/5.
-  M. GROTZBACH and J. XU: Noncharacteristic line current harmonics in diode rectifier bridges produced by network symmetries. Proc. Euro. Power Electron. Conf , (1993), 64-69.
-  M. BAUTA and M. GROTZBACH: Noncharacteristic line harmonics of AC/DC converters with high DC current ripple. IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 15 (2000), 1060-1066.
-  S.-G. JEONG and J.-Y. CHot: Line current characteristics of three-phase uncontrolled rectifiers under line voltage unbalance condition. IEEE Trans. on Power electronics, 17(6), (2002), 935-945.
-  C. N. S OUTO, J.C. DE OLIVEIRA, P.F. RIBEIRO and L.M. NETo: Power quality impact on performance and associated osts of three-phase inction motors. Proc.Harmonis and Quality of Power, 2 (1998), 791-797.
-  J. SVENSSON and A. SANNINO: Ative filtering of supply voltage with seriesconnected voltage soure inverter. EPE, Grazl, (2001).
-  H. AKAGI, Y. KANAZAWA 'RM AND A. NABEA: Generalized theory of the instantaneous reactive power in three-phase circuits. IPEC'83, Int. Power Electronics Cant:, Tokyo, Japan, (1983), 1375-1386.
-  H. AKAGI, Y. KANAZAWA and A. NABEA: Istanteneous reactive power compensators comprising switching devices without energy storage components. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 14-20 (1984).
-  V. M. MORENO, A. P. LOPEZ and R. I. D. GARCIAS: Reference current estimation under distorted line voltage for control of Shunt Active Power Filters. IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, 19(4), (2004).
-  W. LONGHUI, Z. FANG, Z. PENG BO, L. HONGYU and W. ZHAOAN: Study on the influence of supply-voltage fluctuation on Shunt Active Power Filter. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 22(3), (2007).
-  M. A. E. ALALI, S. SAADATE and Y. A. CHAPUIS: Energetic study of a series active power conditioner compensating voltage dips, unbalanced voltage and voltage harmonis. IEEE-IEP-2000, Aapulo, Mexio, (2000), 80-86.
-  M. A. E. ALALI, S. SAADATE and Y. A. HAPUIS: Control and analysis of series and Shunt Active Power Filters with SABER. IPEC , Tokyo, Japan, (2000), 1467-1472.
-  H. WATANABE and M. AREDES: New concepts of instantaneous active and reactive powers in electrical systems with generic loads. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 8(2), (1993).
-  H. AKAGI: Trend in active power line conditioners. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., 9(3), (1994), 263-268.
-  H. AKAGI and A. NABAE: Control strategy of active power filters using multiple voltage source PWM converters. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., IA-22 (1986), 460-465.
-  A. OMEIRI, A. HADDOUCHE, L. ZELLOUMA and S. SAAD: A three-phase shunt active power filter for currents harmonics suppression and reactive power compensation. Asian Inform. Technol., 5(12), (2006), 1454-1457.
-  S. SAAD and L. ZELLOUMA: Fuzzy logic controller for three-level shunt active filter compensating harmonics and reactive power. Electric Power Systems Research, 79 (2009), 1337-1341.
-  B. SINGH, K. AL-HADDAD and A. CHANDRA: Review of active filters for power quality improvement. IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, 46(5), (1999), 960-971
-  P. ZANCHETTA, M. SUMNER, M. MARINELLI and F. CUPERTINO: Experimental modeling and control design of shunt active power filters. Control Engineering Practice, 17 (2009), 1126-1135.
-  J. L. WILLEMS, J. A. GHIJSELEN and A. E. EMANUEL: The apparent power concept and the IEEE standard 1459-2000. IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, 20(2), (2005), 876-884.
-  Definitions for the measurement of electric quantities under sinusoidal, nonsinusoidal, balanced or unbalanced conditions. IEEE Std. 1459-2000, 2000.
-  A. E. EMANUEL: Reflections on the effective voltage concept. Proc. 6111 hit. Workshop on Power Definitions, Milano, Italy, (2003), 1-7.
-  J. L. WILLEMS, J. A. GHIJSELEN, A. E. EMANUEL: Addendum to the apparent power concept and the IEEE Standard 1459-2000. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 20(2), (2005).
-  S. PAJIC and A. E. EMANUEL: A comparison among apparent power definitions. IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, (2006).
-  S. PAJIC and A. E. EMANUEL: Modern apparent power definitions: Theoretical versus practical approach - The general case. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 21(4), (2006).
-  A. Kouzou, B. S. KHALDI, M. O. MAHMOUDI and M. S. BOUCHERIT: Shunt Active Power Filter apparent power for design process. SPEEDAM 2008, Ischia. Italy, (2008), 1402-1408.
-  A. KouzoU, B. S. KHALDI, M. O. MAHMOUDI and M. S. BOUCHERIT: The effect of the zero sequence component on the evaluation of the series APF apparent power. ICEEE 2008, Okinawa, Japan, (2008).
-  A. Kouzou, B. S. KHALDI, M. O. MAHMOUDI and M. S. BOUCHERIT: Apparent power evaluation of series active power filter with recent definitions. IEEE SSD'08, Amman, Jordan, (2008).
-  G. MOLEYKUTTY and K.P. B ASU: Modeling and control of three-phase Shunt Active Power Filter. American Journal of Applied Sciences, 5(8), (2008), 1064-1070.
-  A. E. EMANUEL: Summary of IEEE Standard 1459: Definitions for the measurement of Electric Power Quantities under sinusoidal, nonsinusoidal, balanced or unbalanced conditions. IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., 40(3), (2004), 869-876.
-  S. PAJIC and A. E. EMANUEL: Modern apparent power definitions: Theoretical versus practical approach - The general case. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 21(4), (2006), 1787-1792.
-  S. PAJIC and A. E. EMANUEL Effect of neutral path power losses on the apparent power definitions: A preliminary study. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 24(2), (2009), 517-523.
-  J. KENNEDY and R. EBERHART: Particle swarm optimization. Proc. of the IDEE Int. Conf on Neural Networks, Piscataway, NJ, (1995), 194201948.
-  R. EBERHART: A new optimizer using particle swarm theory. Proc. of the Sixth Int. Symp. on Micro Machine and Human Science, (1995), 39-43.
-  J. KENNEDY: The particle swarm: social adaptation of knowledge. IEEE Int. Coq: on Evolutionary Computation, (1997), 303-308.
-  Y. SHI and R. EBERHART: A modified particle swarm optimizer. IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, (1998), 69-73.
-  Y. SHI (and) R. Eberhart: Empirical study of particle swarm optimization. Proc. Of the Evolutionary Computation, (1999).
-  R. EBERHART and Y. SHI: Comparing inertia weights and constriction factors in particle swarm optimization. Proc. of the 2000 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 1 (2000), 84-88.
-  X. Hu and R. EBERHART: Multiobjective optimization using dynamic neighborhood particle swarm optimization. Proc. of the 2002 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 2 (2002), 1677-1681.
-  R. EBERHART and Y. SHI: Tracking and optimizing dynamic systems with particle swarms. Proc. of the 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 1 (2001), 94-100.
-  J. KENNEDY and R. EBERHART: Swarm intelligence. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, 2001.
-  G. H. M. OMRAN: Particle swarm optimization methods for pattern recognition and image processing. PhD thesis, University of Pretoria, 2004.
-  A. GELETU: Solving optimization problems using the Matlab Optimization Toolbox - a Tutorial. 2007.
-  X. Wu, B. CHENG, J, CAO and B. CAO: Particle swarm optimization with normal cloud mutation. 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, (2008), 2828-2832.
-  J. WEN, X. WU, K. JIANG and B. CAO: Particle swarm algorithm based on normal cloud. IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence), (2008), 1492-1496.