Adaptive Active Control of Noise and Vibration
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
This paper presents the development of a unified approach to active control of noise and vibration.The design of an active control system in initially considered on the basis of a singleinput single-output(SISO) structure.The design procedure is formulated so as to allow on-line adaptation and control,and accordingly an adaptive control algorithm is devised.The design is the extended to the case of a single-input multi-output(SIMO)control structure. The control strategies thus devised are verirfied in the cancellation of broadband noise in a free-field medium, and in vibratio suppression in a cantilever beam in fixed-free and fixed-fixed modes.A comparative assessment of the results with SISO and SIMO control structures is presented and discussed.
Bibliogr. 43 poz., rys.
-  A. J. Bullmore, P. A. Nelson, A. R. D. Curtis And S. J. Elliott: The active minimization of harmonic enclosed sound fields, Part II: A computer simulation. J. Sound and Vibration, 117 (1987), 15-33.
-  J. C. Burgess: Active adaptive sound control in a duct: A computer simulation. J. Acoustical Society of America, 70 (1981), 715-726.
-  B. Chaplin: The cancellation of repetitive noise and vibration. Proc. Int. Conf. Noise Control Engineering, Florida, II (1980), 699-702.
-  G. B. B. Chaplin, R. A. Smith and T. P. C. Bramer: Methods and apparatus for reducing repetitive noise entering the ear. US Patent No. 4 654 871, 1987.
-  G. B. B. Chaplin and R. A. Smith: Active control of repetitive noise and vibration. Proc. Institute of Acoustics, February (1981), 9-12.
-  R. L. Clark and C. R. Fuller: Control of sound radiation with adaptive structures. J. Intelligent Systems and Structures, 2 (1991), 431-452.
-  W. B. Conover: Fighting noise with noise. Noise Control, 2 (1956), 78-82 & 92.
-  P. J. Dines: Comparison of least squares estimation and impulse response techniques for active control of flame noise. Proc. Institute of Acoustics, November 1982, F2.1-F2.4.
-  S. J. Elliott and P. A. Nelson: An adaptive algorithm for multichannel active control. Proc. Institute of Acoustics, 8 (1986), (Part 1), 135-147.
-  S. J. Elliott, A. R. D. Curtis, A. J. Bullmore and P. A. Nelson: The active minimization of harmonic enclosed sound fields, Part III: Experimental verification. J. Sound and Vibration, 117 (1987), 35-58.
-  S. J. Elliott, I. M. Stothers and P. A. Nelson: A multiple error LMS algorithm and its application to the active control of sound and vibration. IEEE Trans. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 35 (1987), 1423-1434.
-  L. J. Eriksson, M. C. Allie and R. A. Greiner: The selection and application of an IIR adaptive filter for use in active sound attenuation. IEEE Trans. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 35 (1987), 433-437.
-  L. J. Eriksson, M. C. Allie, C. D. Bremigan and R. A. Greiner: Active noise control using adaptive digital signal processing. Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. On Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 5 (1988), 2594-2597.
-  C. R. Fuller, C. A. Rogers and H. H. Robertshaw: Control of sound radiation with active/adaptive structures. J. Sound and Vibration, 157 (1992), 19-39.
-  C. J. Harris and S. A. Billings, (Eds): Self-tuning and adaptive control: Theory and applications. Peter Peregrinus, London, 1981.
-  P. A. Nelson, A. R. D. Curtis, S. J. Elliott and A. J. Bullmore: The active minimization of harmonic enclosed sound fields, Part I: Theory. J. Sound and Vibration, 117 (1987), 1-13.
-  D. Guicking: Active noise control - A review based on patent specifications. Proc. Int. Conf. Noise and Vibration Control, St Petersburg, 2 (1993), 153-157.
-  D. Guicking: An overview of ASVC: from laboratory curiosity to commercial products. In M. O. Tokhi and S. M. Veres (Eds): Active control of sound and vibration, The Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, 2002, 3-24.
-  M. A. Hossain and M. O. Tokhi: Evolutionary adaptive active vibration control. Proc. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, 21 (1997), 183-193.
-  M. A. Hossain: Digital signal processing and parallel processing for real-time adaptive noise and vibration control. PhD Theses, Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering, The University of Sheffield, UK, 1995.
-  N. Hesselmann: Investigation of noise reduction on a 100 kVA transformer tank by means of active methods. Applied Acoustics, 11 (1978), 27-34.
-  R. R. Leitch and M. O. Tokhi: Active noise control systems. IEE Proceedings-A, 134 (1987), 525-546.
-  R. R. Leitch and M. O. Tokhi: The implementation of active noise control systems using digital signal processing techniques. Proc. The Institute of Acoustics, bf 8, (Part 1), (1986), 149-157.
-  H. G. Leventhall: Active attenuators - A historical review and some recent developments. Proc. Int. Conf. Noise Control Engineering, Florida, II (1980), 679-682.
-  P. Lueg: Process of silencing sound oscillations. US Patent 2 043 416, 1936.
-  M. L. Munjal and L. J. Eriksson: An analytical, one-dimensional, standingwave model of a linear active noise control system in a duct. J. Acoustical Society of America, 84 (1988), 1086-1093.
-  C. F. Ross: An adaptive digital filter for broadband active sound control. J. Sound and Vibration, 80 (1982), 381-388.
-  C. F. Ross: Experiments on the active control of transformer noise. J. Sound and Vibration, 61 (1978), 473-480.
-  A. Roure: Self-adaptive broadband active sound control system. J. Sound and Vibration, 101 (1985), 429-441.
-  A. Roure and B. Nayroles: Autoadaptive broadband active absorption in ducts by the means of transversal filtering. Proc. Int. Conf. on Noise Control Engineering, Honolulu, I (1984), 493-496.
-  P. SJ Osten: Experiences of an adaptive control system for active noise control. Proc. Int. Conf. on Noise Control Engineering, Munich, I (1985), 595-598.
-  S. D. Snyder and C. H. Hansen: Design considerations for active noise control systems implementing the multiple input, multiple output LMS algorithm. J. Sound and Vibration, 159 (1992), 157-174.
-  M. O. Tokhi and R. R. Leitch: Design of active noise control systems operating in three-dimensional non-dispersive propagation medium. Noise Control Engn. J., 36 (1991), 41-53.
-  M. O. Tokhi and R. R. Leitch: Self-tuning active noise control. IEE Digest No. 1989/46: Colloquium on Adaptive Filtering, London, 1989, 9/1-9/4.
-  M. O. Tokhi and R. R. Leitch: Design and implementation of self-tuning active noise control systems. IEE Proceedings-D: Control Theory and Applications, 138 (1991), 421-430.
-  M. O. Tokhi and S. M. Veres, (Eds): Active control of sound and vibration. The Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, 2002.
-  M. O. Tokhi and R. R. Leitch: The robust design of active noise control systems based on relative stability measures. J. Acoustical Society of America, 90 (1991), 334-345.
-  M. O. Tokhi and K. Mamour: Active control of noise in three-dimensional propagation. M. O. Tokhi and S. M. Veres (Eds): Active control of sound and vibration, The Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, 2002, 25-55.
-  M. O. Tokhi: Analysis and robust design of active noise control systems incorporating compact sources. Int. J. of Active Control, 1 (1995), 109-144.
-  M. O. Tokhi and R. R. Leitch: Active noise control. Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1992.
-  G. E. Warnaka: Active attenuation of noise: the state of the art. Noise Control Engn. J., 18 (1982), 100-110.
-  P. E. Wellstead and M. B. Zarrop: Self-tuning systems - Control and signal processing. John Wiley, Chichester, 1991.
-  G. S. Virk and P. K. Kourmoulis: On the simulation of systems governed partial differential equations. Proc. IEE Conference on Control, (1988), 318-321.