Approximation of thermal background applied to defect detection using the methods of active thermography
In the paper a method for correction of heating non-homogeneity applied in defect detection with the use of active thermography is presented. In the method an approximation of thermal background with second- and third-order surfaces was used, what made it possible to remove partially the background. In the paper the simulation results obtained with the abovementioned method are presented. An analysis of the influence of correction of heating non-homogeneity on the effectiveness of defect detection is also carried out. The simulations are carried out for thermograms obtained on the basis of experiments on a test sample with simulated defects, made of a material of low thermal diffusivity.
Bibliogr. 17 poz., rys., tab., wykr.
-  Minkina, W., Dudzik, S. (2009). Infrared Thermography - Errors and Uncertainties. Chichester, John Wiley & Sons.
-  Minkina, W. (2004). Thermovision Measurements - methods and instruments. Czestochowa: Publishing Office of Czestochowa University of Technology. (in Polish)
-  Madura ,H., et al. 2004 Thermovision measurements in practice. PAK Publishers Agenda. (in Polish)
-  Minkina, W., Dudzik, S. (2006). Simulation analysis of uncertainty of infrared camera measurement and processing path. Measurement, 39(8), 758-763.
-  Dudzik, S. (2005). Analysis of influence of correlation coefficient between measurement model input variables on uncertainty of temperature determination with an infrared camera. In Proceedings of XXXVII MKM conference. Zielona Góra, 195-203. (in Polish)
-  Dudzik, S., Minkina, W. (2008). Application of the numerical method for the propagation of distributions to the calculation of coverage intervals in the thermovision measurements. In Proceedings of 9th Conference on Quantitative Infrared Thermography. Kraków, 179-184.
-  Maldague, X.P. (2001). Theory and practice of infrared technology for nondestructive testing. New York: John Wiley & Sons Interscience.
-  Gleiter, A., Spiessberger, C., Busse, G. (2008). Phase angle thermography for depth resolved characterization. In Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Quantitative Infrared Thermography QiRT, Kraków, 435-441.
-  Zöcke, C., Langmeier, A., Stössbel, R., Arnold, W. (2009). Reconstruction of the defect shape from lock-in thermography phase images. QIRT Journal, 6(1), 63-78.
-  Dudzik, S. (2009). A simple method for defect area detection using active thermography. Opto-Electronics Review, 17(4), 338-344.
-  Dudzik, S. (2010). Application of the morphological operations for defect area recognition using active thermography. In Proceedings of 10th Conference on Quantitative Infrared Thermography. Université Laval, Québec. (in press)
-  Fourier, J. Théorie du mouvement de la chaleur dans les corps solides-2 Partie. Mémoires de l’Academie des Sciences, 5(153), 1826.
-  Carlslaw, H.S., Jaeger, J.C. (1959). Conduction of heat in solids. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press.
-  Russ, J.C. (2002). Image Processing Handbook. CRC Press LLC.
-  Burden, R.L., Faires, J.D. (2004). Numerical analysis. 8th ed. Brooks Cole.
-  Malina, W., Smiatacz, M. (2008). Digital image processing. Warsaw: Academic Publishing Office EXIT. (in Polish)
-  Nieniewski M. (2005). Segmentation of Digital images. Watershed segmentation methods. Warsaw: Academic Publishing Office EXIT. (in Polish)