Optimization of human's balancing locomotion on the accelerated platform using compensation algorithms
Biomechanika'06 / Międzynarodowa Konferencja (06-08.09.2006 ; Zakopane, Polska)
Most of the people over 65 years old, experience falling due to muscular-nerve system disorder. Control of posture for this group of people can be recovered by rehabilitation exercises. This study suggests an optimum kinematic motion pattern to recover stability and balance of the human body due to a suddenly base acceleration without separation of the foot from the ground, using statically and dynamically compensation algorithms. The work was done by mathematically simulation of a biomechanical multi-links model in the sagittal plane. The results showed that a continuous smooth motion in every joint can lead to recover the stability of the model
Bibliogr. 9 poz.
-  Maki B. E., McIlroy W. E.: Postural control in the older adult. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine 12, 1996, pp. 635-658.
-  Nashner L. M., McCollum G.: The organization of human postural movements: a formal basis and experimental hypothesis. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 8, 1985, pp. 135-172.
-  Kuo A.: An optimal control model for analyzing human postural balance. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 42, 1995, pp. 87-101.
-  Kuo A., Zajac P.: Human standing posture: multijoint movement strategies based on biomechanical constraints. Natural and Artificial Control of Hearing and Balance. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1993.
-  Runge C. F., Shupert C. L., Horak F. B., Zajac F. E.: Ankle and hip postural strategies defined by joint torques. Gait and Posture 10, 1999, pp. 161-170.
-  Iqbal K., Pai Y. C: Predicted region of stability for balance recovery: motion at the knee joint can improve termination of forward movement. Journal of biomechanics, Volume 33, Issue 12, 2000, pp. 1619-1627.
-  Craig J. J., Introduction to robotics: mechanics and control, Second edition, Addison-Wesley, 1989.
-  Sadeghi Mehr M., Naderi D., Gholami V.: Optimization of human’s motion pattern on accelerated platform using compensation algorithm, submitted to 14th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan, Iran, May 16-18, 2006.
-  Winter D.: Biomechanics and motor control of human movement, John Wiley and sons, 1990.