Metallographic aspects of deformed monocrystals of CuZn30 alloys
Wybrane pełne teksty z tego czasopisma
Purpose: The aim of the paper is to present the technique of production and the analysis of the structures of CuZn30 monocrystals compressed at a temperature of 20°C up to 400°C at a strain rate of 10-5 sec-1 to 10-1 sec-1. Design/methodology/approach: The range of investigations comprised the production of monocrystals for tests, the determination of their crystallographic orientation, the deformation of selected monocrystals by compressing them within the temperature range from 20°C to 400°C at a strain rate of 10-5 sec-1 to 10-1 sec-1, as well as observations of the structures on an optical microscope. Findings: The analysis of the results of these investigations permitted to prove a considerable influence of the temperature, the strain rate and the crystallographic orientation on the metallographic effects of the work hardening of the CuZn30 alloy with the orientation [1 3 9 ]. Practical implications: In the microstructures of the investigated monocrystals typical effects of plastic deformation were observed in the form of parallel cruciform lines and slip zones with locally intensified densities in various ranges of the cross-section of the sample and bands of deflection with weakly visible slip lines in the original system. Originality/value: The analysed microstructures of compressed monocrystals prove that the main mechanism of plastic deformation is the slide. Of essential influence on the structure of plastically deformed monocrystals with the orientation [1 3 9 ] are both the temperature and the strain rate.
Bibliogr. 15 poz.
-  M. Richert, J. Richert, A. Hotlo??, W. Pachla, J. Skiba, Structure and properties of copper deformed by severe plastic deformation methods, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 44/1 (2011) 50-56.
-  M. Elmadagli, A.T. Alpas, Metallographic analysis of the deformation microstructure of copper subjected to orthogonal cutting, Materials Science and Engineering A 355/1 (2003) 249-259.
-  H. Paul, A. Morawiec, J.H. Driver, E. Bouzy, On twinning and shear banding in a Cu–8 at.% Al alloy plane strain compressed at 77 K, International Journal of Plasticity 25 (2009) 1588-1608.
-  W. Ozgowicz B. Grzegorczyk E. Kalinowska-Ozgowicz, The structure and mechanical properties of the alloy CuZn30 after recrystallizing annealing, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 40/1 (2010) 15-24.
-  P. Sakiewicz, R. Nowosielski, S. Griner, R. Babilas, Changes of microstructure in CuNi25 alloy deformed at elevated temperature, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 50/2 (2011) 98-109.
-  K. Pieła, Modes of plastic flow of Zn-Cu single crystals compressed along the  direction, Archives of Metallurgy and Materials 51/3 (2006) 475-480.
-  A. Piątkowski, The influence of heterogeneity of deformation on course of work hardening of tension monocrystals of aluminium and the copper, PhD thesis, Cracow, 1987 (in Polish).
-  Z. Jasieński: The metallographic aspect of heterogeneity of deformation monocrystals Al and the alloy, Ore and the Nonferrous Metals 12 (1967) 450-459 (in Polish).
-  W. Ozgowicz, B. Grzegorczyk, E. Kalinowska-Ozgowicz, The influence of the temperature of tensile test on the structure and plastic properties of copper alloy type CuCr1Zr, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering 29/2 (2008) 123-136.
-  X. Badiche, S. Forest, T. Guibert, Y. Bienvenu, J.-D. Bartout, P. Ienny, M. Croset, H. Bernet, Mechanical properties and non-homogeneous deformation of open-cell nickel foams: application of the mechanics of cellular solids and of porous materials, Materials Science and Engineering A 289/1-2(2000) 276-288.
-  W. Ozgowicz, B. Grzegorczyk, The influence of the temperature of plastic deformation on the structure and mechanical properties of copper alloys CuCo2Be and CuCo1Ni1Be, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 39/1 (2009) 5-12.
-  W. Głuchowski, J.P. Stobrawa, Z.M. Rdzawski, Microstructure refinement of selected copper alloys strips processed by SPD method, Archives of Materials Science and Engineering 47/2 (2011) 103-109.
-  A. Cuniberti, M. Ahlers, R. Romero, The plastic deformation of 18R long range ordered Cu-Zn-Al single crystals the temperature and strain rate dependence of the critical stress and the influence of dynamic strain aging Materials Science and Engineering A 234-236 (1997) 893-895.
-  K. Rodak, G. Moskal, Influence of severe plastic deformation on microstructure and thermal properties of Cu, Key Engineering Materials 465 (2011) 331-334.
-  PN-EN 12163:2002: The copper and the alloys of copper - The rods of general destination.