Analyze of vertical acceleration of the body mass center during running on treadmill
Biomechanika'06 / Międzynarodowa Konferencja (06-08.09.2006 ; Zakopane, Polska)
The work presents analyze of vertical acceleration curve of the body mass center (VACM characteristic) obtained by eleven athletes during on treadmill running with gradual rise velocity. The measurements are made by uniaxial accelerometer placed in loins part of trunk near the center of body mass. The chosen value of characteristics was calculated for every single run with applied velocity of treadmill The velocity of treadmill of every run was significantly correlated to mean values of VACM characteristics calculated for all subjects. For every athletes analyzed mean values of characteristics calculated separately for left and right steps were significantly different.
Bibliogr. 5 poz.
-  Kavanagh J. J., Morisson S., Barrett R. S.: Coordination of head and trunk accelerations during walking. European Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 94, No 4, 2005, pp. 468-475.
-  Moe-Nilsen R., Helbostad J. L.: Estimation of gait cycle characteristics by trunk accelerometry. Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 37, No 1, 2004, pp. 121-126.
-  Mayagoita R. E., Nene A. V., Veltink P. H.: Accelerometer and rate gyroscope measurement of kinematics: an inexpensive alternative to optical motion analysis systems.. Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 35, No 4,2002, pp. 537-542.
-  Freedson P. S., Melason E., Sirard J.: Calibration of the computer science and applications Inc. accelerometer. Medicine and Science in Sport and Exercise, Vol. 30, No 5,1998, pp. 777-781.
-  Bogert A., Read L., Nigg B. M.: A method for inverse dynamic analyses using accelerometry. Journal of Biomechanics, Vol. 29, No 7, 1996, pp. 949-954.